American Cancer Society
American Cancer Society Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Community Representative (9)
- Income Development Representative (6)
- Relay for Life Manager (5)
- Specialist, Relay for Life (5)
- Director (4)
- Executive Director (3)
- Program Manager (3)
- Community Relationship Manager (3)
- Patient Resource Specialist (2)
- Patient Navigator (2)
- Community Mission Manager (2)
- Event Outreach Specialist (2)
- Senior Manager, Relay for Life (2)
- Administrative Assistant (2)
- Cancer Information Specialist (2)
- Specialist (2)
- Epidemiologist (2)
- Event Coordinator (2)
- Income Development Specialist (2)
- Income Manager (1)
- Director, Communications (1)
- Grants Manager (1)
- MBA Marketing Intern (1)
- Senior Manager (1)
- Accountant (1)
- Summer Intern (1)
- Intern (1)
- Community Manager (1)
- Community Manager - Development (1)
- Community Relations (1)
Specialist Interview (Neutral Experience)
I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society.
Interview Details – Long interview process - phone screen, phone interview with hiring manager, panel interview, then finally an offer. Took two to three weeks for the process and lots of awkward moments at former job.
Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us instead of another nonprofit? Answer Question
Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate, would definitely not just accept first offer.
Specialist Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society.
Interview Details – phone screening first, almost one hour conversation with supervisor which gave me an overview of position and to see if I am a good fit, also asked for expected salary during phone screening. I have a feeling that they would not bring me in for f2f if they don't meet my salary expectation. Then face to face panel interview.
Interview Question – all questions were situational, be prepared to give examples. Answer Question
Negotiation Details – not much negotiation, they gave me more money than I asked for.
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Cancer Society