American Eagle Outfitters

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied first through college recruiting, had to submit a project, and had a Skype interview. I was then invited to the final round interview (all expenses paid) at their headquarters in Pittsburgh.

Interview Question – What are some of the trends you forecast being relevant in the coming Spring?   Answer Question

Merchandising Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in February 2012.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at a college career fair and got set up with an interview for the next day. Interviewers were very nice and professional. They asked basic questions about my work experiences and views on their company. It was very trend intensive: they were looking for someone who follows fashion closely and knows their products well.

Interview Questions

• What was a trend that we missed last season?   Answer Question
  • Who do you think is our biggest competitor? What do you think they do better than us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negociation. set hourly rate. corporate housing was provided

Interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters

Interview Details – The process is very straight forward and quick. Once the interview was setup, It was a simple question answer scenario. The people there were friendly and easy to talk to. The best attitude to carry is to just be yourself.

Interview Question – What changes would you add or make to the companies clothing line.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2010.

Interview Details – 2:1 interview with one HR representative and a merchant. The interview was entirely behavioral and generally laid back. Both of the interviewers were very friendly, and really just wanted to get to know me. They asked about why I'm interested in retail, any changes I'd make to the AE assortment, my perception of the AE brand, where I shop, favorite high end retailers/designers, etc.

Interview Question – Who is your favorite designer?   Answer Question

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!