American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Seemed like a great company. The interview went really well and I felt like I was given a great amount of time to sell myself and I learned a lot about the company.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houma, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Houma, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was easy and a good time. Manager talked about his experience in coming to the company. He didn't sugar coat any part of the job, so you know for the most part what you're getting into.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Was very pleasant, the recruiters get back to you in a timely manner. The longest part is waiting in between interviews, however I felt very confident through the whole process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very smooth

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Was called to schedule for an interview a few days after turning in my application in store. Had a group interview later that weekend. The interview/hiring process was fairly quick.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

very unprofessional company, I realized I might not want to work there. The guy that called was not even the hiring manager, so why did he even call. I missed his call, then I called him back, he then told me to call the company hotline. I was slightly confused, I knew at that moment the interview process might take longer. I have yet to receive a call back from the manager or HR people.

Interview Questions

• HR did not get back to me, after several attempt to speak to the manager. Very unprofessional.   1 Answer

Floor Set/Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Literally just walked into the store and asked if they were hiring, the assistant manger asked me if I was interested I said yes then he just made me fill out one of those agree/disagree test on an Ipad. Took maybe 15 minutes to fill it out and I was hired. A couple days later filled out all the paperwork and began orientation. Very easy going process, all the managers were extremely nice and outgoing.

Interview Questions

• There were none, Interview was short and to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's a good job, you get to work with fun, outgoing people.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Very simple and straightforward. Typical interview questions asked. Focused on previous management experience. Be prepared to interview with store manager and district manager. Be prepared to speak about past experiences to show leadership skills.

Negotiation

DM asked for a recent paystub from current employer to verify income. The company is very salary conscious, tries to get each manager at the minimum amount they will take.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I had applied three times to the same store. The third time I handed the application to the manager and had an on-the-spot interview, and was asked to come back the two days later for a formal interview. After two days She called me back and offered me the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Was a group interview with around three other people. Very straightforward. Took place with the hiring manager, but did not meet the store manager until after start date. Interview lasted maybe 30 minutes or so, was very relaxed. Included questions about personal style taste, customer service experience etc. Interviewed for a seasonal position, but stayed on after holiday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

We were asked to sit on the couches. There were about 10 people in my group (I saw about 2 other groups about the same size). We went down to the stock room and talked to managers "popcorned" questions. They asked "What do you think is good customer service?" "What position are you most interested in here? [Aerie, Sales, Cashier or Visual]". I then filled out another application [I filled one online but I guess they wanted a paper copy] and I was called into another manager's office. We talked for 5 minutes total. We discussed my schedule and what location is most convenient for me to commute to and I was given the job.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions asked. I went into a manager's office, we talked about my schedule and what location is most convenient for me and I was given the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.