American Eagle Outfitters

Average Difficulty
335 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Paramus, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details – I applied in store and heard back for a group interview about two weeks later.

The group interview was pretty standard. Try to dress like their company style (it really helps). They take you on a tour of the store and show you how operations are run. They tell you about the company's vision and style of clothing they like to portray. We did the interviews in a group setting. The manager of the store takes you to a room with other applicants and ask questions there.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty normal in terms of interview questions. You answer them in a group setting so others will hear your answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
San Marcos, TX

I applied in-person and interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details – turn in your application. follow up with it and yo ll get interview day. just be yourself and make sure your interviewer knows your abilities and what you can do for her/him.

Interview Question – there was not any hard or unexpected question. just use your common sense. if you were the owner of the AE, what would you do improve the company?   Answer Question

Amherst, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in June 2014.

Interview Details – I called the store and asked if they were hiring and the manager said they were based on availability and experience. I went in the next day to get an application and filled it out and returned it the same day. The manager was very nice and asked me a couple of questions like why AE? After she had me take a online personality survey thing and said that it was to see if you would be better off in the back with shipment or in front with the customers. I read the reviews here and most people said that if you don't get an interview right then and there, they don't want you. So to my surprise about a month later I received a call from them asking if I would like to come in for a interview that same day. I was like hell yea lol so I arrived at the store and the manager greeted me and we went to the back. She asked me about my past jobs and what I did there, then asked me why AE? about my availability, what I like to do in my free time, and what's the craziest thing I've ever done. It was more of a conversation then an interview. After she said that I'll get a call either the next day or Tues. To my shock she called me like 30min after with a job! I start the next day

Interview Question – The only unexpected question was "What's the craziest thing you've ever done?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none, I only had 3 months of retail experience so minimum wage

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details – There is a few round interview. You interview with the store manager and if you pass that interview you move on to the district manaager. After the district manager you phone interview with the regional.

Interview Question – Our conversation talked about conversion. At that point in my retail career I hadnt dealt with traffic or conversion. It was clearly stated to me and then I understood.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We are offering you a postion at such and such an hr would you like to accept?

Jean-Expert/Stylist Interview

Jean-Expert/Stylist
Lake Grove, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in December 2012.

Interview Details – The usual questions expected during an interview (past experience, wages, reason for leaving, what brought me to the company). The assistant manager who interviewed me was very nice and personable. We clicked right away. Hired right on the spot.

Interview Question – There where none. Very easy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straightforward and quick paced.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in February 2014.

Interview Details – Easy interview, they give you a computer personality test, this determine if you'll be a good fit for the company and the team. Interview was super easy and they hire you on the spot if you make it.

Interview Question – What was the worst part of working at your previous job   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate
Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in May 2014.

Interview Details – Walked into the store to ask if they were hiring for any positions, and they said yes and gave me an application. Filled it out, and the same day got a phone call asking for an interview. It was few minutes for the manager to interview as she was busy. When it was time for the interview, it was held on the sales floor. The questions were easy to answer. She wanted to know about my job experience, if I've ever worked in sales, and what I like about American Eagle. The whole process took about 15 minutes.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. It was very easy to answer the questions, as I have worked in retail before. I knew what to expect.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details – I got hired on the spot after a couple of questions. I learned a lot about what the company was and who they were about. I also got a lot of insight onto what my specific jobs would be and what I would be responsible for.

Interview Question – What type of animal would you be and why?   View Answer

Seasonal Associate Interview

Seasonal Associate

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in May 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview I received the job right on the spot. It was very simple basic questions. It was a one and one interview. First you do the get to know the potential candidate, questions of like oh I see you've worked here tell me about it. Then you get into your impact/work related experience. Lastly what do you bring to the table. It was a very straightforward process.

Interview Question – What have you done in your job to help improve not only yourself but your fellow employees?   View Answer

Anything Interview

Anything

I applied in-person and interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details – I walked in one day to apply for a job, when handing in my applications she told me to take a personality test and then she then invited me to a group interview later that day. She asked a lot of questions about why you would work there and why you would want the job. I finally got a second interview call today a little over a week later...

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at American Eagle?   View Answer