American Eagle Outfitters Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

1.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Wellington, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was asked to come in and fill out a personality survey. Then the hiring manager took me to the back and asked me typical questions and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Rochester, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

I was shopping at the store and asked if they were hiring (since I needed a summer job), and they were very excited about me asking. I filled out the job application and then they had me come to one of the registers to fill out a personality questionnaire (for example, click on all that apply to you: nice, flexible, positive, etc.). Then they asked me when I could come in for a one on one interview. A few days later I had my interview; it was very relaxed, easy, then they offered me a position right away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

It was not so much an interview as them simply talking to me and making a decision on whether or not I would be a good fit. It was one-on-one in the middle of the store which was nice, but still awkward. They offered me the job and told me the hourly rate on the spot and asked when I could start. Most retail stores work this way, so I wasn't surprised.

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was a part-time retail position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Medford, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

It was a group interview that was outside by the parking lot, so there were tons of distractions and some pressure to answer questions faster than anyone else. There were about 5 other people in the group. We were all dressed casually but with closed-toe shoes, no cleavage, etc. It was a pretty equal mix of girls and guys. She wrote our names down if she liked our answers, then read them off at the end. If you didn't get called, you didn't get hired.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a piece of clothing you're wearing.   1 Answer
    • Why do you think we're having this interview outside?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2010.

Interview

They had several kids come to the group interview and they told all of us we were supposed to run around and find an outfit in the store, and take it into the fitting room and try it on. Once you tried it on, you explained to everyone else why you picked out the items of clothing that you did. That was the entire interview. They called a week later to say that they were offering a job (minimum wage)

Interview Questions

• They only asked one question. Why did we pick out that particular outfit.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in April 2010.

Interview

I was in a room with at least 16 people and the hiring manager asked us a few questions, then the applicants started to ask the hiring managers question about the jobs. when i first got hired i thought the questions were a bit silly, like if you could be an animal what would you be and why? like really? how does that help. But as time gone by the hr management team got so much better.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laval, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Laval, QC (Canada)) in July 2009.

Interview

i talk to her she talk to me you had a conversation and you have fun to getter it was very nice and kind