American Express Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2014

2.6

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express.

It was an interview with many phases. I met several people. They were all very friendly.

Interview Questions
  • There was nothing difficult. It was a very straightforward conversation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express in October 2013.

I applied via campus recruiting and immediately had an interview scheduled the next week. The first interview was on campus and it went very well. The interview is structured in 45 minute interviews with 2 different recruiters. The first 45 minute interview went really well. The questions were behavioral, leadership, teamwork, and some technical questions. The second second 45 minute interview took place immediately after my first one. The questions the second interviewer asked were similar to the first set. In summary, American Express is looking for candidates with good teamwork and leadership experience. Both interviews that day went smooth and it felt like I was having a conversation with a good friend and thats what they want it to be like. I will explain the questions in detail below.

After these two 45 minute interviews I was contacted immediately the next few days regarding an invitation to a final interview on-site in Phoenix AZ. I travelled to Phoenix AZ from Tucson AZ the next week. American Express was kind to pay for my gas and hotel room. The next morning I went to the American Express site around 7:30AM along with a bunch of other University of Arizona and Arizona Statue University candidates going for the same potential positions for Amex. We were lead to a group meeting room and given our schedules for the day. I had my interview immediately that morning. The interview style and process was similar to the first round interview I had on campus. 2 sets of 45 minute interviews with 2 technical mangers. The interview was almost the same style. Asked leadership, technical and teamwork questions. I was very pleased with their professionally, friendliness, knowledge and passion of their field. After both interviews I went on a tour around the beautiful American Express campus. After the tour we were all served a delicious lunch and had a chance to have a chat with the managers present. After all of that we were told when we would hear the news for a follow up offer or denial very soon.

The next week I got word of an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to deal with difficult team members in order to complete a project.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to use your persuasion skills in order to complete a certain task.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to seek someone outside your circle to help you complete a project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how file compression works without destroying or harming the quality of a file.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Met with three or four people--mostly directors and VPs

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Express in June 2010.

It was well organized.Phone call from HR.Then they call you onsite for 3 rounds of interviews. First goes with the hiring manager, then with the Director level person take the interview and then closes with the HR round

Interview Questions
    • HR round - do you share the news with your friends when you are upset   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at American Express in November 2009.

Interviewed with Recruiter, was very nice and lasted about 30 minutes. Make sure you do research on what position you are applying for, so you can show them that you understand the job qualifications. Also, apply your prior experience to the job qualifications, so they see you have had pas "experience" in those fields.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express in December 2013.

I was referred by an employee. Initially I went through 3 telephonic rounds with hr, TL and Director. Then they asked me to have face-to-face round.

I then again had a discussion with TL, Director, VP and HR and they all gave positive response because I already had an offer from a big product company but a common question that they all asked me was 'what is the minimum salary that you can join at'. I had given them the number I was expecting right in my first telephonic round.

They then never came back. After 2 weeks I called up HR for the update and he said that he hasn't received any feedback yet but it looks he might not be able to proceed with it.

This was highly unprofessional of them because they already knew my expectation and still they asked me to come for face-to-face and then couldn't give the expected salary.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Express in December 2013.

1 written test + 3 Rounds of interview - on campus

Interview Questions
    • Everything from Resume, advantages and dis-advantages of variations from projects in resume. Applying ML on case studies   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Express.

Consisted of 2 HR rounds and a technical round. The hiring process is time taking but joinings are prompt. What kills the whole experience though are the salary packages offered, which range from disappointing to outright demeaning. Whats worse is that the arrogant HR department tries to coax you to join at such salaries by playing mind games. Its as if they just want to fill the position by hook or by crook.

Interview Questions

The stupid 'not more than 30% raise policy'. Packages offered show that recession has hit the company hard and caused a shift from qualitative hiring to quantitative hiring. This justifies the rapid increase in dissatisfied customers venting out their anger on their facebook page. A core luxury services company without quality people, its a sinking ship. They show you the non-existent dream of working for a company like Amex in an attempt to cover up for the meagre compensation packages offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express.

I had three rounds. First, with the junior HR, then the team leader and finally the senior HR after which there was a domain proficiency test and finally, I was given the offer letter which was not at all at par with industry standards and therefore, declined.

Interview Questions

They have an archaic HR policy according to which they cannot give a raise of more than 30% above your previous salary no matter what profile you may be hired for. It was so absurd I just could not resist declining it.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Express in June 2010.

The initial contact was made by telephone. After a few questions regarding my resume, the human resources representative scheduled a second interview with a manager.