American Eagle Outfitters

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Providence, RI

Interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters

Interview Details – Went in person to get application, they gave me a mini interview right there. Then I got called a few days later for an official interview. They got back to me a few days later telling me I got the job.

Interview Question – Describe a tough situation with a customer you have previously had   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Oak Lawn, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in June 2011.

Interview Details – When I first approached the manager for an application, she was very judgmental and I could tell she really didn't want to even give me an application. When I was called back for an interview, I was put in a group with some of my friends who had also applied. When she asked us questions, she always pointed out negatuve things we were saying. I'm assuming she did this only because of a certain "look
 American Eagle wants from its employees.

Interview Question – Do you have enough money to wear the clothes that we sale? You must wear them when you work.   Answer Question

Melbourne, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was first approached at my other previous workplace on considering switching over to them. They were very interested in me, and I was glad to accept their offer because of their better pay and discounts for employees. I went in for an interview and they asked me about myself, where I saw myself in the company in the future, and if I had any challeneges in the workplace or in my personal life what they were and how I dealt with them. The interview process took about 15-20 mintues, and they said they would call me and keep in touch. My recommendation is for you to call them about a week after the initial interview. They appreciate this, but do it when business is slow and they don't have a lot of customers in. Having the one on one interview was very nice, and the people there are friendly and hard workers. They offer great benefits, and always have incentives for those who go the extra mile.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging thing you have faced in the workplace or in your personal life and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When told what I was going to get paid, they did ask me if this was okay. If I were you I would expect anywhere between 7.50-9.50 an hour depending on youe expereince and location.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cashier

The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in June 2011.

Interview Details – Very short interview. I was asked about fashion trends and why I picked AE. Seemed very busy. My completely focused on the interview. Everything was ready for when I arrived. The manager had my application, paper, and a sheet with questions. I hate having to wait 20 minutes past my interview time. I also too a personality test.

Interview Question – What influences your personal fashion?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – hours

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in August 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview in back of store
everyone went around and answered the same question (I went first for all of them)
they told us they'd call our references then give us a call in the morning
got called back in the morning to set up an orientation

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – there was none. minimum wage

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Eagle Outfitters

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Eagle Outfitters Cashier interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Eagle Outfitters employees and interview candidates.