American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA

Updated Jun 4, 2015

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

First the recruiter contacts you by email and sets up a phone interview. Then you have the phone interview with the recruiter and they ask relatively basic questions and tell you about the company and its benefits. Then you go to face-to-face interviews with department managers.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

The entire process was spread over 3 or 4 weeks. First a phone interview and then an in-office interview, where I met with 5 different people. The HR people were pretty tough with their questions, and really made me elaborate. Everyone was very friendly. Lastly, do NOT wear a suit, its a casual work environment and they want you to dress casual.

Interview Questions

• They ask alot of standard questions. Strengths and weakness questions.   Answer Question

Buying/Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied after speaking with HR reps at our campus career fair. I submitted my resume and was asked to attend an informational session. I then received the call that I got an interview and had to complete a project for it. I first had an in person interview on campus with one HR person and one buyer. They were very casual but asked a lot of questions. Buying is an interesting position to interview for because you need business skills, a good sense of fashion and trend, retail experience, and good public speaking and teamwork abilities. They asked me about all of those things in the first interview. I was also asked to present my project that I had prepared for that day. I made it past the first round, then participated in a super day with all of the other candidates. We went through a tour of the building and then had two more interviews with different buyers and did group work while being observed. The whole day was a great learning experience.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied through a posting on our university jobboard. After an initial phone interview with HR, I was flown to Pittsburgh to interview with a buyer and then participate in a 2 day interview program. There were probably 2-3 dozen candidates and 2 days of activities including rounds of interviews back to back in a hotel meeting room (where 10 other candidates are interviewed at the same time at different tables), meet-and-greet the buyers at happy hour etc. Like someone mentioned, it was like a sorority rush event.

FYI: The company is not very diverse. Most employees are from Pittsburgh and/or University of Pittsburgh.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions   1 Answer

Visual Lead Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Found job posting online. Received email from Manager saying they were interested in interviewing me. We communicated through email to set time for interview. I was allowed into the building where I was interviewed by the Visual Lead Manager and was offered the job two days later.

Interview Questions

• How much experience I had in retail, customer service, and where I went to school.   Answer Question

Buying Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I currently work for the retail end of the company in the store and was referred to the internship by my manager. The process seemed to be going great, I was referred, they like my resume then I had to take an online math exam. I was then passed on to the first round of interviewing. The interview was done online which I felt I couldn't express my true personality because the interview itself was impersonal. It consisted of pre-recorded questions in which you were given a certain amount of time to read each question then it would start recording you and your response. I wish I would've prepared more for the questions because they certainly were not get to know you type of questions they were all very specific to the job. It was a bit on the stressful side and hard to get comfortable since the process was done online but it better prepared me for future similar interviews. Although I did not get the job I still have interest in the company and will try again if the opportunity was right.

Interview Questions

• Describe the current top competing companies that AE has to face, what are the competing trends and describe your likes and dislikes of this years spring line up now in the AE stores?   Answer Question

Planning and Allocation Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Very, very uncomfortable Async Interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AEO? What is a buyer? Who are our competitors?   Answer Question

Merchant In Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

I did the first round of the math exam and passed. From there I finished the online interview given to me from AEO recruiters. The interview was very impersonal, it was pre-recorded online. As you answer online it would lead you to the next question with no interaction with human feedback etc.

Interview Questions

• One of the most common questions asked was "Where do you see yourself in the industry"   Answer Question

Merchandising Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied first through college recruiting, had to submit a project, and had a Skype interview. I was then invited to the final round interview (all expenses paid) at their headquarters in Pittsburgh.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the trends you forecast being relevant in the coming Spring?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Interview process was great. Everyone I met with had a genuine desire to get to know me professionally and personally. They were quick to point out their challenges. Very friendly and accommodating. They gave me a tour of the city after the interview, which helped me figure out if I wanted to move there.