American Council on Education Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Council on Education

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Council on Education (Washington, DC).

Interview

After an initial discussion with a representative from human resources department, there was one phone call interview with the supervisor for the position, and then I was invited for an in-person interview, which included meeting with several groups of individuals.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Council on Education.

Interview

The HR staff handled the communication and set up prior to the first interview. The first interview was with a fairly large panel, about 8 people from different teams and units the successful applicant would deal with. The panel was organized, clearly had prepared and assigned questions, also allowed for follow on.
    Second interview was with supervisor and next level up, a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• Understanding full context for a position in the testing field without prior test development/deployment experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR staff was terrific, looking out for my interests (recommended at least a week between jobs, even though hiring office wanted immediate start). She was absolutely right, a week provided time enough to start the new job fully fresh and energized.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Council on Education in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview scheduled by HR through email. Search committee with 5 people on phone for one hour interview. HR and search committee were very friendly. However, I was disappointed that I did not receive a "thanks, but no thanks letter." I even followed up with an email but did not hear back from them. So, after several days then weeks, I assumed that I did not get the job, which is fine. However, it is not very professional to leave a candidate hanging.

Interview Questions

• Regarding your entrepreneurial side, describe any initiatives where you took the lead role and created something from the beginning.   Answer Question