American Cancer Society Program Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.2

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

Applied online, interview was a personality questionnaire and interviewer was not interested in my personal experience at all. Interviewer was not "allowed" to clarify questions or situations, even though many questions were context-specific. Interviewer was only allowed to repeat the question. Questions included what to do when your boss is having a bad day, what to do if a volunteer comes to you crying, what do you do if your boss tells you to do something & you don't want to do it (Is it illegal? If the answer is no, then the next answer is they're your boss, you do it!) Most of the questions centered on these people-focused emotional type of questions, rather than anything about how you do your job, what you do to be successful, etc.

Interview Questions

• If your boss is having a bad day at work, what do you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Cancer Society

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

I interview with 3 individuals. The first was a screening call with the HR department and second was the hiring staff. All interviews were very pleasant. The interviewers asked specific questions in a very professional yet polite and welcoming manner. Feedback regarding the interview was relatively quick that is, I was informed on next steps within a week.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Cancer Society (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through the ACS website and received an email for a phone interview with recruiter within 2-3 weeks. The recruiter interview was used to gauge my interest in the position and to gauge salary expectations. About 10 days later I received an appointment for a panel interview. The process is fast, if they like what you have to offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected. They presented detailed information about the position at the interview and then asked questions from there vetting experiences and comparing them to the position in question.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Cancer Society (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview process consist of a detail phone interview that lasted close to an hour with the hiring manager and senior manager. Was brought in two weeks later for a face to face interview with the hiring manager and senior manager. No follow up or feedback. Received form email 2 months later stating they were reviewing other candidates. Entire experience awful. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Process took so long, I can't remember the questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Cancer Society (Oakland, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

First round was a phone interview - basic general questions about background, probably to get a sense of if you have meet the general prereqs and are pleasant. Next was a panel interview. This was awkward - the questions, that is. They are more oriented toward what you would do in certain situations, such as if you're faced with a difficult situation. The questions were geared more towards your personality and how you handle situations, rather than focusing on your skills and background.