American Eagle Outfitters

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially really impressed with the company during the first round. The final round was a lot more shady. It seemed as if right off the bat the HR people had favorites and if you weren't one of them, it felt as if you were literally wasting your time. They spent a lot of time badmouthing Abercrombie and trying to convince everyone how great Pittsburgh is. It was also a little bit too casual almost bordering on unprofessional. Unlike the first round where they prepared us well for what to expect, the final round seemed like more a gotcha game with surprise challenges. It felt like America's Next Top Model and not in a good way. It seemed like the chosen few were already hired and pretty much just had to show up. Everyone else was basically a seat filler. Overall, I feel like they hired people who are a lot like the people who already work there.

Interview Question – Why AE?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in August 2010.

Interview Details – The people are really nice and kind. They take every effort to meet with you. However, be prepared to make adjustments as they were constantly rescheduling me for my second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses and how are your working to better that weakness?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you went out of your way to help someone and why you did it?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview was basic from a HR standpoint and then the interview process included multiple 1 on 1 interviews. If passed, a super day was scheduled with all canddiates at their headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA. The 3 day process included presentations, challenges, and group interviews.

Interview Question – What is the one item the retail store is lacking for men and women?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – salary was not competitive

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!