American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

2.2

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in April 2014.

I went in & asked if they were applying and luckily the hiring manager was there.
    She gave me an application and asked if I've ever worked in retail. I told her that I worked in a portrait studio which was close by and she offered to give me an interview after I finish my application. Questions that she asked me only determined my confidence level and played a role as if I was trying to sale her something as if she was a customer.

The interview was right at the register and it took literally two minutes. Afterwards, she told me to take a personality test that determines how I am at work as well as outside of work & all the information determines a position that is offered because of your personality. Luckily, my results came up as Sales Associate and she told me that that is exactly what they needed. She asked me if I wanted the job & I said yes. The ironic thing about was that orientation was an hour after I was offered.

It's an okay job to work at --

No background check was needed nor a drug test

Worked for 5 months and decided to quit. Clothing retail wasn't absolutely for me, but a great benefit was the discount of clothes. That's about it.

Interview Questions
    • everything that was asked was based about your personality -- i don't really remember. it's easy!   Answer Question

Assistant Designer Interview

I met HR Rep. Loved me. I met with design team. Liked me. Was charged with designing a full collection. I did. I came back and presented. Never heard from them again. I assume I didn't get the job. HR Rep stopped returning my emails.

Interview Questions
    • Design a collection based on current trends and inspiration from current collection. What would I do different?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Poughkeepsie, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2012.

I went to the store to fill out the job application and then like a week or so later I got a phone call asking me to setup a interview with them and so I did and when I got there for my interview I was already running a few minutes late but I did call them ahead of time and they seemed understand and once I got there they had already started the group interview and my interview was done right in front of the store in the middle of the mall

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2013.

I'd turned in applications every three months over the past year. Never heard anything. Finally spoke with someone at another store who was shocked I hadn't even been interviewed. She told me she would hire me on the spot but I was from out of town so I had to decline but was very grateful for the offer. Got her to reference me at the store in my town and that landed me an interview. It was a group interview which I knew I was probably not going to be that good at. I connect better on 1:1 situations. Never heard anything after that. I was extremely disappointed because I really really really wanted to work there.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

The interview I experienced with American Eagle was a group interview in which there was a total of four of us. The manager interviewed me within an hour of asking for an application so it was very casual. She asked us questions and did not care who went first or anything like that and at the end o the interview she provided us with details about American Eagle employment like the different opportunities (denim expert or aerie girl), dress code (which is very lax) and hours and benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in July 2014.

The hiring process was easy. I went in for an application, filled it out in the store, and was given an interview the next day. The interview was easy, asked if I was bilingual, asked me how to sell a credit card.

The job is at one of the busiest malls in Las Vegas. We have lots of tourists. They are big on selling the Loyalty rewards and their Credit cards. Goal is to get one credit card per shift per employee. I got three credit cards on one shift, but a few days later, I was told I don't work hard enough to get the Credit Cards and my hours were cut by half. The store manager is not easy to talk to, they belittle and berate you if you get the slightest bit of confidence.
    Just work hard every shift to get the cards and rewards.

One thing that is hard to work with is the Call in Schedule. You're scheduled shift is 3:00 p.m to 5:30 p.m. but your call in schedule is 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. meaning you have to call in at 1:00 p.m. to find out if they need you or not.
    Days off, you may not even be scheduled, but you will have a Call-In schedule for that day. So, you're basically setting up your day as if you're working, but they may not even need you at all. Read the fine print before you sign this page, they make you sign it before explaining.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were hard.
      If this were your store, how would you sell me a credit card?
        View Answer
    Pay is 8.75 and non negotiable. No raise either for Jean Experts or Stylists.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in June 2013.

All you need to do is show up when they ask you too and be dressed in a clean laid back style. be excited and outgoing. Make sure you get an answer by the end of the week. And do not call a million times if you did not get a phone call back. You didnt get hired dont embarrass yourself.

Interview Questions
    • the managers might be a little harsh or busy and might not pay attention as much.   Answer Question
    Nothing really. You start as base wage in your area and work your way up.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in July 2010.

Why do you want to work here?
    Are you into fashion?
    How would you style me for work?
    What was the last item you purchased from here?
    IF a customer is upset with size what do you do?

Assistant Buyer Interview

There were a lot of interviews in a short period of time. The final interview event was in Pittsburgh at the home offices. The final interviews lasted 2 days and were a mixture of presentations, in depth interviews, and social experiences to gauge one's personality.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in January 2011.

I was finished with my masters degree and I needed a job. I dropped off my resume to the manager and she was a little awestruck at my educational background and work experience. She even said that I was so overqualified for this position. I told her that I really needed a job. She shook her head and said she would get back to me. I left and received a call ten minutes later from the hiring manager. She asked if I could come in now for an interview. I came back and met her outside.
    The entire conversation was quite easy and we talked about my going to graduate school in Michigan. She asked me if this was a goto job until I received a better offer. She told me three times that I was so overqualified. The entire interview lasted about a hour.
    The next day I was called for a second interview with the sales manager and store director. They asked me typical interview questions. That interview took close to forty minutes. I shook their hands and left. I got a call back in five minutes with a job offer. Even though I work for a communications company now, I still work holidays for this company.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about American Eagle? Do you think store expansion is important? How would you explain the history of the company to a customer? What is aerie? As a man I thought the last question was a little awkward. How would you rate us to our competitors and what are the differences you have seen?   Answer Question

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!