American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.1

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week and a half later and set up an interview. I went to the store and was asked to fill out a paper application and take a personality test. Then we walked to the food court and I got started the interview. The manager was so nice. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was offered $8.75 an hour.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Quick and simple, one time in person interview. Interviewed with three other people, and we either went down the line to answer or just jumped in when we had an answer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where conflict arose. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Taylor, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied in person. I called on my application almost a week later and got scheduled for an interview. It was a short interview and I was hired on the spot. Afterwards I was asked to take a personality survey and the results will be given to me at orientation.

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (San Angelo, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I went in for my interview and they told me it was going to be a group interview. The manager pulled the four of us into one of the corners in the store and asked us general questions and then about our school/other work schedules. After the interview he gave us all the job and gave us times to come in for orientation and training.

Node Js Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a quick process once they finally got a hold of me. It took them two weeks to reach out then a week to schedule a phone screen and another week for an onsite. The had no interest in soft skills or team dynamics. They cut to the chase quick, 'can you do this job or not?'. This was the case for both the technical phone screen and onsite.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about detecting a memory leak server side? Explain how garbage collection works. What tech do you use to monitor systems on the server? How do you scale up a Node server once you hit maximum traffic? Onsite: They gave me a sheet with three functions on it and asked which one's would open a memory leak. They asked to architect a predictive typing function that recommended words as you typed in a search box. I had to keep in mind both time and space complexity. They also asked me what was new in ECMA6.   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

We did a group interview with an assistant manager. We were asked questions altogether and then had one on one interviews. You'll be asked questions about how you view the brand as well as your personal style. Also expect typical retail questions like how to handle a difficult customer. It was very casual and relaxing as well as informative.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I applied in store then a few days later got a call back. I was interviewed right at the cash register. It was very weird to be interviewed while customers were shopping but it was my first job so I went with it. I was hired right on the spot. A few days after that I was employed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

One on one with manager. Interview lasted about 30 minutes and it was mainly general questions nothing out of ordinary. Since its American Eagle they did ask about fashion & how I would describe mine.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sense of fashion and where your inspiration comes from   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I applied in store. Few days later recieved a call for a 1:1 interview. Got called back to schedule orientation. It was pretty easy and simple. Interview questions were common sense questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your style? What did you do in your last job that you can bring to this store?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I was walking around the mall and I thought I'd ask if AE was hiring. So I walked in and asked the cashier if they were hiring and he told me that they're always taking applications; he gave me one and advised me to talk to the manager when I return the application. It's my luck that the manager was working at the time so I went ahead and introduced myself. She asked me my availability and asked me to do this survey. After that she scheduled me an interview.