American Councils for International Education

American Councils for International Education Interview Questions

2.8

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Councils for International Education.

There is a fairly extensive online questionnaire with specific questions that you are never asked about. You get called in for an interview, with your potential work supervisor and their supervisor. I was asked standard interview questions that can be prepared for by reading the job description and responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • One question that was very difficult asked me to predict a solution to a problem that I didn't know the company standard operation procedure for (but I was sure existed).   Answer Question

Resident Director (Dushanbe, Tajikistan) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Councils for International Education.

I submitted an application and was contacted for an interview the following day. There were two rounds of interviews- one with pretty standard questions about my background and suitability for the position, and the second conducted partly in Farsi/Tajik to test my language ability. I heard back from them pretty soon afterward. The interview process was pretty straightforward and quite pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • How I would support female students dealing with radically different perceptions of gender roles in Tajikistan.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate; I found the contract salary attractive

Coordinator Interview

The phone interview lasted for 1 hour and they also had reference check.

FLEX Program Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at American Councils for International Education.

The application process was very abnormal from the start. They require a cover letter, then ask you to essentially repeat the cover letter with significant essays then to top it off as for your social security number at the time of application. The interview was uncomfortable to say the least; they asked many very personal questions and were very unaccommodating with using references based overseas.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected - they asked extremely personal details relating to a small gap in employment.   Answer Question

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I submitted by application, they replied a few weeks later and invited me to come in to interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember specific questions, but remember feeling like some of them were vague. Like, tell me about a time when you were a liaison between disparate parts... what? Some of their questions could have used some fine-tuning.   Answer Question

FLEX Alumni Coordinator Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Councils for International Education in September 2007.

A rather simple application that included some questions and also one or two essays. Then a phone interview where questions were asked like "How have you contributed to Future Leaders Exchange?" etc. If you have a strong desire to work, they will hire you even if you don’t have relevant experience yet.

No negotiations.