American Cancer Society Interview Questions in New York City, NY

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society in October 2013.

Applied through the ACS website and received an email for a phone interview with recruiter within 2-3 weeks. The recruiter interview was used to gauge my interest in the position and to gauge salary expectations. About 10 days later I received an appointment for a panel interview.

The process is fast, if they like what you have to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected. They presented detailed information about the position at the interview and then asked questions from there vetting experiences and comparing them to the position in question.   View Answer

Director of Estate Gifts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at American Cancer Society in January 2013.

The American Cancer Society organization conducts a multi-tiered 360 interview process primarily by phone - until the final stages. Then the interviews are group interviews. Presentations were required after the first two interviews. All of the individuals who conduct the interviews are very strong committed staff members who knowledgeable about cancer as well as wills, trusts, estates, and charitable giving in general. the interviewers provide clear communications about next steps. Intially it was surprising that there were so many telephone interviews before the meeting. Interviewees are required to develop a detailed 90 day business plan.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewees must provide a detailed review and justification of 90 day plan. Interviewee must understand the met present evaluation of expected gift production. Interviewees must understand the details of planned giving as well the research, public policy stances, and programs of the ACS.   View Answer
    There is virtually no negotiation.

Director of Special Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Brunswick, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society in October 2012.

I received a call from HR regarding the position I had applied for online. I set up an interview for the following week. I met with 2 hiring managers for approximately an hour. They said they would be in touch and about 2 weeks later I received an email that I was not chosen.

Manager, Special Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at American Cancer Society in July 2010.

I applied on line sending my resume. HR person contacted me. Asked my salary requirements. My requirements were $10000 more than they wanted pay. I decided to go on the interview. I met with two directors younger myself. That was not a problem. Interview appeared to go well. The stumbling block which remained was my salary requirement. I was e-mailed about a week later that they had hired someone who was a better fit.

Community Mission Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Knolls, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at American Cancer Society in March 2010.

Hiring and interview process was to be expected. Standard questions with a group interview. Not enough details on actual job duties and expectations or the amount of people one would report to.

Basic-here's what we offer, here's what I will accept, let's meet in the middle.

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!