American Eagle Outfitters

American Eagle Outfitters Sales Interview Questions

1.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Fill out a job application and provide a resume. There really wasn't much to the interview process. They liked my resume and had me fill out a 2 part questionare that asked what I think the company expects from me, ie: being outgoing, professional, etc. And the second was how I see myself. This is strictly a personality test to see where you fit into the store the best.

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in May 2009.

The interview began by phone - i was called after dropping a resume in person at the store i was interested in.

The person who phoned asked me a few questions about me, my career goals and interests. Then she invited me to a group interview a couple of days later.

At the group interview were about 3 guys and 6 girls. Some people were also seen leaving the location ( before business hours) presumably having been to an earlier group interview.

We were all greeted and asked to introduce ourselves to the others and tell a detail about ourselves, such as where we go to school, etc.

There was a casual group discussion ;ed by the interviewer, about retail fashion, and what it is like to work in a shop, past experience, applicable courses like fash merch, etc.

Then we were asked to assemble three looks for three hypothetical customers and gather the outfit pieces from around the store in a few minutes. We had to present our looks and 'sell' them to the rest of the group, why we had chosen those items, how they were relevant to the season and trend, as well as why they were right to the client, etc.

That was the most fun part, and i really enjoyed it, but some people cleary were somewhat uncomfortable with presenting their ideas. Some people really did not create a complete 'look'.

At this point another interviewer who had been observing came out and thanked certain applicants who were allowed to leave, and others were asked to stay for a 1:1 interview with a manager.

I was interviewed in the stockroom by a female manager and allowed to ask anything i wanted about salary, hours, culture, training, etc.
    She was very nice and had recently moved to continue her career with the company after several years in another city.

She asked for my references and permission for security background check. She also gave me a packet to read about the company rules and dress code, etc.

Basically she said if all checked out i could be working with them within the week.

I received a call two days later offering me the job and advising that the offer was only for a few hours per week to start.

I needed a full time opportunity at that time but would consider this company in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Can you please create a look now for a hypothetical customer based on several criteria ( i.e. season, age, fave activities, interests, body type, etc.) with accessories and sell it to the group in a presentation?   View Answer

The offer was for 2hours per week to start. I was looking for a full time position and decided i needed to consider other offers instead.