American Eagle Outfitters

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Tannersville, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details – Filled out an application and brought my resume to the store.
Interviewed on the spot and was asked to attend the training

Interview Question – Do you love retail?
(can be hard to answer if you really didn't expect it)
  Answer Question

Leawood, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was simply shopping at the store, and on a whim asked if I could fill out an app. The store manager asked "why do you want to work for American Eagle?" and I told her about my extensive retail background and how I wanted to enter the fashion industry. She scheduled an interview on the spot, and held the interview 1 on 1 at the store. About 2 weeks after the interview, I received a call asking when I could start.

Interview Question – "Tell me about your personal style." before working here, I had a very basic style with little to no fashion experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate anything; I was started well above minimum wage, at $8.00 per hour. I believe this was because of my retail background, because I now work with individuals who make minimum wage.

Interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters

Interview Details – I started the process of looking for a job by going to a near by location and filling out an application. The first person I asked happened to be the hiring manager, lucky. I filled out the application and was then sent to a back room to take a personality test, select adjectives that I think describe me from a list of random ones. I was then told they would be in contact with me within 90 days.

Interview Question – What are you looking to make?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on craigslist. Had a short interview with DM. That day had a call for a second interview a few days later started the following Monday.

Negotiation Details – I got what I asked for they told me it was more than usual. Go to find out was paid a kot less than usual

Fort Walton Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details – Basic application was turned in. I recieved a phine call the next day and scheduled for and interview.

Interview Question – Interview questions were very direct and to the point, so nothing difficult or unexpected was asked of me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty simple, mostly concentrated on wages and scheduling because I was in college.

Stock Associate Interview

Stock Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details – After applying online I received a phone call about a week later, conducted a phone interview, was invited to a group interview.

Interview Question – They asked, "Give us an example of bad customer service", give them a situation where you had an interaction with an employee and how it affected good customer service   Answer Question

Beaverton, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by telephone and asked to come in for a group interview. We met in a busy food court, which added distractions so I needed to focus on the questions asked. There were 6 other people being interviewed at the same time. The interviewer would throw out a few questions. I answered 4 out of 6 questions. A few days later, I received a phone call for a second interview. The second interview was a 8 hour shift at night 10 pm to 6 am where we restocked the entire floor. I was hired two days later.

Interview Question – How do I deal with conflict with a customer or another employee?   Answer Question

Merchandising Intern Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied first through college recruiting, had to submit a project, and had a Skype interview. I was then invited to the final round interview (all expenses paid) at their headquarters in Pittsburgh.

Interview Question – What are some of the trends you forecast being relevant in the coming Spring?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

Interview Details – I was looking for a part time job to make some extra cash and just went in and asked if they were hiring. They gave me a little card and contacted me the next day for a group interview. It was one of the supervisors conducting a group interview of about 5-6 people.

Asked very generic questions-- why do you want to work here, what can you contribute to the team. Since this was very obviously a sales position--they asked if we had any previous experience in sales (didn't seem to be too preoccupied with this one). The interviewer then asked each person in the group a different question (one was "sell me this pen"). They also asked us to detail our previous experiences and etc.

Only one round--after this, they called and offered me the job.

Interview Question – "Sell me this pen."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate - pay was minimum.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very brief. Dropped off a resume and the assistant to the manager of the store called me to set the interview up. When I arrived for the interview I spoke directly to the store manager. We talked about my experience, minimum hourly wage and when I could start work. It was that easy.

Interview Question – No unexpected or difficult questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The store manager called me the day after I interviewed with her and offered my the job for the minimum wage I asked for. I accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Eagle Outfitters