American Eagle Outfitters

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Was called to schedule for an interview a few days after turning in my application in store. Had a group interview later that weekend. The interview/hiring process was fairly quick.

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

very unprofessional company, I realized I might not want to work there. The guy that called was not even the hiring manager, so why did he even call. I missed his call, then I called him back, he then told me to call the company hotline. I was slightly confused, I knew at that moment the interview process might take longer. I have yet to receive a call back from the manager or HR people.

Interview Questions
    • HR did not get back to me, after several attempt to speak to the manager. Very unprofessional.   View Answer

Floor Set/Sales Associate Interview

Literally just walked into the store and asked if they were hiring, the assistant manger asked me if I was interested I said yes then he just made me fill out one of those agree/disagree test on an Ipad. Took maybe 15 minutes to fill it out and I was hired. A couple days later filled out all the paperwork and began orientation. Very easy going process, all the managers were extremely nice and outgoing.

Interview Questions
    • There were none, Interview was short and to the point.   Answer Question
    It's a good job, you get to work with fun, outgoing people.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Very simple and straightforward. Typical interview questions asked. Focused on previous management experience. Be prepared to interview with store manager and district manager. Be prepared to speak about past experiences to show leadership skills.

DM asked for a recent paystub from current employer to verify income. The company is very salary conscious, tries to get each manager at the minimum amount they will take.

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2014.

I applied online and within a few hours the HR manager called me for a group interview. (it was seasonal so they really needed people) when i arrived at the interview there was 9 people (including myself) we waited for a few minutes then was sent to the HR office to begin the interview. This was my first interview so i was really nervous, but the HR manager was really friendly and nice so that put us all at ease. He went around the circle and made everyone introduce their self's, why you want to work there and your previous experience. Everyone around the circle had lots of previous experience and this was my first retail job so i had very little to tell, but didn't really mind about having the most experience. He then asked what is good costumer service and how would we help pick out an outfit for a costumer. His last question was to find out our availability, most of the people sounded like they didn't really have time for the because they had school or other jobs. They seem to want you to have a very flexible schedule with no restrictions. The interview was very easy in my opinion i was expecting most of questions to be hard and the interviewer to be serious or mean but overall it was pretty simple and he was really nice. After he explain the job description he made us fill out the full AE paper application and he took us out one by one to let us know if we had got the job or not. I was offered the job on the spot (mainly because i had such a flexible schedule) for $8.00 an hour and i started 3 days later. The location was Times Square, New York

Interview Questions
    • how would you help a costumer pick out an outfit?   View Answer
    • what is good costumer service?   View Answer
    no negotiation offered $8.00 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2014.

So it was basically a group interview, with like 5 other people. The hr manger interviewed us all you have to do is smile and know what you talking about.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2014.

I interviewed at the 14th street location. When I arrived I asked the greeter where to go & he directed me upstairs. I went to wait & there were about 11 or 12 other people waiting there to interview with me. We all waited another 30 minutes for someone to come get us. Then we went downstairs to interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a good customer service experience.   Answer Question
    • Why should you work here? It's your first day on the job & someone asks you where a pair of jeans are but you don't know where they are, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • Someone is looking at clothes but you see that someone has just messed up the pile of shirts you just neatly folded, what do you handle first?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2014.

The interview was actually easier than I thought. I was really nervous and it was quite noticeably so the lady who was interviewing offered me some coffee. After all , the interview was a breeze and I was completely comfortable. I was contacted a week later for training and being that this is my first job in retail I was a bit confuse but everything went fine after all

Interview Questions
    Well when you're applying for a job at American Eagle you should dress casual. Buy something from the store . Smile and show that you're comfort but dont smile too much

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

It was a group interview with approximately 25 candidates. They asked us a few basic behavioural questions which were simple, the only difficult part was being able to voice your answer without coming off as overbearing. At the end, we were split into groups, given a description of a type of customer, an event and a budget and told to create an outfit for them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very straight forward. Tell us about yourself? Tell us about a time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

I had applied three times to the same store. The third time I handed the application to the manager and had an on-the-spot interview, and was asked to come back the two days later for a formal interview. After two days She called me back and offered me the job.