American Cancer Society Income Development Representative Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Phone interview
Face to Face Interview with 2 staff members

Updated hiring process:
Online questionnaire, if you "pass" you get pushed through to the next interview process
Then from there they record you in a phone interview
Then a face to face interview

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral based questions: STAR: Must be prepared to answer questions with a situation, the task you took, the action and the result

Be prepared to answer "sales" questions and volunteer management questions for the income development positions
      Answer Question
Offered a salary over the phone, negotiated

Other Interview Reviews for American Cancer Society

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blue Bell, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society in October 2012.

Initial phone interview then in-person interview, both entirely comprised of behavioral questions. Person I interviewed with gave me a tentative timeline and assured me that I would hear from him either way. I did not hear back and did not receive a response to my follow-up email. I'm sure he is quite busy but a form email indicating they were pursuing another candidate would have set him back about ten seconds. Inexcusably rude. Don't have a very high opinion of this organization now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society in July 2011.

Application, Personality Assessment, 30 Question Phone Interview; 2 Personal Interviews

There is no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Erie, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society in December 2011.

I first applied for a job with ACS last spring. I was invited to take an online personality-type test, but was not offered an interview. I applied for another job with ACS in December, but did not have to re-take the online test, apparently I "passed" the first time I took it. I then had a phone interview, which was really another personality test. This interview consisted of thirty questions in which I was asked how I would handle different types of situations with volunteers. The interviewer did not give feedback to my answers, she simply moved on to the next question. About a week after this, I was called to come in for an in-person interview. I was interviewed by one of my region's income development managers, and her boss. They asked several STAR format questions, then we talked casually for awhile. They started giving me advice on which restaurants to go to, etc. When I was in onboard training- that's when I knew I had the job. I got my unofficial offer about two weeks later, and my official offer a week after that- once I had passed the background check.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a volunteer who has been in their position for a long time, but was resistant to change, yet you feel change is needed?   View Answer
    Since this was my first "real" job out of college, I did not feel comfortable negotiating. However, I now know that due to the stress of this position, they have a high turnover rate. So, if you feel you are a strong candidate I would recommend trying to negotiate. Just remember, it is a non-profit, so I wouldn't try to get a lot more money than they are offering- you won't get it and they won't like it.

Income Development Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Cancer Society.

I applied for the position through their website for a chapter near me. I was set up with a phone interview about a week after with an HR person that did not work at that chapter but in a different state. Most of the questions were behavioral questions and what you would do in the situation. I interviewed for a pipeline position which meant there wasn't a current opportunity open but they will contact me in a couple of months when one might open up.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your planning committee is made up only of people of similar cultural backgrounds and incomes   Answer Question

Income Development Representative Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Cancer Society in March 2010.

After applying for the position, an HR representative contacted me for an initial screening interview. This interview lasted less than 10 minutes. Then about a month later I was contacted by the same HR person, who scheduled an interview with the Director of the division that I would be working with and the Director of Income Development. The interview was approximately 25-30 minutes long and involved basic and situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • What were the exact amounts of money raised for each event you coordinated? How much of that were you personally responsible for?   Answer Question

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!