American Express Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Express in August 2013.

3 rounds of interviews. Initial was a phone interview with HR. This was a screening interview to take the candidate pool from about 100 to 6. The initial interview consisted of a lot of "tell me a time when..." questions. It took about 45 minutes.
The second interview was with two of the team members. This interview consisted of a lot of situational questions, such as, how would you handle this situation. I had 4 of these questions, then answered a lot of general questions about myself and my history. This interview took about an hour and a half.
I was not selected for the final round of interviews, but my understanding from them is that it is just a formality to make sure you would fit in well, and the manager hires the one (of two or three) that are selected for that final round.

Interview Questions
  • The situational questions took a lot of set up. The most difficult one dealt with how I would handle the situation when a very important customer and I were working on a team together. I felt 100% certain I was right, but he was adamant he was. How would you resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at American Express in July 2013.

Wired! They interviewed me for a position they already filled. I was asked by a recruiter to apply for a new business analyst role, after two months they suddenly made an appearance with a phone scree and a show onsite for the job which had been filled previous week. I am surprised at AMEX culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Express in January 2012.

It is a contractor position. I had a phone interview with a manager, asking about my background and some details of used concepts. A group interview in the following week, talked about pretty much the same as that in phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at American Express in June 2014.

They cancelled my interview thrice due to unavailability of manager & director who was supposed to take my interview. They scheduled it thrice and cancelled it at their own convenience. Disgusting Hr's with so unprofessional attitude.

Unprofeesional people & management

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Express.

Written Round
    Group Discussion
    One on One Rounds with -
    Trainer or Manager or Director or Telephonic (Depending on role)
    2nd round with - Manager or VP or Director (Depending on role)
    Round with HR - always negotiate on your CTC

Interview Questions
    • Scenarios from your CV
      Something about yourself which set you apart
      How active are you on the social networking circuit
        View Answer
    Smooth and interactive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Express in January 2010.

Quite simple and clear

Quite Better

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at American Express.

I got a call from the hiring manager initially. This was for a position in Gurgaon. He explained what the profile is all about and asked about my salary expectations. I then got called in for an in-person interview. I had one face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and after that I had an excel test which was just plain stupid.
     It was about knowing the formula for eliminating blank spaces, using AND OR and IF in one statement. Quite frankly, I don't understand how something that silly should be tested. These things can be picked up in a day.

After clearing this, I had an interview with the director.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular. Mostly fit-based questions. Your strengths, weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years. The usual rubbish. Just read up about the company.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at American Express.

I applied on line on their career website. They contact me by phone and set a 15 minutes phone interview with the recruiter. After this I was asked my availability for a face to face interview with the hiring manager and I was confirmed by phone it would have been the next day and to wait only for the confirmation email (after the manager confirmation about his availability). I never received the email. I wrote to the HR email, but I did not receive any reply. I called to number provided me previously from another recruiter and finally put through the recruiter I spoke to the first time, who explained me they had better candidates for the role and they would have not proceed further with my application. I said it would have been nice from them to send me at least a notification about it, instead of letting hanging in the air for weeks. So much focus and importance to customer care, but then they are not able to send a notification to a person they selected and confirmed verbally for the next step...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express in January 2011.

Had 3 round over the fone. In each of the rounds, I had an case study interview and was asked to explain my resume. Also in one of intrview simple brain teasers were asked

Interview Questions
    • A problem on Baye's theorem in probabi;ity was asked. It was kind o difficult but I was able to solve it   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Process was easy. 3 rounds of interviews. Mostly fit questions. Not too technical.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself not using things on your resume   Answer Question

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!