American Eagle Outfitters Store Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

2.5

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2013.

Applied on craigslist. Had a short interview with DM. That day had a call for a second interview a few days later started the following Monday.

I got what I asked for they told me it was more than usual. Go to find out was paid a kot less than usual

Other Interview Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in August 2013.

Be prepared to have several interviews. Ask why the previous manager left and what was there successes and opportunities. They will ask scenario questions. Be prepared to be analyzed and questioned on all your decision making and time management. They want superman so give it your best shot.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to explain each answer and then waiting to know why I would make that decision. On every scenario it was the same thing.   View Answer

I don't want to work for someone that after I answered a question I'm ask to explain each answer. They weren't interested in me just my ability to do a job. Tells me there not much into there people.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in August 2009.

Was approached by a former boss and initial communication was engaging, dealing with the paperwork process was rather tedious and disorganized and a bit slow.

Interview Questions
    • What would be my top priorities to drive comp sales   View Answer
    I got a fair deal but no opportunity to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in October 2011.

Asks personal questions:
    Why do you want to work here?
    Where have you worked before?
    Is there anything i should know about you?
    How would you approach a customer?
    Do you go to school? or have other activities?

Interview Questions
    • How would you/why would you be a great addition to our staff?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in July 2009.

Was internally promoted. Still believe I was hired on the people I knew and impressed rather than accomplishments, education, or prior experience. Was promised salary, advancement opportunity, and bonuses that never came true. Interviewer lied about leadership style and what day to day life would consist of.

Interview Questions
    • If you were an animal, which would you be and why?   View Answer
    No negotiation was accepted. Take it or leave it scenario

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Usually interview with the District Manager (very vague questions) and the Regional Manager (much more focused on how you react to visits, speak to visits, and react to the pressure of visits). Will question your prior visual background and business acumen skills. Overall the interview is more about how you react to the questions, then the answers themselves.

Interview Questions
    • When you had your last Corporate Visit, how would you say your Regional Manager reacted to the visit? Was it positive or negative, and why?   View Answer
    They always try to start around 40,000 but an experienced person can garner an additional 10,000-20,000 without much problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in March 2009.

Applied online, had initial phone interview with recruiter. They asked typical "get-to-know-you" questions. Then had a series of personality/skills tests. Had a 1:1 interview with District Manager. Offered job.

Interview Questions
    Yes, always negotiate.....there is always room! It is easier to ask for it now than later!

Store Manager Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2010.

Received a phone call and had a phone interview. Then met one on one. Answered questions. Got hired.

Not negotiable.

Store Manager Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in May 2011.

Extremely easy, everyone was polite and excited about bringing new people on board.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do in your free time?   View Answer

The talent level that they currently had on staff for management wasn't top talent, I know that they were starting to make changes. With those changes sometimes you need to cut ties to people who have been there for a while or develop and empower them into the leader that they should be.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in February 2010.

It was pretty easy. It was just super disorganized so it took a long time. I actually took another position thinking I wasn't going to hear back. I guess they actually hadn't fired the person I was being interviewed to replace.

No room for negotiating.

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!