American Eagle Outfitters

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Stock Associate

I applied online and interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details – It was unexpectedly well. He was a cool guy that also like to workout and seems to enjoy his job

Interview Question – None. I answered all questions fairly easy. Others had more difficulty but i was good.   Answer Question

Stock Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details – After applying online I received a phone call about a week later, conducted a phone interview, was invited to a group interview.

Interview Question – They asked, "Give us an example of bad customer service", give them a situation where you had an interaction with an employee and how it affected good customer service   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details – I was informed by a friend that American Eagle Outfitters were hiring for seasonal positions. Two days later, I went into the store and looked around for a bit. I admit, I was a bit nervous to ask for an application but once I approached an employee, he asked, "What took so long?" I replied, "I was also window shopping." It's good to keep in mind that the moment you walk into the store, they look at you and assume you're either shopping or too nervous to ask for an application. Luckily, the employee that I asked for an application turned out to be the Hiring Manager and scored some points with a few jokes here and there. I went out and filled out the application that same day.

Upon returning, he went over my availability to see how free I am. By now I figured they hire based on availability. He then mentioned that there's going to be two group interviews next Sunday at 1PM and 3PM. I went with 1PM. That following Sunday, I arrived early and scored some more points with the Hiring Manager. It's also good to smile and have some witty lines here and there. But as time passed, no one else showed and I ended up being the only one there. He took me upstairs for a 1 on 1 interview, in which was easy. Questions were, "Why do you want to work here" and "Give me a time where you had both good and bad customer service." I was honest and I believed he admired that. The interview went quick. Midway on him escorting me out, he said that he was taking me on and that I shouldn't look for another job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In California, minimum wage is 10.55/hr. Holidays are 15.88/hr. Didn't complain and/or negotiate.

Interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters

Interview Details – It was an easy process. Just having a persona and personality can get you any job , Such as this one.

Interview Question – Why do you think AE is the right place for you?   Answer Question

Stock Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details – It was okay. i gave my resume to the manager and she gave me an on the spot interview, very brief. She said she was gonna give my resume to her HR Manager. two days later i got a call for a group interview. The interview cool. everyone was pretty much laid back and i made sure i stood out. couple hours later after i got home, i got the job with an offer.

Interview Question – What do I like about AE?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Eagle Outfitters

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Eagle Outfitters Stock Associate interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Eagle Outfitters employees and interview candidates.