American Eagle Outfitters

Getting the Interview

198 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Albany, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very laid back. I applied during the holiday season, and after handing in my application, I was scheduled to come in for an interview. The manager reviewed my application and asked me some basic questions (why I chose AEO, what my personal style was, what experience I had). The interview lasted all of five to ten minutes, and then I was scheduled to come in for a training day.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was probably why I chose American Eagle, mostly because they spring it on your so quickly you're not expecting it!   View Answer

Framingham Center, MA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in January 2010.

Interview Details – You go in and fill out a form. If they like you then they will ask you right then and there when you can come in for an interview that week. If they say they will call you back, it's a lie.

Interview Question – Have you worked in retail?   Answer Question

Kingston, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details – single one on one interview

Interview Question – A time when you delivered exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details – Interview was very laid back and relaxed. I went in and handed in my application and they set up an interview right away I was trying to get a part time position. At my interview we sat in the food court and he asked me very regular questions such as why would I want to work there? what would I consider my personal style? what are my strengths and weakness'? just simple things. American eagle is looking to hire laid back relaxed people so when asked how you would describe yourself? that would be the correct answer. They called me about 2 hours after my interview and told me that I got the job.

Interview Question – Favorite current trend?   View Answer

Interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters

Interview Details – Went into the store, asked for an application, talked to the assistant manager, I got a call to come in for an interview and then got the job

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in June 2013.

Interview Details – Group Interview with anywhere from 5 to 12 people. Very easy interview just smile a lot and act very friendly. Questions are like Why do you want to work for American Eagle, Describe your style, once all the questions are asked they led half of the group outside and said they will call them back. The remaining people were interviewed again by another person. More technical questions like what would you do in this situation

Interview Question – Describe a time when you experienced bad costumer service and what would you have done insstead   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very simple just be confident and past experience is a plus

Auburn, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in March 2013.

Interview Details – It honestly was not that difficult of an interview. They mainly asked behavioral based questions based on how you would do with customers and other sales areas. There are plenty of opportunities to say something about your schoolwork and how it would pertain to the job. They mainly just want to make sure that you are a friendly individual.

Interview Question – When was a time that you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in April 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume in person. I was interviewed right there on the spot by the assistant store manager and then the store manager. I explained to the store manager how motivated I was and would show how I was an asset to the company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Manchester, NH

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in April 2012.

Interview Details – Fill out the application in the store, speak with a manager when you hand it in, then you take part in one or two interviews with the General Manager or hiring manager. The people are nice and relaxed. Be happy and nice!

Interview Question – They ask how you stay up to date with current trends   Answer Question

Interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters

Interview Details – group interview with many other candidates. Interview conducted in an around the table fashion. They did not say it was a going to be a group interview. approximately an hour long with two interviewers. Questions mostly behavioral and experienced based. Interviewers were decent, patient and attentive. They mostly tried to guage character and sense level of experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to deal with an uneasy customer.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Eagle Outfitters

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Eagle Outfitters Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 198 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Eagle Outfitters employees and interview candidates.