American Eagle Outfitters Assistant Buyer Training Program Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Assistant Buyer Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2012.

A long, three month process. This began with an awkward video-recorded interview where you basically record yourself answering 7 pre-formatted questions then send it back to AE for review. Two weeks later, I had a 30 minute phone interview with a Buyer at Aerie that was focused on their current store assortments, the latest fashion trends, and their competition. Next, a 30 minute timed retail math test consisting of 20 questions and a personality test. After that, they flew me into Pittsburgh for a huge 2-day interview event with 40 other students. The 2-day event consisted of 2 45 minute interviews with top buyers, a panel discussion, a 2-hour wine mixer, and a group trend project and presentation in front of 30 executives. Maybe it was just me, but the entire process seemed to center around them trying to talk everyone into loving Pittsburgh and the laid back AE culture. Very sorority-type, and everyone working there is young,young,young. Not incredibly professional.

Interview Questions
  • What teen idols do you think our customer looks to for fashion inspiration?   View Answer

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!