American Cancer Society

www.cancer.org

American Cancer Society Relay for Life Specialist and Community Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Relay for Life Specialist and Community Manager Interview

Relay for Life Specialist and Community Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview Details – I have interview for four positions with ACS. All of the questions were situation (tell me about a time when...). I have yet to be offered a position. When I asked the Human Resource contact person what I was lacking, each time I am told that I interviewed very well, but the hiring manager chose a person who already lived in the area/community. But, that I should keep applying, as ACS is re-organizing and there will be many more opportunities available.

I have over ten years experience in public outreach experience, where most of the time I was the new person. I am incredibly acclimated to introducing myself to new people, understanding their perspectives and assisting them to reach their goals. All of which I have been able to share in my interviews by answering they situation questions.

If ACS is only interested in selecting candidates who already live in the area/community, please do not interview candidates who are interested in relocating. It only frustrates these candidates, who more than likely have been personally touched by cancer, believe in the ACS mission and/or who have a strong desire to drawn on their experiences to further ACS goals.

Interview Question – What did you do to prepare for this interview?   Answer Question

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!