American Eagle Outfitters

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in June 2012.

Interview Details – It was not so much an interview as them simply talking to me and making a decision on whether or not I would be a good fit. It was one-on-one in the middle of the store which was nice, but still awkward. They offered me the job and told me the hourly rate on the spot and asked when I could start. Most retail stores work this way, so I wasn't surprised.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was a part-time retail position.

Indianapolis, IN

The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in August 2010.

Interview Details – They had several kids come to the group interview and they told all of us we were supposed to run around and find an outfit in the store, and take it into the fitting room and try it on. Once you tried it on, you explained to everyone else why you picked out the items of clothing that you did. That was the entire interview. They called a week later to say that they were offering a job (minimum wage)

Interview Question – They only asked one question. Why did we pick out that particular outfit.   View Answer

Associate

The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was in a room with at least 16 people and the hiring manager asked us a few questions, then the applicants started to ask the hiring managers question about the jobs. when i first got hired i thought the questions were a bit silly, like if you could be an animal what would you be and why? like really? how does that help. But as time gone by the hr management team got so much better.

Interview Question – What animal would you be and why?   Answer Question

Laval, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in July 2009.

Interview Details – i talk to her she talk to me you had a conversation and you have fun to getter it was very nice and kind

Interview Question – how are you   View Answer

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!