American Councils for International Education

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Assistant Interview

Program Assistant
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Councils for International Education.

Interview Details – There is a fairly extensive online questionnaire with specific questions that you are never asked about. You get called in for an interview, with your potential work supervisor and their supervisor. I was asked standard interview questions that can be prepared for by reading the job description and responsibilities.

Interview Question – One question that was very difficult asked me to predict a solution to a problem that I didn't know the company standard operation procedure for (but I was sure existed).   Answer Question

Resident Director (Dushanbe, Tajikistan) Interview

Resident Director (Dushanbe, Tajikistan)

I applied online and interviewed at American Councils for International Education.

Interview Details – I submitted an application and was contacted for an interview the following day. There were two rounds of interviews- one with pretty standard questions about my background and suitability for the position, and the second conducted partly in Farsi/Tajik to test my language ability. I heard back from them pretty soon afterward. The interview process was pretty straightforward and quite pleasant.

Interview Question – How I would support female students dealing with radically different perceptions of gender roles in Tajikistan.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate; I found the contract salary attractive

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator

Interviewed at American Councils for International Education

Interview Details – The phone interview lasted for 1 hour and they also had reference check.

Interview Question – Questions are very basic.   Answer Question

FLEX Program Coordinator Interview

FLEX Program Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at American Councils for International Education.

Interview Details – The application process was very abnormal from the start. They require a cover letter, then ask you to essentially repeat the cover letter with significant essays then to top it off as for your social security number at the time of application. The interview was uncomfortable to say the least; they asked many very personal questions and were very unaccommodating with using references based overseas.

Interview Question – Unexpected - they asked extremely personal details relating to a small gap in employment.   Answer Question

Program Officer Interview

Program Officer
Washington, DC

Interview Details – I submitted by application, they replied a few weeks later and invited me to come in to interview.

Interview Question – I don't remember specific questions, but remember feeling like some of them were vague. Like, tell me about a time when you were a liaison between disparate parts... what? Some of their questions could have used some fine-tuning.   Answer Question

FLEX Alumni Coordinator Interview

FLEX Alumni Coordinator

The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Councils for International Education in September 2007.

Interview Details – A rather simple application that included some questions and also one or two essays. Then a phone interview where questions were asked like "How have you contributed to Future Leaders Exchange?" etc. If you have a strong desire to work, they will hire you even if you don’t have relevant experience yet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Worked for American Councils for International Education? Contribute to the Community!