American Eagle Outfitters Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.0

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

There is a few round interview. You interview with the store manager and if you pass that interview you move on to the district manaager. After the district manager you phone interview with the regional.

Interview Questions
  • Our conversation talked about conversion. At that point in my retail career I hadnt dealt with traffic or conversion. It was clearly stated to me and then I understood.   View Answer
We are offering you a postion at such and such an hr would you like to accept?

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

I applied on the American Eagle website. I got a call back about 4 days later. I was a year out of college at this point so it was great timing. I had applied for a position at a certain location, went to that location for the interview, and was met by a store manager of a different location. She insisted she liked me so much that I go with her to her location (double the distance, less pay) instead. Liking my interviewer so much I took the chance. Anyways, the interview took place right outside of the store. The questions were great, having delivered them myself after being hired I would know. They go into detail about past jobs, pluses and minuses about yourself, if you are good in front of a crowd/public speaking, personal hobbies, etc. Its very in depth but very conversational too, which is nice!

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever brought an idea to the table for a team project? I think it asked what the outcome was too.   Answer Question
    I got asked what I was looking for, I told her, and I got it. The hiring manager at the time was the best woman ever, she paid good talent well. i also didn't need much back then

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Only went on two interviews, one with the district manager and then one with the store manager of the store they wanted to place me in. Looking for someone wearing and representing the American Eagle brand by even wearing casual laid back clothes to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • how do you keep up with your fashion trends?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in August 2013.

In the beginning the was a lot of phone tag, the person scheduled to give my interview rescheduled a few times. We were able to connect and had a phone interview. The questions were not out of the ordinary. 'Where do you get your style from?" There were also some scenario questions, "what would you do if...?".

Interview Questions
    • The interview flowed naturally, there wasn't any questions that stand out as difficult.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, I was satisfied with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in March 2012.

One interview with the District Manager...very open and honest conversation.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2011.

Easy and quick turn around once interview was completed. Did a phone interview with the recruiter and followed up with a 1:! interview with the district manager which was followed up with and interview with the store manager

Interview Questions
    • None really. Very straight forward. Industry standard questions   Answer Question
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in June 2010.

Through networking, I was able to set up an initial interview with the DM for an interview. We were doing things backwards according to her as she usually is the last interview and my interview with a store mgr wasn't until the following week. I had to take an online personality survey after she sent me the link and after I had filled out the app. During the course of the interview we discussed her expectations, methods of development, and company values and work culture which aligned well with my previous employer. The only sticking point I had was that she brings all external candidates at the assistant store manager level without exception. While there may be some validity to the point of a learning curve, there should also be an individual's background and experience taken into account as well. Very team-oriented, customer-oriented and driven to be the best business owners mentality in each of their stores, so good learning opportunity for someone new(er) to management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in March 2010.

I was recruited by the DM to come in for an interview. The paperwork process seemed quite lengthy, it took a few weeks, but the interview was brief. The interview itself took about 45 minutes and was basic experience, situation, behavior, and outcome themed questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your performance was below expectations.   Answer Question
    Stated that I had to make what I was currently making if not better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2009.

The process is fairly easy, questions are basic and easy to answer. It is important to show a positive personality, because it is something that recruiters look for. Make sure to dress casually for the 2nd and 3rd interviews, style is important. Look like you belong there. "Live your life, love your job" is more than just a slogan at AE, be yourself and have fun.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. When I arrived to the job offer meeting, the job offer letter was already printed and signed, and it included the proposed salary, so it's take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in August 2009.

The interview was very informal. I had 1 in person interview and was offered a job within a week.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate anything. I was told that I was being brought in at the highest rate for my position.