American Cancer Society

Relevance Date Difficulty

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview Details – Long interview process - phone screen, phone interview with hiring manager, panel interview, then finally an offer. Took two to three weeks for the process and lots of awkward moments at former job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us instead of another nonprofit?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate, would definitely not just accept first offer.

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview Details – phone screening first, almost one hour conversation with supervisor which gave me an overview of position and to see if I am a good fit, also asked for expected salary during phone screening. I have a feeling that they would not bring me in for f2f if they don't meet my salary expectation. Then face to face panel interview.

Interview Question – all questions were situational, be prepared to give examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation, they gave me more money than I asked for.

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!