American Eagle Outfitters Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.1

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Akron, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

My interview took place in store with the store manager and the district manager on a Thursday. I first had to fill out a paper application, while they reviewed my resume. They asked for specific examples on how my prior mangement experience would benefit the company and what I could offer/bring to the table for the store. Although I was asked some pretty tough to answer managing questions It was a very comfortable, more relaxed interview where it felt as though I was just talkin to friends. After my interview they had me take a type of personality survey. Basically just had to select adjectives inwhich would describe myself. They use that to show what kind of worker you are and how you'd fit in with their current team. After filling out the form for my background the interview process was over. I got a call the following Monday offering me the position!

Interview Questions

• Tell me how I would know you are successful at your current managing position if I walked into your place of employment today?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (San Marcos, TX).

Interview

turn in your application. follow up with it and yo ll get interview day. just be yourself and make sure your interviewer knows your abilities and what you can do for her/him.

Interview Questions

• there was not any hard or unexpected question. just use your common sense. if you were the owner of the AE, what would you do improve the company?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I got hired on the spot after a couple of questions. I learned a lot about what the company was and who they were about. I also got a lot of insight onto what my specific jobs would be and what I would be responsible for.

Interview Questions

• What type of animal would you be and why?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Tannersville, PA).

Interview

Filled out an application and brought my resume to the store.
    Interviewed on the spot and was asked to attend the training

Interview Questions

• Do you love retail?
      (can be hard to answer if you really didn't expect it)

Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up good time for a phone interview. I was then set up for a time to meet the DM for the store I would be going to. We had a very casual conversation for about 30 minutes. I heard back from them with an offer within about a week.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted to leave the complany I was with and why I wanted to come to American Eagle.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Rochester, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted within one week of initially applying by district manager for opportunity in a *soon to open* factory store. There was no Store Manager, or I could have been contacted by them first. Doubtful though, even after hiring, most initial outreach was done by DM and not SM. They were quick about interviewing, and told you they had plenty of candidates. The interview will be very much like a conversation, and not much at all like a formal interview. Dress as if you're working at American Eagle. They're a denim company, and preach that over and over. Nice denim, and a button down, more than acceptable for any store level position in terms of attire. They will ask you a lot more about people, and a lot less about your actual work qualities or experience, outside of the usual "what would you do in this situation/that situation" type questions.

Interview Questions

• How strongly do you feel about your business acumen?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They had one number, and could afford one number.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Auburn Hills, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

I was just hired because they needed to fill a spot, I never got any additional training and I had asked numerous times. I wanted to feel like I was part of a company that invested in their people but I was so excited to even work for AE I thought it would happen eventually. Unfortunately I was there for 1.5years and decided that I was never going to get the training and I deserved better than that.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Akron, OH) in July 2011.

Interview

Met in hallway at the mall. Had a casual conversation with store manager. I went great.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk negatively about my former employer. Hard to handle the question without sounding too negative.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Greenwood, IN) in December 2010.

Interview

First the district manager or another store manager will call and set up a one on one interview with you. Assuming they like you, they will then email you a link to take a survey where you select from a list of words that you feel describe yourself. This test in turn rates your personality and work ethic. You will also take a test consisting of questions pertaining to drug use and loss prevention. Assuming these results are positive, the district manager will then call and make you an offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Clarksville, TN) in November 2009.

Interview

It was a very casual interview, there in the store. I sat on the couch with the District Manager. She was very friendly! She asked me about my work history and my goals for my future in retail. We talked about organization skills, people skills, and building a team of great employees. All in all, it was very relaxed and very real.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I knew the volume that this store did as compared to where I was coming from. I did my homework on the company. (knew the stock-the merchandise-the sister stores). It helps to be informed! Go online, it's all public information.