American Cancer Society

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Event Outreach Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Cancer Society in June 2014.

There were 2 phone interviews with a recruiter and then the hiring manager. They were both very pleasant. It was more like a conversation than an interview. I felt at ease after each interview.

Interview Questions
  • How does your future plans align with our business direction?   View Answer
I was told upfront what the salary was and agreed to it in the interview. There was no negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for American Cancer Society

Event Outreach Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Cancer Society in April 2014.

First there was a 30+ on line questionnaire, then a phone interview. Depending on who you got for the phone interview, it was either extremely by rote questioning, or an actual, personalized interview. I had two interviews, one average and the other one terrific, where I felt that I really connected with the interviewer. She made it clear that only my lack of experience working with volunteers rather than paid employees kept me from continuing the application process.

Interview Questions
    • Asked several times, and in slightly different formats was "how would you deal with unhappy/underperforming volunteers?".   View Answer