American Eagle Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015
Updated Apr 5, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I applied in person and was given an interview the next day. I meet with the hiring manager and she asked me typical interview questions and they try to get a feel for what kind of a person you are. Also they have you take a personality test to see where you would fit in at. At the end I had to sell her an outfit.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is stealing what do you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Sevierville, TN).

Interview

I came in and filled out an application, then a manager came and spoke to me and asked about my past work experience, then about some of my qualities, then offered me the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Johnstown, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was under five minutes, they talked to me in front of the store with very simple questions. Be friendly, they are only trying to understand you and your skills better.

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview. The hiring manager focused on one person more than the other.Strict rules on how to dress. The wait for the interview took longer then it should be. The hiring manager was very nice though. You must shop there and be a loyal customer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I applied to American Eagle as a part-time sales associate in October and about 2 weeks later I got a call for an interview. I sat down in the corner of the store with a manager and after a few questions he told me I was hired. However, he told me I would be a seasonal employee because I did not have any previous experience in retail, but if they liked me, they would offer me a part-time position. I was thrilled to even be offered a seasonal position. He told me that my first day would be Black Friday, which I did not have a problem with. After my first shift, I asked how I would find out my hours every week. They told me to call every week and they would tell me when I was scheduled. For about 2 weeks I called and I was not put on the schedule. The 3rd week I called, they had told me that they never meant to hire me as a seasonal employee. They just wanted me to work on Black Friday.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Sacramento, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied in stores and the process took about two weeks. It was a one on one interview in the mall. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. I was asked very basic retail questions and then in return I got to ask questions. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and I was told I got the job right after.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to present yourself in front of a large group or audience.
      What extracurricular activities do you do outside of work and school?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Modesto, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Super easy, however the hiring manager seemed rushed and didn't care much about the groups responses. She didn't really tell us much about the company, or that it was only a part clothing company/credit card company. She also informed us that if we get hired to not bother her if she's busy because it 'annoys her'.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I gave in my resume in person , the manager looked at it and said to call back in two weeks. They actually called the n3xt day. It was a group interview with 6 people and there were 6 managers.The interview went good. Just be confident

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Process was fairly easy. After handing in my application, I was asked to go to the computer and complete a survey that basically analyzes your work style and ethics. Then, a group interview was conducted with basic questions like "How would you describe your personal style?" and "What experience do you have working with others?". Just relax, act cool, and dress trendy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

Was called to schedule for an interview a few days after turning in my application in store. Had a group interview later that weekend. The interview/hiring process was fairly quick.