American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Walked in and asked for an application and talked to the hiring manager for awhile.. Filled it out and brung it back got scheduled for an interview the next day. Came in talked to the manager for my interview and took an personality test and left. Got a call back for another interview a few weeks later ( i forgot to add my phone number in the first time.) got interviewed and hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of great customer service   1 Answer
    • Do you think customers are always right ?   2 Answers
    • Why do you think you will be an great person for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I had experience in clothing retail .. My pay was negotiable.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Meet with the DM and talk about previous work. They like to hear about your personal progress as an individual and where you see yourself going in the future. They will also have you take an OAD

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

American Eagle had a very casual, easy interview process with a fast turnaround. I was just interviewed at my local mall by a manager, asked basic fit questions and the whole thing ended very quickly. Heard back very quickly from the same manager and accepted my offer. American Eagle understands that people turnover quickly since it's driven by part time retail works. The interview process overall was very manageable and not high pressure

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Camp Hill, PA).

Interview

Varies from person to person. My interview was unofficial while dropping off my application. But they often do one on one interview or group interviews depending on the hiring needs.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable talking to people? How do you feel about shoplifting? Where do you get your style from?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

It was fairly easy and not very formal. She asked me a couple questions about my availability and past experience. She asked me about a time I went above and beyond for a customer and why I wanted the job. It happened in a room where other people were also being interviewed. The interview took less than twenty minutes and we had a couple of laughs.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Group interview, then two months later brought in for a one-on-one interview. Had already started applying and interviewing for other jobs. The group interview was in a food court and very loud, and the one-on-one interview was very unprofessional. The manager made me wait for 20 minutes before interviewing (past the time agreed upon) and made me feel slightly uncomfortable by condescending to me.

Interview Questions

• How much experience did I have in the role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation phase--managers were unwavering.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Got there, and there were about 5 people in front of me. Each interview was about 7 minutes long. Once it was my turn, I was brought into the backroom and had a one-on-one interview with the manager. She read off a list of questions. It was my first interview, so I didn't expect much. My interview also lasted about 7 minutes, so I think the people before me also didn't receive the job. Considering that I didn't make a lasting impression, I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had multiple tasks to complete, and how did you complete them?   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

You have to put together an outfit based off of items in the store... make sure you pick at least 3 things. 5 is probably best. Check for obvious things when you are working in a retail store, ie previous experience, cashier (though their register system is really easy), that you like and wear the clothes. They may give you a brief run down on the jeans and quiz you - back to school and denim is a big thing

Interview Questions

• Put together on outfit, previous sales experience, availability, check to make sure you're a "people" person/comfortable with sales   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied in person with a copy of my resume. Was called 2 days later. Scheduled for an interview the following week. Had a group interview to begin with. Was relatively simple. Most of the group was sent away except for me and another guy. We filled out papers and were given a one on one with a floor manager. They seemed to like and called back 20 minutes later to tell me I got the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newington, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Newington, NH) in August 2015.

Interview

I got a call and had the job right from there. They told me they were going to make me an appointment to come in and take a survey to see where I would be best placed within the store. I went to the store when they told me to and filled out a few informational papers and then took the survey. Process took about 2 hours and I was paid for it. Very uncomplicated and easy process, couldn't of gone better.