American Eagle Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Extremely easy to get and easy to interview. Walked in and the General Manager offered me a job, and of course I wouldf have to go through the interview process formally. I already had the job offer so we just had to go through the steps

Interview Questions

• How do you work as a team? How would you help a customer in various scenarios.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Walked in and asked for an application and talked to the hiring manager for awhile.. Filled it out and brung it back got scheduled for an interview the next day. Came in talked to the manager for my interview and took an personality test and left. Got a call back for another interview a few weeks later ( i forgot to add my phone number in the first time.) got interviewed and hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of great customer service   1 Answer
    • Do you think customers are always right ?   2 Answers
    • Why do you think you will be an great person for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I had experience in clothing retail .. My pay was negotiable.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

American Eagle had a very casual, easy interview process with a fast turnaround. I was just interviewed at my local mall by a manager, asked basic fit questions and the whole thing ended very quickly. Heard back very quickly from the same manager and accepted my offer. American Eagle understands that people turnover quickly since it's driven by part time retail works. The interview process overall was very manageable and not high pressure

Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Camp Hill, PA).

Interview

Varies from person to person. My interview was unofficial while dropping off my application. But they often do one on one interview or group interviews depending on the hiring needs.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable talking to people? How do you feel about shoplifting? Where do you get your style from?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Group interview, then two months later brought in for a one-on-one interview. Had already started applying and interviewing for other jobs. The group interview was in a food court and very loud, and the one-on-one interview was very unprofessional. The manager made me wait for 20 minutes before interviewing (past the time agreed upon) and made me feel slightly uncomfortable by condescending to me.

Interview Questions

• How much experience did I have in the role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation phase--managers were unwavering.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied in person with a copy of my resume. Was called 2 days later. Scheduled for an interview the following week. Had a group interview to begin with. Was relatively simple. Most of the group was sent away except for me and another guy. We filled out papers and were given a one on one with a floor manager. They seemed to like and called back 20 minutes later to tell me I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Taylor, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied in person. I called on my application almost a week later and got scheduled for an interview. It was a short interview and I was hired on the spot. Afterwards I was asked to take a personality survey and the results will be given to me at orientation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I applied in store then a few days later got a call back. I was interviewed right at the cash register. It was very weird to be interviewed while customers were shopping but it was my first job so I went with it. I was hired right on the spot. A few days after that I was employed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I was walking around the mall and I thought I'd ask if AE was hiring. So I walked in and asked the cashier if they were hiring and he told me that they're always taking applications; he gave me one and advised me to talk to the manager when I return the application. It's my luck that the manager was working at the time so I went ahead and introduced myself. She asked me my availability and asked me to do this survey. After that she scheduled me an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Melbourne, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I've always loved AE, so when I was going around picking up applications and applying at places, I stopped by and asked for an application. I brought it back the next day. About a month went by before I heard anything, and when they called they asked me to come in for an interview. It was a group of five girls, including myself. The manager took us into the back room where we sat in a circle, went around the circle asking us questions. Overall, the interview was easy and relaxed. She didn't really ask anything out of the ordinary, and she was very nice.