American Eagle Outfitters

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

very direct turned application in recieved a call within 2 weeks asked to come in for a one on one interview

Management Intern Interview

I researched the company online and applied for a management position, I had a phone interview, and then a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the message/image that AE tries to send to consumers and how do you as an individual embody or capture that message?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The manager asked me simple questions like: Why American Eagle, Describe your fashion, How can you help American Eagle, etc

Sales Associate Interview

It was pretty easy, they asked very basic questions so just try to express your personality through them. At the end they make you fill out a survey, which kind of gives you a "colour" and sometimes they base hires on certain colours eg/ during holiday seasons they'll hire more 'reds' as they're more outgoing, so good for speaking to customers.

Interview Questions
    • What's one situation where you've shown outstanding cutsomer service?   Answer Question

Teammate Programs Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Phone interview - one on one interview - Group Interview Event

Interview Questions
    • You have to present an assortment with a team to executives. Executives ask questions about the brand and financials.   Answer Question
    none

Sales Associate Interview

simple enough provided through co-op placement at school

no negotiation required

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

i walked in and ask if the were hireing the manger and i had a breif conversation about my preivious work experince and he told me to fill out an application and i turned it the next day and i was hired on the spot

Merchandising Intern Interview

The process is very straight forward and quick. Once the interview was setup, It was a simple question answer scenario. The people there were friendly and easy to talk to. The best attitude to carry is to just be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • What changes would you add or make to the companies clothing line.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

It was a super easy process. I just turned in my application and a few days later I got a call for a group interview. The group interview was with a bunch of burn outs and so I guess I stood out as they hired me the next day but no one else. It was an easy but boring job, not bad for a college kid.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

You will more likely be in a group interview with other peers trying to apply for the same position. They will ask you to talk about yourself one by one and you definitely need to make yourself stand out.

Interview Questions
    • They will give you an item; in my case it was a pen, and ask you to sell it to him. The hard part was trying to make it different than the people who went before you.   View Answer