American Eagle Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I applied in store then a few days later got a call back. I was interviewed right at the cash register. It was very weird to be interviewed while customers were shopping but it was my first job so I went with it. I was hired right on the spot. A few days after that I was employed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I was walking around the mall and I thought I'd ask if AE was hiring. So I walked in and asked the cashier if they were hiring and he told me that they're always taking applications; he gave me one and advised me to talk to the manager when I return the application. It's my luck that the manager was working at the time so I went ahead and introduced myself. She asked me my availability and asked me to do this survey. After that she scheduled me an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Melbourne, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I've always loved AE, so when I was going around picking up applications and applying at places, I stopped by and asked for an application. I brought it back the next day. About a month went by before I heard anything, and when they called they asked me to come in for an interview. It was a group of five girls, including myself.

The manager took us into the back room where we sat in a circle, went around the circle asking us questions. Overall, the interview was easy and relaxed. She didn't really ask anything out of the ordinary, and she was very nice.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I picked up an application at the store and brought it back a few days later and spoke to the manager. She had me answer a few questions about availability and experience in retail. I was hired on the spot. It wasn't in any way a formal interview and probably only lasted about 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online for jobs at three different places. About 2 weeks later, I got an email stating that I should attend their job fair at one of the locations in a couple days, so I did. We were told to wear business casual. They said jeans were acceptable i.e. wear american eagle. There was an array of outfits--some were stricter business casual and others dressed more casual like the typical AE employee--either I'm sure was fine. There was a decent line. They called us out and everyone was interviewed one-on-one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Traverse City, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied in person. They called me within a few days to set up an interview. When I went in, the manager had me wait for a few minutes. They were obviously very busy and seemed kind of stressed. She eventually came over and explained that they were having issues with a new system and were super behind. She asked if I could come in later and I agreed. I completely understood. When I came in later that day she interviewed me on the sales floor. It was super relaxed and fun. The interview was a breeze and she offered me a job.

Interview Questions

• What celebrity do you look at as a fashion inspiration?   1 Answer
    • How would you help a girl who was shopping for her boyfriend?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

There were fashion questions asked. Also asked about what kind of extra curricular activities that I do at school and my involvement. The interview was easy. Speak clearly and explain with detail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I received a call and two days later went in for an interview. This was my second interview for AE the first one I didn't get hired but this time around I received the job . The overall experience was great. I was really excited to go

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about 4 days later and was asked questions like my prior work experience and my knowledge of fashion then was asked to come into a group interview and got called for an individual interview

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service, name a bad experience as a customer then as an employee and a good experience, what would you do if there's a bunch of tasks to be handled with your team   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodhaven, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Woodhaven, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It was fairly quick. We went into a room and the manager asked about 6 questions and after said thank you for coming and if anything we will call. It wasn't a nerve wrecking experience and she was friendly.