American Eagle Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.1

246 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

My local AE was hiring like crazy with an application table in and outside of their store. I turned in my application to a manager who skimmed over it and said she loved how energetic I was, and that the hiring manager would love me, she told me he would call me in a few days to set up an interview, after 1 week without a call I called the store and asked to speak with the hiring manager and the guy who answered was very rude and said he's not here now bye and hung up. I went into the store the next day and talked to the hiring manager directly. He wrote my name on a piece of paper and said he'd call me within the week for an interview. 2 weeks went by with no call, I called again and the hiring manager answered and I asked about my application once more and asked if there was any improvements or experience required for the position I was missing. He said no that my application looked great and that he'd for sure get back with me in a week to set up an interview. Again he never called. This seemed very unprofessional to me especially for a hiring manager, I have lost all interest in ever working for American Eagle Outfitters. Z

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2014.

I went in on a Tuesday and introduced myself to the manager and asked if she was hiring. She said she was and gave me an application, we ended up chatting for a few minutes because I had just found out that the Aéropostale in the mall which I worked at was closing, and that's why I was applying for a new job. We hit it off, and she urged me to bring in my application and resume as soon as possible. On Thursday I brought them both in, as well as a letter of recommendation from my former manager. On Friday an assistant manager asked if I could come in for an interview and I did. It took place in the middle of the store which was kind of odd considering there were customers circling us and interrupting to ask her for help, but it definitely made the whole thing seem more relaxed. I filled out a simple personality survey on an iPad that "told them what type of employee I would be," and then she asked me a few basic "what would you do?" questions. At the end of the interview I was offered a position starting at minimum wage. It was all very laid back and simple!

Interview Questions
    • "Pretend that I am a customer and try to sell me the AE Rewards Card"   Answer Question
    She offered me $9/hr (minimum wage) and I said yes.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2014.

I applied two days ago in person. They made me apply in the store. After asked me a few questions like my availability, and said they would call. The same day an hour later they called for a interview for Wednesday which is two days later. I can in and they made me fill out forms and said I have training next week. They asked me no questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2014.

I applied online and then the next day I went in and give my application and resume . Two days later I got a email from HR telling me to contact them and I did the next day . they schedule me for a group inter view in 4 days . . I went to the group interview and it was easy. I was nerves for nothing at all . I got hired with 4 other girls and I start orientation 6days from now . I dressed casual with a ivory color pull over sweater/shirt and burgundy pants and black ankle boots . I was very energetic and had a lot of personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2014.

This is for the Times Square location in New York City.
    I applied online and got a reply through email.
    The group interview did not start promptly-in fact we waited for for more than 20 minutes until the interview was conducted.
    Managers were extremely nice-  it felt like a group conversation more than an interview. They asked extremely basic, very general interview questions. It only got specific when it turned to terms of style. Sometimes they would go around the table, otherwise you were free to raise your hand. Be sure to wear some sort of apparel from American Eagle-be it jeans or a cardigan. Sometimes the manager will ask you what you are wearing. All in all, it was a good standard interview. Afterwards, they told us to fill out a paper application and then took us out the room to tell us our results. I accepted a seasonal position with $8 wage. Hopefully I am kept as an part time work in the near future.

Interview Questions
    • Introduce yourself  and tell us about your past job experiences.   Answer Question
    • Why work at American Eagle?   Answer Question
    • What's your style and how does American Eagle connect to it? What do you think AE's style is?   Answer Question
    • How can a sales associate be a hero?   Answer Question
    There was no room to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

I walked and applied. They called about two weeks later asking for a time I could do an interview. There was one interview, it was pretty standard. Didn't veer from typical interview questions. The interview was face to face and lasted 15 minutes. They told you immediately after if you would come in for training.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2014.

I handed in my application. In a week I got a call from the store manager asking if I could come in to interview. I interviewed the next day and it went really well. She had me go to the back and sit down with her. She had my application in front of her and a sheet of common questions they ask. She asked me about my previous employment experiences (which are both life guarding positions so don't worry about previous jobs). She just wanted to know what I gained through working those positions. She asked me about an experience I've had that I'm proud of. She asked me about school and my future plans in life. After the interview process she had me take a quick personality test that helps position their employees. I got a call four days later that I got the job and I had orientation two weeks later. Overall it went very well and was pretty easy.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2014.

group interview, just asked basic questions, there was only one other person in my group so it was kind of intimidating, but the questions were easy, just smile and say positive things

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

I walked in to turn in an application and I got interviewed on the spot. They had me take a "survey" at the cash register and it asked me to check the box's next to the words that described me and then the next page was to check the box next to the words that described how I thought you should act at work. After that the manager proceeded to ask me a couple simple questions. I got a call two days later from another one of the managers offering me the job. I accepted. That following Sunday they had me come in to the store at 8:00 am with three other new hires for our "orientation" we all sat at a table and watched training videos and read over the employee work book. They provided doughnuts and candy for us to eat while we got to know each other. Once the store opened we got trained by some senior associates on how to do simple tasks. They had my schedule ready and I started a part time position about a week after the orientation.

Interview Questions
    • When are you available to start working?   View Answer
    • Do you have a reliable means of transportation?   View Answer
    • What is your current availability?   View Answer
    • Check the box next to the words the describe you.   View Answer
    • Check the box next to the words that describe how you think you should act at work.   View Answer
    She said there was a possibility to negotiate my pay but I was too stupid to ask for more money!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

You have a group interview in which they look at how you're interacting with the other people while waiting on the manager to come up to you. They will ask each of you a different question. It's very low key. I wore their brand of clothing during the interview. It's not hard at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to help someone.   Answer Question
    No negotiation; minimum wage