American Equity Mortgage

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Equity Mortgage.

They just want to hear that you're driven and money hungry. If you speak well and are confident you will have a great shot. You interview on the 12th floor in a nice office and see employees dressed well. It's only an illusion of success. Everyone working there makes 30K a year.

Interview Questions
    • Provide examples of challenges you've faced and overcame along with production numbers of sales in the past.   Answer Question
    None.

Licensed Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

I applied online – interviewed at American Equity Mortgage in July 2013.

Alot of exaggerated promises about making 50-60K a year. You are only given a meak salary of 12.00/hr with overblown promises on making six figures a year if you do well.
    You will most likely only meet with the current branch manager for the interview - then have to go 3-4 weeks studying for the MLS license - so you wont even have a chance to start realy working till your 2nd or 3rd month.

Interview Questions
    • You are then placed in a small office where the atmosphere is like that of a boiler room. You are expected to make between 90-100 calls a day and take at least 2 applications - or be leary of being fired. I cant tell you how many people have come in and out of that company...its rediculous.   Answer Question

because of all the negative reviews about the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Equity Mortgage in July 2013.

Branch manager called me about the position and asked about little bit more about the experience related to the position.Then called for an face to face interview at the Indianapolis office. After the interview he wanted to run my back ground check including credit score. I authorized them assuming I will be hired for the position.After that I had a 3H walk around.Finally after a weeks had an interview with VP and learned that they moved forward with another candidate after several attempts.

Interview Questions
    • There is no specific questions. Mostly general questions related the field.   View Answer

Loan Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Equity Mortgage in August 2012.

One in person interview and one phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Just be rah rah. That's what they want. They want young inexperienced easily impressionable types.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase.

Loan Processor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Equity Mortgage in August 2012.

1 round interview with managers.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Equity Mortgage in June 2012.

They call to set up an interview, you go in and interview with 3 managers, take a basic timed math test, and they mail you out an offer. They have a worksheet with questions that they fill out during the interview. First they ask you for the answers to the questions, then they ask for explanations and examples.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any one particular interview question, however, I do remember some of them being repetitive.   Answer Question
    Ask for more $. They will low ball you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at American Equity Mortgage in April 2012.

Hired anyone with any experience. They were really just searching for warm bodies with any kind of banking, lending, financial, real estate, or sales experience. I had an awkward feeling when being hired and thought that it was because I had not been in a work place for a while. I was coming back to work after time off from having a child.

Interview Questions
    Was none. You have to accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Equity Mortgage in November 2011.

Very informal and easy interview process. First with BM then with VP.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions (what you bring to table, etc.)   Answer Question
    12.15/HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a weekinterviewed at American Equity Mortgage in September 2010.

The interviewing process at American Equity Mortgage was very professional. I first did a short phone interview that led to a face to face interview the branch manager. The branch manager had been with the company for 14 years and was very thorough in the interview. I felt he really tried to find out if I would be a good fit for the company, and he asked many good questions. He also told me everything about the comany, and he answered all my questions. I really feel it was a very professional first interview. He set a 2nd interview with his assistant manager that was very professional and first class as well. I then got to sit with an acutal mortgage consultant to see what my day to day duties would look like. I asked the mortgage consultant many questions that he answered very well. I gained a real understanding of the culture of the company which was very positive. I felt the interview process was very refresshing and thorough.

Interview Questions
    • Why would I be a good fit for this company and for this position?   Answer Question

Mortgage Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Equity Mortgage in June 2010.

very short first interview (joke) second "interview" was just talking to an employee