American Eagle Outfitters

Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.1

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

It was a group interview. The hiring manager focused on one person more than the other.Strict rules on how to dress. The wait for the interview took longer then it should be. The hiring manager was very nice though. You must shop there and be a loyal customer.

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

I applied to American Eagle as a part-time sales associate in October and about 2 weeks later I got a call for an interview. I sat down in the corner of the store with a manager and after a few questions he told me I was hired. However, he told me I would be a seasonal employee because I did not have any previous experience in retail, but if they liked me, they would offer me a part-time position. I was thrilled to even be offered a seasonal position. He told me that my first day would be Black Friday, which I did not have a problem with. After my first shift, I asked how I would find out my hours every week. They told me to call every week and they would tell me when I was scheduled. For about 2 weeks I called and I was not put on the schedule. The 3rd week I called, they had told me that they never meant to hire me as a seasonal employee. They just wanted me to work on Black Friday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in February 2015.

I applied in stores and the process took about two weeks. It was a one on one interview in the mall. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. I was asked very basic retail questions and then in return I got to ask questions. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and I was told I got the job right after.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to present yourself in front of a large group or audience.
      What extracurricular activities do you do outside of work and school?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Process was fairly easy. After handing in my application, I was asked to go to the computer and complete a survey that basically analyzes your work style and ethics. Then, a group interview was conducted with basic questions like "How would you describe your personal style?" and "What experience do you have working with others?". Just relax, act cool, and dress trendy.

none

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Was called to schedule for an interview a few days after turning in my application in store. Had a group interview later that weekend. The interview/hiring process was fairly quick.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

I had applied three times to the same store. The third time I handed the application to the manager and had an on-the-spot interview, and was asked to come back the two days later for a formal interview. After two days She called me back and offered me the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Was a group interview with around three other people. Very straightforward. Took place with the hiring manager, but did not meet the store manager until after start date. Interview lasted maybe 30 minutes or so, was very relaxed. Included questions about personal style taste, customer service experience etc. Interviewed for a seasonal position, but stayed on after holiday.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2014.

I interviewed at the 14th street location. When I arrived I asked the greeter where to go & he directed me upstairs. I went to wait & there were about 11 or 12 other people waiting there to interview with me. We all waited another 30 minutes for someone to come get us. Then we went downstairs to interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a good customer service experience.   Answer Question
    • Why should you work here? It's your first day on the job & someone asks you where a pair of jeans are but you don't know where they are, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • Someone is looking at clothes but you see that someone has just messed up the pile of shirts you just neatly folded, what do you handle first?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2014.

We were asked to sit on the couches. There were about 10 people in my group (I saw about 2 other groups about the same size). We went down to the stock room and talked to managers "popcorned" questions. They asked "What do you think is good customer service?" "What position are you most interested in here? [Aerie, Sales, Cashier or Visual]". I then filled out another application [I filled one online but I guess they wanted a paper copy] and I was called into another manager's office. We talked for 5 minutes total. We discussed my schedule and what location is most convenient for me to commute to and I was given the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions asked. I went into a manager's office, we talked about my schedule and what location is most convenient for me and I was given the job.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

The interview is pretty straight forward, you apply in person and after they review your application you, come in for an interview. They will sit you down and ask you a lot of basic sales business questions, and customer service questions. You may be called back in for multiple interviews but usually one is standard.