American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

2.2

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

It was a group interview. Asked is to do a mock sales with customer. Asked about our lives - hobbies, etc. the one thing I found to be weird was that their were other applicants for the job at the interview. Basically they wanted to see how you interacted with people. Don't interrupt anyone, be polite, and dress at least in khakis, nice top or a casual appropriate dress. The other kids wore jeans with holes in them and t shirts to a job interview. None of them were hired.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

It was a group interview. The hiring manager focused on one person more than the other.Strict rules on how to dress. The wait for the interview took longer then it should be. The hiring manager was very nice though. You must shop there and be a loyal customer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

I applied to American Eagle as a part-time sales associate in October and about 2 weeks later I got a call for an interview. I sat down in the corner of the store with a manager and after a few questions he told me I was hired. However, he told me I would be a seasonal employee because I did not have any previous experience in retail, but if they liked me, they would offer me a part-time position. I was thrilled to even be offered a seasonal position. He told me that my first day would be Black Friday, which I did not have a problem with. After my first shift, I asked how I would find out my hours every week. They told me to call every week and they would tell me when I was scheduled. For about 2 weeks I called and I was not put on the schedule. The 3rd week I called, they had told me that they never meant to hire me as a seasonal employee. They just wanted me to work on Black Friday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in February 2015.

I applied in stores and the process took about two weeks. It was a one on one interview in the mall. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. I was asked very basic retail questions and then in return I got to ask questions. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and I was told I got the job right after.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to present yourself in front of a large group or audience.
      What extracurricular activities do you do outside of work and school?

Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in February 2015.

My interview took place in store with the store manager and the district manager on a Thursday. I first had to fill out a paper application, while they reviewed my resume. They asked for specific examples on how my prior mangement experience would benefit the company and what I could offer/bring to the table for the store. Although I was asked some pretty tough to answer managing questions It was a very comfortable, more relaxed interview where it felt as though I was just talkin to friends. After my interview they had me take a type of personality survey. Basically just had to select adjectives inwhich would describe myself. They use that to show what kind of worker you are and how you'd fit in with their current team. After filling out the form for my background the interview process was over. I got a call the following Monday offering me the position!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how I would know you are successful at your current managing position if I walked into your place of employment today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in February 2015.

I gave in my resume in person , the manager looked at it and said to call back in two weeks. They actually called the n3xt day. It was a group interview with 6 people and there were 6 managers.The interview went good. Just be confident

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in February 2015.

First the recruiter contacts you by email and sets up a phone interview. Then you have the phone interview with the recruiter and they ask relatively basic questions and tell you about the company and its benefits. Then you go to face-to-face interviews with department managers.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Process was fairly easy. After handing in my application, I was asked to go to the computer and complete a survey that basically analyzes your work style and ethics. Then, a group interview was conducted with basic questions like "How would you describe your personal style?" and "What experience do you have working with others?". Just relax, act cool, and dress trendy.

none

Model Interview

I applied online through a computer they had in store. When I arrived at the interview, (it was a group interview), there were 4 other interwiewees and one interviewer. The questions where what you would expect; "Tell me about a time where you had to make a quick decision and show leadership." and "What do you think of when you think about the American Eagle brand?"

Interview Questions
    • What comes to mind when you think of the American Eagle brand?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I met w/ the district manager. Overall the interview was very lighthearted. She asked me to tell her about my experience and then talked to me a little bit about how they needed help to "turn the store around". Then she asked my salary expectations. I got hired pretty much the next day.