Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Cancer Society
- Specialist, Relay for Life (14)
- Community Representative (9)
- Patient Resource Specialist (9)
- Income Development Representative (6)
- Community Manager (6)
- Cancer Information Specialist (5)
- Program Manager (5)
- Relay for Life Manager (5)
- Director (4)
- Community Relationship Manager (3)
- Relay for Life Specialist (3)
- Executive Director (3)
- Income Development Specialist (3)
- Senior Manager, Relay for Life (3)
- Specialist, Community Events (2)
- Event Recruiter (2)
- Distinguished Events (2)
- Office Coordinator (2)
- Special Events Manager (2)
- Administrative Assistant (2)
- Specialist (2)
- Epidemiologist (2)
- Event Coordinator (2)
- Community Mission Manager (2)
- Event Outreach Specialist (2)
- Director of Special Events (2)
- Patient Navigator (2)
- Interactive Media Internship (1)
- Batch Associate (1)
- Cancer Resource Specialist (1)
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Detroit, MI).
Long interview process - phone screen, phone interview with hiring manager, panel interview, then finally an offer. Took two to three weeks for the process and lots of awkward moments at former job.
- Why do you want to work for us instead of another nonprofit? Answer Question
Able to negotiate, would definitely not just accept first offer.
Other Interview Reviews for American Cancer Society
Specialist InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Oakland, CA).
phone screening first, almost one hour conversation with supervisor which gave me an overview of position and to see if I am a good fit, also asked for expected salary during phone screening. I have a feeling that they would not bring me in for f2f if they don't meet my salary expectation. Then face to face panel interview.
- all questions were situational, be prepared to give examples. Answer Question
not much negotiation, they gave me more money than I asked for.