American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I had applied three times to the same store. The third time I handed the application to the manager and had an on-the-spot interview, and was asked to come back the two days later for a formal interview. After two days She called me back and offered me the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Was a group interview with around three other people. Very straightforward. Took place with the hiring manager, but did not meet the store manager until after start date. Interview lasted maybe 30 minutes or so, was very relaxed. Included questions about personal style taste, customer service experience etc. Interviewed for a seasonal position, but stayed on after holiday.

Stock Supervisor Interview

Interview

The interview process was standard. The first interview was with the Human Resources rep and the second interview was with the hiring manager. Both interviews lasted about 30 minutes. A majority of the questions asked were behavioral based questions such as tell me about a time when... Overall, the interview process was positive.

Sales Associate Seasonal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and received a call back around Tuesday. It was for an interview. The person who called me was super nice and he said dress casual and to bring an extra copy of my resume. And the interview was set for the following Thursday. I went into the location and was instructed to go upstairs. I saw one or two other people in a waiting area. The interview was suppose to be at 4 but by 4:20 no one came to speak to me. And by that time a bunch of other people poured into the waiting room. I think roughly 14 other people were waiting to be interviewed as well, seemingly. I honestly thought it was a one on one or even if it was a group interview, I thought 14 people was way too much. Nevertheless at around 4:30, one of the supervisors brought us downstairs and we all sat in a circle. Then she along with another supervisor started asking us typical questions like if you were a customer and an employee gave you attitude how would you feel or vice versa. After around 5 rounds of interviewing questions and going around the circle, they had everyone fill out paper applications regardless if you applied online. And while you were filling out info, they were actually picking out people that stood out. After around 10 mins, they called out names and basically if your name was called- your interview was over. I, along with 4 other people were not called. Then we were introduced to the manager that oversaw 3 different american eagles and he asked more personal questions like Describe yourself, etc. By the end of my interview he immediately offered me a position that was close to my school. I go in for employee training on Sunday!

Interview Questions

• If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

He basically just asked, which store would you want to work at? And I replied any and he said I'm going to put you down for this one and it basically meant I got the job.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2014.

Interview

I had asked for an application the day before the interview and when I came to turn it in they told me to bring it back the next day--so I did. When I turned it in my interviewer interviewed me right on the spot and right after the interview she offered me a job with them. The interview was fast, to the point, and comfortable--it also helped that my interviewer was incredibly friendly and welcoming.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

We were asked to sit on the couches. There were about 10 people in my group (I saw about 2 other groups about the same size). We went down to the stock room and talked to managers "popcorned" questions. They asked "What do you think is good customer service?" "What position are you most interested in here? [Aerie, Sales, Cashier or Visual]". I then filled out another application [I filled one online but I guess they wanted a paper copy] and I was called into another manager's office. We talked for 5 minutes total. We discussed my schedule and what location is most convenient for me to commute to and I was given the job.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions asked. I went into a manager's office, we talked about my schedule and what location is most convenient for me and I was given the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I interviewed at the 14th street location. When I arrived I asked the greeter where to go & he directed me upstairs. I went to wait & there were about 11 or 12 other people waiting there to interview with me. We all waited another 30 minutes for someone to come get us. Then we went downstairs to interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a good customer service experience.   Answer Question
    • Why should you work here? It's your first day on the job & someone asks you where a pair of jeans are but you don't know where they are, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • Someone is looking at clothes but you see that someone has just messed up the pile of shirts you just neatly folded, what do you handle first?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Fond du Lac, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for seasonal, but plan on staying on with the company. I turned in my application and was interviewed on the spot. As long as you are personable and friendly, they'll be willing to work with you and provide flexible hours. Very casual interview process. They want to know you as a person, not just you in a retail setting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Sales positions start at minimum wage, and it is non-negotiable.

Buying/Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied after speaking with HR reps at our campus career fair. I submitted my resume and was asked to attend an informational session. I then received the call that I got an interview and had to complete a project for it. I first had an in person interview on campus with one HR person and one buyer. They were very casual but asked a lot of questions. Buying is an interesting position to interview for because you need business skills, a good sense of fashion and trend, retail experience, and good public speaking and teamwork abilities. They asked me about all of those things in the first interview. I was also asked to present my project that I had prepared for that day. I made it past the first round, then participated in a super day with all of the other candidates. We went through a tour of the building and then had two more interviews with different buyers and did group work while being observed. The whole day was a great learning experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Orlando, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview took 10 minutes and was hired on the spot. It was one on one with the manager at the front of the store. Basic questions and judged more on personality and honesty than anything.