American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

2.2

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

I applied through a posting on our university jobboard. After an initial phone interview with HR, I was flown to Pittsburgh to interview with a buyer and then participate in a 2 day interview program. There were probably 2-3 dozen candidates and 2 days of activities including rounds of interviews back to back in a hotel meeting room (where 10 other candidates are interviewed at the same time at different tables), meet-and-greet the buyers at happy hour etc. Like someone mentioned, it was like a sorority rush event.

FYI: The company is not very diverse. Most employees are from Pittsburgh and/or University of Pittsburgh.

Replen/Stock Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in August 2014.

Took a while to call me back. Had a phone interview first (questioned me why I wanted to work at AE, do I have any experience) then they gave me a mock session over the phone (person was pretending to be a difficult customer trying to find something). After, they took a few days to call me for a group interview. Asked basic, general questions. Moved forward with 1:1 interview. Got offered a position starting with $8.50.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, everything was basic and common sense.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2014.

I walked into the store and asked for an application, I filled it out at the counter and turned it in and she asked me why I wanted to work there. A couple days later I got a call about having an interview the next week and I agreed and came in about 10 minutes before the requested time but had to wait for a while.
    The interview seemed about average to me, but I think I came off as too anxious and unsure of myself and did not receive a response post-interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you bought recently that you absolutely had to have and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The interview is pretty straight forward, you apply in person and after they review your application you, come in for an interview. They will sit you down and ask you a lot of basic sales business questions, and customer service questions. You may be called back in for multiple interviews but usually one is standard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2014.

This is for the Times Square location in New York City.
    I applied online and got a reply through email.
    The group interview did not start promptly-in fact we waited for for more than 20 minutes until the interview was conducted.
    Managers were extremely nice-  it felt like a group conversation more than an interview. They asked extremely basic, very general interview questions. It only got specific when it turned to terms of style. Sometimes they would go around the table, otherwise you were free to raise your hand. Be sure to wear some sort of apparel from American Eagle-be it jeans or a cardigan. Sometimes the manager will ask you what you are wearing. All in all, it was a good standard interview. Afterwards, they told us to fill out a paper application and then took us out the room to tell us our results. I accepted a seasonal position with $8 wage. Hopefully I am kept as an part time work in the near future.

Interview Questions
    • Introduce yourself  and tell us about your past job experiences.   Answer Question
    • Why work at American Eagle?   View Answer
    • What's your style and how does American Eagle connect to it? What do you think AE's style is?   View Answer
    • How can a sales associate be a hero?   View Answer
    There was no room to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2014.

Very casual and easy. Showed up to a "hiring event" which ended up being the Assistant Manager at a table set up outside of the store. She asked a couple of typical interview questions, nothing too difficult to answer. Was essentially hired on the spot and was asked to attend an orientation the following day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Did not find out wage until well into orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2014.

I applied online and then the next day I went in and give my application and resume . Two days later I got a email from HR telling me to contact them and I did the next day . they schedule me for a group inter view in 4 days . . I went to the group interview and it was easy. I was nerves for nothing at all . I got hired with 4 other girls and I start orientation 6days from now . I dressed casual with a ivory color pull over sweater/shirt and burgundy pants and black ankle boots . I was very energetic and had a lot of personality.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in August 2013.

In the beginning the was a lot of phone tag, the person scheduled to give my interview rescheduled a few times. We were able to connect and had a phone interview. The questions were not out of the ordinary. 'Where do you get your style from?" There were also some scenario questions, "what would you do if...?".

Interview Questions
    • The interview flowed naturally, there wasn't any questions that stand out as difficult.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, I was satisfied with the offer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2014.

I applied two days ago in person. They made me apply in the store. After asked me a few questions like my availability, and said they would call. The same day an hour later they called for a interview for Wednesday which is two days later. I can in and they made me fill out forms and said I have training next week. They asked me no questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in June 2014.

I walked into the store and asked for an application and was immediately told that they wanted to interview me (could be because the manager was going on vacation shortly, wanted to get it out of the way). They asked basic questions: why do you want to work here, describe your style, etc. It was really lax, we did it in the food court at the mall. Nothing too serious.