American Century

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Century in November 2010.

The process was very professional. A human resources representative made all the arrangements and handled initial introductions. They flew me in and arranged for my transportation from the airport. I had a full itinerary ahead of the trip so I knew the names and titles of everyone that I was going to meet. I met with 7 people total for about 45 minutes for each interview. One was with the hiring manager, one with the human resources representative, 2 with other members of the investment team, one with a member of another investment team, and one with the head of the department. The hiring manager also took me out to lunch. Each of the investment teams seem to have their own culture and way of doing things. They are very autonomous and teams within a similar product group may have a slightly different process and use different tools. However, all the teams seem very collaborative and collegial. It is a first class organization that truly values its people.

Interview Questions