1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Community Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Cancer Society (Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN) in November 2009.

Interview

I had a unique experience in my interview process. I was called by an HR representative to schedule an in-person interview with the Community Relations Director. A few days later I went to the ACS office and spent about 45 minutes speaking with the Community Relations Director about my experience in sales and in working with groups of volunteers. It was a very informal interview, and I found out later that was because it wasn't this person who was making the final decision. A person below him was making the hiring decisions, but she was out of town and he wanted to get the process moving, so he wanted to meet me as soon as possible. I believe it was because he would have needed to meet with me in person if I was chosen for the position and he just wanted to get a jump start on the process. 3 or 4 days later, I received a call from the Community Relations Manager to schedule an interview, and I went back to the office to meet with her and another CR Manager in person. This interview was more like a first interview, and I was asked questions about my sales experience, about my customer service experience, and my work with volunteers. There were some behavioral questions, buy nothing that I would consider a "gotcha" question.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you worked with a difficult volunteer, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
  • What was your least favorite part of your last job?   Answer Question