American Eagle Outfitters

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Process was fairly easy. After handing in my application, I was asked to go to the computer and complete a survey that basically analyzes your work style and ethics. Then, a group interview was conducted with basic questions like "How would you describe your personal style?" and "What experience do you have working with others?". Just relax, act cool, and dress trendy.

none

Model Interview

I applied online through a computer they had in store. When I arrived at the interview, (it was a group interview), there were 4 other interwiewees and one interviewer. The questions where what you would expect; "Tell me about a time where you had to make a quick decision and show leadership." and "What do you think of when you think about the American Eagle brand?"

Interview Questions
    • What comes to mind when you think of the American Eagle brand?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Seemed like a great company. The interview went really well and I felt like I was given a great amount of time to sell myself and I learned a lot about the company.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I met w/ the district manager. Overall the interview was very lighthearted. She asked me to tell her about my experience and then talked to me a little bit about how they needed help to "turn the store around". Then she asked my salary expectations. I got hired pretty much the next day.

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Was very pleasant, the recruiters get back to you in a timely manner. The longest part is waiting in between interviews, however I felt very confident through the whole process.

Very smooth

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Was called to schedule for an interview a few days after turning in my application in store. Had a group interview later that weekend. The interview/hiring process was fairly quick.

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

very unprofessional company, I realized I might not want to work there. The guy that called was not even the hiring manager, so why did he even call. I missed his call, then I called him back, he then told me to call the company hotline. I was slightly confused, I knew at that moment the interview process might take longer. I have yet to receive a call back from the manager or HR people.

Interview Questions
    • HR did not get back to me, after several attempt to speak to the manager. Very unprofessional.   View Answer

Floor Set/Sales Associate Interview

Literally just walked into the store and asked if they were hiring, the assistant manger asked me if I was interested I said yes then he just made me fill out one of those agree/disagree test on an Ipad. Took maybe 15 minutes to fill it out and I was hired. A couple days later filled out all the paperwork and began orientation. Very easy going process, all the managers were extremely nice and outgoing.

Interview Questions
    • There were none, Interview was short and to the point.   Answer Question
    It's a good job, you get to work with fun, outgoing people.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Very simple and straightforward. Typical interview questions asked. Focused on previous management experience. Be prepared to interview with store manager and district manager. Be prepared to speak about past experiences to show leadership skills.

DM asked for a recent paystub from current employer to verify income. The company is very salary conscious, tries to get each manager at the minimum amount they will take.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

I had applied three times to the same store. The third time I handed the application to the manager and had an on-the-spot interview, and was asked to come back the two days later for a formal interview. After two days She called me back and offered me the job.