American Eagle Outfitters Cashier Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Providence, RI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Went in person to get application, they gave me a mini interview right there. Then I got called a few days later for an official interview. They got back to me a few days later telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a tough situation with a customer you have previously had   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oak Lawn, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Lawn, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in June 2011.

When I first approached the manager for an application, she was very judgmental and I could tell she really didn't want to even give me an application. When I was called back for an interview, I was put in a group with some of my friends who had also applied. When she asked us questions, she always pointed out negatuve things we were saying. I'm assuming she did this only because of a certain "look
     American Eagle wants from its employees.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have enough money to wear the clothes that we sale? You must wear them when you work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in May 2010.

I was first approached at my other previous workplace on considering switching over to them. They were very interested in me, and I was glad to accept their offer because of their better pay and discounts for employees. I went in for an interview and they asked me about myself, where I saw myself in the company in the future, and if I had any challeneges in the workplace or in my personal life what they were and how I dealt with them. The interview process took about 15-20 mintues, and they said they would call me and keep in touch. My recommendation is for you to call them about a week after the initial interview. They appreciate this, but do it when business is slow and they don't have a lot of customers in. Having the one on one interview was very nice, and the people there are friendly and hard workers. They offer great benefits, and always have incentives for those who go the extra mile.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging thing you have faced in the workplace or in your personal life and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    When told what I was going to get paid, they did ask me if this was okay. If I were you I would expect anywhere between 7.50-9.50 an hour depending on youe expereince and location.

Cashier Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in June 2011.

Very short interview. I was asked about fashion trends and why I picked AE. Seemed very busy. My completely focused on the interview. Everything was ready for when I arrived. The manager had my application, paper, and a sheet with questions. I hate having to wait 20 minutes past my interview time. I also too a personality test.

hours

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in August 2010.

Group interview in back of store
    everyone went around and answered the same question (I went first for all of them)
    they told us they'd call our references then give us a call in the morning
    got called back in the morning to set up an orientation

Interview Questions
    there was none. minimum wage

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!