American Cancer Society Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.8

Specialist, Relay for Life Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Cancer Society (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people who took turns asking questions. Questions mostly focused on volunteer experience. The interview was very relaxed and both individuals were very passionate about their jobs and were very open about the demands and rewards of the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

Applied online less than a week ago. Set up a phone interview. Was disappointed in the phone interview, the recruiter called and then played an automated recording. 99.9% of the phone interview was done from this recording. Became very difficult to pay attention because with automated recordings they can be extremely hard to understand .

Interview Questions

• Was asked a series of situation questions. "What if this happen..." etc.   Answer Question

Specialist, Relay for Life Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Cancer Society (Southfield, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Online questionairre and 45-60 minute phone interview. Basically a personality test online and a "What would you do?" on a very lengthy phone interview where questions are read, dryly, in a robotic voice, with no further explanation. The interviewer and the recruiter are in two different states and had time zone issues. Therefore, they had major communication breakdowns. So one had my interview scheduled for 10am and one had it schefuled for 11am. Neither one apologized for the mix up and kept calling and emailing me mixed messages about the time mix up. I felt both blamed me for their communication breakdown issues. It was as if I lost the job before I even had the chance based on the interview time mix-up they had between the two of them that I was caught up in the middle. Most annoying interview process, ever. Adding insult to injury no one even bothered to take the time to email me a rejection and thanks for applying but... They just simply blew me off!

Interview Questions

• What do you do with a volunteer who is exceeding all goals and expectations?   1 Answer

Interview

Initial communication was a phone call in which they asked thirty situation questions in a thirty minute time period. These questions had to do mostly with volunteer management and controlling a committee and making sure they are kept on track and focused. Questions were fairly similar to the online questionnaire which they make you complete. Sometimes it felt like they were asking same questions in different ways.

Interview Questions

• There was a couple instances where they asked questions in regards to discrimination and having a diverse staff, but if you are explain that you do not tolerate this and are a level headed person it should not catch you off guard too much   Answer Question

not enough salary

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

After being contacted by a recruitment agency I was called for an over the phone interview. During this interview I was asked a series of awkward situational questions then asked to come in for a face to face interview. During the face to face interview I was asked questions about the position and if I thought I was a good candidate. This job was going to be a two month position and I would never work more than 37 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• If you don't agree with a decision made by someone higher up in the company than you what would you do?   Answer Question

Event Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Cancer Society (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online to internships.com and received an email a few days later, and set up a phone call a week later. I talked to her over the phone, and reviewed my resume with her and was hired.

Negotiation

n/a

Patient Resource Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

If you look online at typical interview questions, prepare and you are good to go. Have a good time and be yourself. There were no questions that really threw me off. They want people who care about cancer patients or have been impacted by cancer in some way.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could really be on time, they really don't want you coming in to work late   Answer Question

Patient Resource Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Cancer Society in August 2014.

Interview

There was a quick phone screen before the interview from someone at their corporate office. A few days after the interview there was a short side-by-side so I could see what the day-to-day looks like. After the side-by-side there was a one-on-one interview with a program director who asked normal interview questions. I received a job offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you didn't get along with a supervisor?   Answer Question

Office Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Cancer Society in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, didn't hear back for maybe a month. I received an email asking if I could schedule a phone interview. After the end of the phone interview, I was told my information would be passed on to the hiring manager on site. They emailed to let me know they chose someone with more closely related skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you divide up the work for a project shared with another person   1 Answer

Distinguished Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

Initial phone interview. Situational questions about working with people and staying organized. Then came in to meet two individuals from the department. They were both very nice and the interview flowed as a conversation. Pretty easy if you are really personable and can communicate well. Process took about 2 weeks max.

Interview Questions

• All very basic questions that you could expect in any professional interview. The phone interview was the most difficult and more of a formality to make sure you aren't a joke.

Give me an example of how you work in groups.
      Communicated with someone with a difficult personality.
      Why do you want to work here?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No much room to negotiate