American Express Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

You setup an online profile through their website. Review and submit for potential job opportunities. If the system selects you as a job match, a talent recruiter contacts you to setup initial phone interview. If you pass that level of the process, then 1:1 personal interviews and group interviews are scheduled. If you pass that level, then a preliminary offer is given and a background check is performed

Interview Questions

• How would you handle resistance by a member of senior leadership to a decision made for process change?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through email and set up a time for phone interview. The next day she called me and the interview last for 20 minutes. She told me that she would tell the director of this group of my phone interview, and the director will decide whether he would like to meet me or not. The whole process took about ten business day.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position? Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

CV Screening +Telephonic + In Person The interview process is really relaxed, focus on academics and CV more and less on the interview. Telling your friend to refer you and also talk for you to the hiring manager helps greatly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since the salaries offered are below the industry standards most new hires take a pay-cut..

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

lengthy long interview process you meet with various members of your would be team There is a phone interview from recruiter Then you will meet with about 4-5 folks from the team Then hopefully you become hired

Negotiation

not much room for negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2013.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. Initial was a phone interview with HR. This was a screening interview to take the candidate pool from about 100 to 6. The initial interview consisted of a lot of "tell me a time when..." questions. It took about 45 minutes. The second interview was with two of the team members. This interview consisted of a lot of situational questions, such as, how would you handle this situation. I had 4 of these questions, then answered a lot of general questions about myself and my history. This interview took about an hour and a half. I was not selected for the final round of interviews, but my understanding from them is that it is just a formality to make sure you would fit in well, and the manager hires the one (of two or three) that are selected for that final round.

Interview Questions

• The situational questions took a lot of set up. The most difficult one dealt with how I would handle the situation when a very important customer and I were working on a team together. I felt 100% certain I was right, but he was adamant he was. How would you resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Wired! They interviewed me for a position they already filled. I was asked by a recruiter to apply for a new business analyst role, after two months they suddenly made an appearance with a phone scree and a show onsite for the job which had been filled previous week. I am surprised at AMEX culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Short, took an assessment and depending on the grade you received a follow up. The test was about an hour and a half to two hours long with business accumen questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

It is a contractor position. I had a phone interview with a manager, asking about my background and some details of used concepts. A group interview in the following week, talked about pretty much the same as that in phone interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

First they asked a few HR questions and then asked a few puzzles followed by SAS basic questions. Then they asked me a few fraud questions and standard processes followed in the industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Amex?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Express (Mumbai (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews after shortlisting candidates from a aptitude test, one with director of a team and second with vice president. Interviewers were very friendly and did not put any pressure on candidate