American Eagle Outfitters

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in July 2013.

After handing in a completed application, I was asked to come back a few days later for a group interview. At this interview, it was me and another teenager. We were asked the basics: tell me about you, why do you want to work here, and why AE and not another retailer in the mall. After getting satisfactory answers from both of us, the hiring manager asked us both if we could come back 2 days later for another interview with the store manager. HINT: When the hiring manager asks if you can come back in 2 days for basically your final interview, DON'T tell her you have plans and CAN'T make it that day. That's what the other guy did. He told her he had plans and wouldn't be able to make a second appointment 2 days later, told her he would let her know about the 2nd date she gave him, and told her he was on vacation on the 3rd date! Me,,, I told the hiring manager I would absolutely be able to make the 2nd appointment. At that 2nd appointment, the store manager asked me things like what would I do if I saw a customer stealing, tell me why we should hire you over other applicants, then she picked up a polo and told me to sell it to her. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
No real negotiation,,, they said congratulations, we'd like to offer you a position, and said the rate was $7.75/hour.