American Eagle Outfitters

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Floor Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2011.

When I first walked into the store the management was very open and kind when they gave me an application form. They were prompt in getting into communication with me. They called me the day after to set up an interview. I interviewed twice and both times the interviewer asked fair questions and was willing to answer all my questions.

Interview Questions
  • Most unexpected question was that they asked me if I had altercations with people frequently.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Floor Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2010.

Merely walked into the store and requested an application form from the check-out counter. Person working looked at me funny and brought me the store manager who then set me up with an appointment for a group interview later that week. During the group interview we were asked questions such as what our views of clothing were, our perception of fashion, and how we could be welcoming to customers. A lot of the other interviewees had opinions congruent with that of each other, where as I was the only one who took a risk to stand out. After the interview we were told that we would receive a call regarding our application/employment within the next two to three days. No call was received, so I called the store to follow up and was told that the manager would call me back, but still no call was received.

The entire time I felt as if I were singled out for not fitting into the certain mold that AE seemed to be looking for. Workers also seemed condescending when I called to follow up, and reluctant to humor me. Overall not a great experience for me.

Interview Questions