American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2014.

Interview

I applied two days ago in person. They made me apply in the store. After asked me a few questions like my availability, and said they would call. The same day an hour later they called for a interview for Wednesday which is two days later. I can in and they made me fill out forms and said I have training next week. They asked me no questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

This is for the Times Square location in New York City.
    I applied online and got a reply through email.
    The group interview did not start promptly-in fact we waited for for more than 20 minutes until the interview was conducted.
    Managers were extremely nice-  it felt like a group conversation more than an interview. They asked extremely basic, very general interview questions. It only got specific when it turned to terms of style. Sometimes they would go around the table, otherwise you were free to raise your hand. Be sure to wear some sort of apparel from American Eagle-be it jeans or a cardigan. Sometimes the manager will ask you what you are wearing. All in all, it was a good standard interview. Afterwards, they told us to fill out a paper application and then took us out the room to tell us our results. I accepted a seasonal position with $8 wage. Hopefully I am kept as an part time work in the near future.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself  and tell us about your past job experiences.   Answer Question
    • Why work at American Eagle?   1 Answer
    • What's your style and how does American Eagle connect to it? What do you think AE's style is?   1 Answer
    • How can a sales associate be a hero?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room to negotiate.

Seasonal Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview in the stockroom of the store. I was early and the first there and waited in the other two to arrive. The interview started with learning more about us and what we would've been doing that day instead, small talk to start. Then, they began to ask questions like, what's your style, what's the first thing you look for in the store, without saying AE what other brand do you think is best with customer service, what did you do at your old job that would contribute to AE, what are your strong suits and what is one of the most challenging things you have ever faced. Don't be afraid to get slightly personal and let them know a little bit about you personal life, after all they are here to learn about you. The three of us were all hired on the spot and were told we would be paid minimum wage, $7.25, and there wouldn't be much they could do about it. Towards the end the Store Manager/Owner walked by and met all of us, no big questions just saying hi. So, they do ask quite a few questions, but just be relaxed, they are looking to see how you deal with impromptu questions and using personal responses like you could with customers.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult challenge you ever faced, and how did you over come it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as the said it was minimum wage and that was final.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Columbia, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

I went to the store in person on a Friday and told them I was intrested in working part-time. They told me to come back the following Monday for a group interview. The interview was pretty laid back, we completed job applications while everyone arrived. The main questions were about our previous job experience, flexibility, and ee all were asked why we wanted to work here. I was called two days later and offered the position and told to come to new employee orientation this Sunday.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at American Eagle?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able negotiate a nice flexible schedule as I am a student.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

So it was basically a group interview, with like 5 other people. The hr manger interviewed us all you have to do is smile and know what you talking about.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I walked and applied. They called about two weeks later asking for a time I could do an interview. There was one interview, it was pretty standard. Didn't veer from typical interview questions. The interview was face to face and lasted 15 minutes. They told you immediately after if you would come in for training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Lombard, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Relaxed, basic. Sat on the couch and felt comfortable talking to the manger. Basically asked why I want to work there. How I can help and if I can work overnight once a month. Great experience. I have orientation this week. Bad part was it took them a bit to get back to me after I turned application in.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your inspiration for your style?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I walked into the store and asked for an application, I filled it out at the counter and turned it in and she asked me why I wanted to work there. A couple days later I got a call about having an interview the next week and I agreed and came in about 10 minutes before the requested time but had to wait for a while.
    The interview seemed about average to me, but I think I came off as too anxious and unsure of myself and did not receive a response post-interview.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you bought recently that you absolutely had to have and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then the next day I went in and give my application and resume . Two days later I got a email from HR telling me to contact them and I did the next day . they schedule me for a group inter view in 4 days . . I went to the group interview and it was easy. I was nerves for nothing at all . I got hired with 4 other girls and I start orientation 6days from now . I dressed casual with a ivory color pull over sweater/shirt and burgundy pants and black ankle boots . I was very energetic and had a lot of personality.

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Elmhurst, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online in October then they send me a email for a hiring event and I went I bring my resume and the application for the first interview it was a one on one interview then I got email back for second interview it was a one on one interview they said they will call me for an orientation then I missed the call from them I will reapply to this store again