American Eagle Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Taylor, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied in person. I called on my application almost a week later and got scheduled for an interview. It was a short interview and I was hired on the spot. Afterwards I was asked to take a personality survey and the results will be given to me at orientation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I applied in store then a few days later got a call back. I was interviewed right at the cash register. It was very weird to be interviewed while customers were shopping but it was my first job so I went with it. I was hired right on the spot. A few days after that I was employed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I was walking around the mall and I thought I'd ask if AE was hiring. So I walked in and asked the cashier if they were hiring and he told me that they're always taking applications; he gave me one and advised me to talk to the manager when I return the application. It's my luck that the manager was working at the time so I went ahead and introduced myself. She asked me my availability and asked me to do this survey. After that she scheduled me an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Melbourne, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I've always loved AE, so when I was going around picking up applications and applying at places, I stopped by and asked for an application. I brought it back the next day. About a month went by before I heard anything, and when they called they asked me to come in for an interview. It was a group of five girls, including myself. The manager took us into the back room where we sat in a circle, went around the circle asking us questions. Overall, the interview was easy and relaxed. She didn't really ask anything out of the ordinary, and she was very nice.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Mainly role-play questions. I waited a week before I got a reply, which was nerve-wracking, only to find out that I did not get the job. It was a group interview (10 people, including me) with two interviewers. It was located in the store's storage unit, and the interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions

• If you had two customers asking for two different things, how would you handle this situation as a coworker?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I picked up an application at the store and brought it back a few days later and spoke to the manager. She had me answer a few questions about availability and experience in retail. I was hired on the spot. It wasn't in any way a formal interview and probably only lasted about 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Traverse City, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied in person. They called me within a few days to set up an interview. When I went in, the manager had me wait for a few minutes. They were obviously very busy and seemed kind of stressed. She eventually came over and explained that they were having issues with a new system and were super behind. She asked if I could come in later and I agreed. I completely understood. When I came in later that day she interviewed me on the sales floor. It was super relaxed and fun. The interview was a breeze and she offered me a job.

Interview Questions

• What celebrity do you look at as a fashion inspiration?   1 Answer
    • How would you help a girl who was shopping for her boyfriend?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online for jobs at three different places. About 2 weeks later, I got an email stating that I should attend their job fair at one of the locations in a couple days, so I did. We were told to wear business casual. They said jeans were acceptable i.e. wear american eagle. There was an array of outfits--some were stricter business casual and others dressed more casual like the typical AE employee--either I'm sure was fine. There was a decent line. They called us out and everyone was interviewed one-on-one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview and the questions were centered around customer service. After the group interview was over, we filled out a packet and half of the group was sent away. I stayed behind with 4 other people for an individual interview with one of the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What is a strength you have? What is a weakness you have? What is one time that you were really satisfied with a store's customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

There were fashion questions asked. Also asked about what kind of extra curricular activities that I do at school and my involvement. The interview was easy. Speak clearly and explain with detail.