American Cancer Society

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Estate Gifts Interview

Director of Estate Gifts
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at American Cancer Society in January 2013.

Interview Details – The American Cancer Society organization conducts a multi-tiered 360 interview process primarily by phone - until the final stages. Then the interviews are group interviews. Presentations were required after the first two interviews. All of the individuals who conduct the interviews are very strong committed staff members who knowledgeable about cancer as well as wills, trusts, estates, and charitable giving in general. the interviewers provide clear communications about next steps. Intially it was surprising that there were so many telephone interviews before the meeting. Interviewees are required to develop a detailed 90 day business plan.

Interview Question – Interviewees must provide a detailed review and justification of 90 day plan. Interviewee must understand the met present evaluation of expected gift production. Interviewees must understand the details of planned giving as well the research, public policy stances, and programs of the ACS.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is virtually no negotiation.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through the ACS website and received an email for a phone interview with recruiter within 2-3 weeks. The recruiter interview was used to gauge my interest in the position and to gauge salary expectations. About 10 days later I received an appointment for a panel interview.

The process is fast, if they like what you have to offer.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected. They presented detailed information about the position at the interview and then asked questions from there vetting experiences and comparing them to the position in question.   View Answer

Director of Special Events Interview

Director of Special Events
East Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society in October 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call from HR regarding the position I had applied for online. I set up an interview for the following week. I met with 2 hiring managers for approximately an hour. They said they would be in touch and about 2 weeks later I received an email that I was not chosen.

Interview Question – How would you get sponsors for events?   Answer Question

Community Mission Manager Interview

Community Mission Manager
Cedar Knolls, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at American Cancer Society in March 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was to be expected. Standard questions with a group interview. Not enough details on actual job duties and expectations or the amount of people one would report to.

Negotiation Details – Basic-here's what we offer, here's what I will accept, let's meet in the middle.

Manager, Special Events Interview

Manager, Special Events
Edison, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at American Cancer Society in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied on line sending my resume. HR person contacted me. Asked my salary requirements. My requirements were $10000 more than they wanted pay. I decided to go on the interview. I met with two directors younger myself. That was not a problem. Interview appeared to go well. The stumbling block which remained was my salary requirement. I was e-mailed about a week later that they had hired someone who was a better fit.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   View Answer

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!