American Eagle Outfitters Part-Time Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

1.8

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

You have to put together an outfit based off of items in the store... make sure you pick at least 3 things. 5 is probably best. Check for obvious things when you are working in a retail store, ie previous experience, cashier (though their register system is really easy), that you like and wear the clothes. They may give you a brief run down on the jeans and quiz you - back to school and denim is a big thing

Interview Questions

• Put together on outfit, previous sales experience, availability, check to make sure you're a "people" person/comfortable with sales   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

We did a group interview with an assistant manager. We were asked questions altogether and then had one on one interviews. You'll be asked questions about how you view the brand as well as your personal style. Also expect typical retail questions like how to handle a difficult customer. It was very casual and relaxing as well as informative.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Bethesda, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I was very nervous for my interview, but the hiring manager was supper friendly. He got to know me little first before interviewing me. It was a friend like conversation at first which eased my nerves. Then he began to ask me some retail related questions. After it was all done, I had to go back behind the register and take a personality test. All in all, it was better than what I expected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at American Eagle?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Houma, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was easy and a good time. Manager talked about his experience in coming to the company. He didn't sugar coat any part of the job, so you know for the most part what you're getting into.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2014.

Interview

I had asked for an application the day before the interview and when I came to turn it in they told me to bring it back the next day--so I did. When I turned it in my interviewer interviewed me right on the spot and right after the interview she offered me a job with them. The interview was fast, to the point, and comfortable--it also helped that my interviewer was incredibly friendly and welcoming.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Lombard, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Relaxed, basic. Sat on the couch and felt comfortable talking to the manger. Basically asked why I want to work there. How I can help and if I can work overnight once a month. Great experience. I have orientation this week. Bad part was it took them a bit to get back to me after I turned application in.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your inspiration for your style?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2014.

Interview

I came in around 12:30 PM for an application. After I handed in my application at 1PM, an assistant manager told me that the hiring manager does not come until 2PM and said that she'll give me a call later. I was assuming she would call me that day. She didn't and I was worried so I called the next day around 11AM to see if they looked at my application. Another assistant manager picked up the phone and told me to come in for an interview that day at 4PM. Usually I take a day to prep up for interviews like this but after going in and was finally interviewed, it was at all bad. The store I applied for was a factory store (like at an outlet mall), so I didn't really have a group interview as I was anticipated for. It was a 1 on 1 with 2 different assistant managers. The one that told me to come in at 4 interviewed me first and mainly just asked me about my schedule and school so I could work around it. The 2nd assistant manager actually asked me questions that you would expect to be asked at any interview. After being interviewed, I took a personality test on the register (don't worry about it too much). After they looked at the results, I was offered a position!

Interview Questions

• When were there a time when a customer had a problem with something?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I've look around on sites like Yahoo answers. Most said minimum wage. Minimum wage in Oklahoma is $7.25/hr and I was offered a position at $8/hr. I was happy with $8 so I didn't really try to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

I went in & asked if they were applying and luckily the hiring manager was there. She gave me an application and asked if I've ever worked in retail. I told her that I worked in a portrait studio which was close by and she offered to give me an interview after I finish my application. Questions that she asked me only determined my confidence level and played a role as if I was trying to sale her something as if she was a customer. The interview was right at the register and it took literally two minutes. Afterwards, she told me to take a personality test that determines how I am at work as well as outside of work & all the information determines a position that is offered because of your personality. Luckily, my results came up as Sales Associate and she told me that that is exactly what they needed. She asked me if I wanted the job & I said yes. The ironic thing about was that orientation was an hour after I was offered. It's an okay job to work at -- No background check was needed nor a drug test Worked for 5 months and decided to quit. Clothing retail wasn't absolutely for me, but a great benefit was the discount of clothes. That's about it.

Interview Questions

• everything that was asked was based about your personality -- i don't really remember. it's easy!   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in February 2014.

Interview

I only had one interview with the store manager.. The questions were about your experience, education and the most important if you have customer service skills. I had to answer questions like what do you deal with customers? What do you think about customer services? and what is your availability for work?

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring was very fast and the interview was actually very easy. This was my first and last retail job though so I can't compare it to anything else.