American Express Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email to chat with the HR person on the phone. He asked a few typical interview questions as pre-screen. Then came in to the office and met with 4 different people on the team I would join.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had convince/influence a group of people, of which some were your superiors.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Express.

Interview

i applied online, then they emailed me, then i had a phone conversation with an hr contact, then an phone interview with the hiring manager. the final step was to meet in person with the hiring manager. overall the process was easy and enjoyable.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at American Express.

Interview

I had applied for a different position. My resume was forwarded to the financial intelligence unit manager, by whom I was contacted directly. After a phone interview, I was asked to come in for a written assessment. I wish I was given a little more direction. I was told to be specific but s concise as possible. I gave more of a factual summary rather than a story-like narrative. For this reason, I was not offered the position.
    The decision making was quick, and they did inform me I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• I was given a case to read and analyze and asked to create a summary narrative.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a pre-screening phone interview with HR then one in-person interview with 2 managers and 1 director which lasted about an hour. Most questions were behavioral and the atmosphere was relaxed. I sent the follow-up e-mail 2 weeks and were told that the position is cancelled.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express.

Interview

It was an interview with many phases. I met several people. They were all very friendly.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult. It was a very straightforward conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied via campus recruiting and immediately had an interview scheduled the next week. The first interview was on campus and it went very well. The interview is structured in 45 minute interviews with 2 different recruiters. The first 45 minute interview went really well. The questions were behavioral, leadership, teamwork, and some technical questions. The second second 45 minute interview took place immediately after my first one. The questions the second interviewer asked were similar to the first set. In summary, American Express is looking for candidates with good teamwork and leadership experience. Both interviews that day went smooth and it felt like I was having a conversation with a good friend and thats what they want it to be like. I will explain the questions in detail below.

After these two 45 minute interviews I was contacted immediately the next few days regarding an invitation to a final interview on-site in Phoenix AZ. I travelled to Phoenix AZ from Tucson AZ the next week. American Express was kind to pay for my gas and hotel room. The next morning I went to the American Express site around 7:30AM along with a bunch of other University of Arizona and Arizona Statue University candidates going for the same potential positions for Amex. We were lead to a group meeting room and given our schedules for the day. I had my interview immediately that morning. The interview style and process was similar to the first round interview I had on campus. 2 sets of 45 minute interviews with 2 technical mangers. The interview was almost the same style. Asked leadership, technical and teamwork questions. I was very pleased with their professionally, friendliness, knowledge and passion of their field. After both interviews I went on a tour around the beautiful American Express campus. After the tour we were all served a delicious lunch and had a chance to have a chat with the managers present. After all of that we were told when we would hear the news for a follow up offer or denial very soon.

The next week I got word of an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with difficult team members in order to complete a project.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to use your persuasion skills in order to complete a certain task.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to seek someone outside your circle to help you complete a project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how file compression works without destroying or harming the quality of a file.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Met with three or four people--mostly directors and VPs

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Express in June 2010.

Interview

It was well organized.Phone call from HR.Then they call you onsite for 3 rounds of interviews. First goes with the hiring manager, then with the Director level person take the interview and then closes with the HR round

Interview Questions

• HR round - do you share the news with your friends when you are upset   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with Recruiter, was very nice and lasted about 30 minutes. Make sure you do research on what position you are applying for, so you can show them that you understand the job qualifications. Also, apply your prior experience to the job qualifications, so they see you have had pas "experience" in those fields.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. Initially I went through 3 telephonic rounds with hr, TL and Director. Then they asked me to have face-to-face round.

I then again had a discussion with TL, Director, VP and HR and they all gave positive response because I already had an offer from a big product company but a common question that they all asked me was 'what is the minimum salary that you can join at'. I had given them the number I was expecting right in my first telephonic round.

They then never came back. After 2 weeks I called up HR for the update and he said that he hasn't received any feedback yet but it looks he might not be able to proceed with it.

This was highly unprofessional of them because they already knew my expectation and still they asked me to come for face-to-face and then couldn't give the expected salary.