American Cancer Society Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated May 14, 2015

Health Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Cancer Society (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online in April. Received an email from a recruiter a week later for a phone interview. After phone interview I went in person to meet with two senior managers. I was told I would hear back in 1 - 2 weeks. The overall interview was pleasant. I felt extremely comfortable it felt more like we were having a conversation. I followed up with the hiring manager two weeks after my interview, and recieved an automatic response from human resources stating I was no longer under consideration for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the American cancer society?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Cancer Society (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through the ACS website and received an email for a phone interview with recruiter within 2-3 weeks. The recruiter interview was used to gauge my interest in the position and to gauge salary expectations. About 10 days later I received an appointment for a panel interview. The process is fast, if they like what you have to offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected. They presented detailed information about the position at the interview and then asked questions from there vetting experiences and comparing them to the position in question.   1 Answer

Director of Estate Gifts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Cancer Society (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

The American Cancer Society organization conducts a multi-tiered 360 interview process primarily by phone - until the final stages. Then the interviews are group interviews. Presentations were required after the first two interviews. All of the individuals who conduct the interviews are very strong committed staff members who knowledgeable about cancer as well as wills, trusts, estates, and charitable giving in general. the interviewers provide clear communications about next steps. Intially it was surprising that there were so many telephone interviews before the meeting. Interviewees are required to develop a detailed 90 day business plan.

Interview Questions

• Interviewees must provide a detailed review and justification of 90 day plan. Interviewee must understand the met present evaluation of expected gift production. Interviewees must understand the details of planned giving as well the research, public policy stances, and programs of the ACS.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is virtually no negotiation.

Director of Special Events Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Cancer Society (East Brunswick, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

I received a call from HR regarding the position I had applied for online. I set up an interview for the following week. I met with 2 hiring managers for approximately an hour. They said they would be in touch and about 2 weeks later I received an email that I was not chosen.

Manager, Special Events Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Cancer Society (Edison, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied on line sending my resume. HR person contacted me. Asked my salary requirements. My requirements were $10000 more than they wanted pay. I decided to go on the interview. I met with two directors younger myself. That was not a problem. Interview appeared to go well. The stumbling block which remained was my salary requirement. I was e-mailed about a week later that they had hired someone who was a better fit.

Community Mission Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Knolls, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Cancer Society (Cedar Knolls, NJ) in March 2010.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was to be expected. Standard questions with a group interview. Not enough details on actual job duties and expectations or the amount of people one would report to.

Negotiation

Basic-here's what we offer, here's what I will accept, let's meet in the middle.