American Express Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Express.

Interview

CV Screening +Telephonic + In Person

The interview process is really relaxed, focus on academics and CV more and less on the interview.

Telling your friend to refer you and also talk for you to the hiring manager helps greatly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since the salaries offered are below the industry standards most new hires take a pay-cut..

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express.

Interview

lengthy long interview process you meet with various members of your would be team
    There is a phone interview from recruiter
    Then you will meet with about 4-5 folks from the team
    Then hopefully you become hired

Negotiation

not much room for negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Express (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2013.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. Initial was a phone interview with HR. This was a screening interview to take the candidate pool from about 100 to 6. The initial interview consisted of a lot of "tell me a time when..." questions. It took about 45 minutes.
    The second interview was with two of the team members. This interview consisted of a lot of situational questions, such as, how would you handle this situation. I had 4 of these questions, then answered a lot of general questions about myself and my history. This interview took about an hour and a half.
    I was not selected for the final round of interviews, but my understanding from them is that it is just a formality to make sure you would fit in well, and the manager hires the one (of two or three) that are selected for that final round.

Interview Questions

• The situational questions took a lot of set up. The most difficult one dealt with how I would handle the situation when a very important customer and I were working on a team together. I felt 100% certain I was right, but he was adamant he was. How would you resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Wired! They interviewed me for a position they already filled. I was asked by a recruiter to apply for a new business analyst role, after two months they suddenly made an appearance with a phone scree and a show onsite for the job which had been filled previous week. I am surprised at AMEX culture.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

It is a contractor position. I had a phone interview with a manager, asking about my background and some details of used concepts. A group interview in the following week, talked about pretty much the same as that in phone interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at American Express (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

They cancelled my interview thrice due to unavailability of manager & director who was supposed to take my interview. They scheduled it thrice and cancelled it at their own convenience. Disgusting Hr's with so unprofessional attitude.

Unprofeesional people & management

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Express.

Interview

Written Round
    Group Discussion
    One on One Rounds with -
    Trainer or Manager or Director or Telephonic (Depending on role)
    2nd round with - Manager or VP or Director (Depending on role)
    Round with HR - always negotiate on your CTC

Interview Questions

• Scenarios from your CV
      Something about yourself which set you apart
      How active are you on the social networking circuit

1 Answer

Negotiation

Smooth and interactive

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Express (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

I got a call from the hiring manager initially. This was for a position in Gurgaon. He explained what the profile is all about and asked about my salary expectations. I then got called in for an in-person interview. I had one face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and after that I had an excel test which was just plain stupid.
     It was about knowing the formula for eliminating blank spaces, using AND OR and IF in one statement. Quite frankly, I don't understand how something that silly should be tested. These things can be picked up in a day.

After clearing this, I had an interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular. Mostly fit-based questions. Your strengths, weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years. The usual rubbish. Just read up about the company.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Express.

Interview

I applied on line on their career website. They contact me by phone and set a 15 minutes phone interview with the recruiter. After this I was asked my availability for a face to face interview with the hiring manager and I was confirmed by phone it would have been the next day and to wait only for the confirmation email (after the manager confirmation about his availability). I never received the email. I wrote to the HR email, but I did not receive any reply. I called to number provided me previously from another recruiter and finally put through the recruiter I spoke to the first time, who explained me they had better candidates for the role and they would have not proceed further with my application. I said it would have been nice from them to send me at least a notification about it, instead of letting hanging in the air for weeks. So much focus and importance to customer care, but then they are not able to send a notification to a person they selected and confirmed verbally for the next step...

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Process was easy. 3 rounds of interviews. Mostly fit questions. Not too technical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself not using things on your resume   Answer Question