Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Express
- Financial Analyst (27)
- Customer Care Professional (18)
- Analyst (17)
- Senior Manager (17)
- Software Engineer (15)
- Marketing Analyst (15)
- Business Analyst (13)
- Customer Service Representative (12)
- Director (12)
- HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional (12)
- Intern (11)
- Marketing (11)
- Project Manager (10)
- Customer Care Representative (10)
- Finance Manager (8)
- Travel Counselor (8)
- Team Leader (8)
- Marketing Manager (7)
- Manager (7)
- Marketing Intern (6)
- Senior Marketing Manager (6)
- Programmer Analyst (4)
- Human Resources Manager (4)
- Senior Analyst (4)
- Credit Analyst (4)
- Business Development (4)
- Senior Software Engineer (4)
- Finance (4)
- Business Systems Analyst (4)
- Manager - Risk Management (3)
Business Systems Analyst Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at American Express (Plantation, FL).
Interview process is three step process. Phone screening, then second interview hiring manager typical your manager, then final interview with the director of the department who has the final decision (if you make it this far, this is who you have to wow).
- Have career plan that matches the companies goals and the job posting. Be very clear to answer all questions that are asked because there are multiple questions asked in one each example question your are asked to explain in your work experience. 1 Answer
Be sure to ask what is the pay range before you accept to make sure it is what you expect, very important.
Other Interview Reviews for American Express
Business Systems Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days – interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2010.
It was a 2 round interview process.
The 1st round was functional. It was conducted by the recruiter ( Amex vendor). The main empasis was on documentation approvals, signoffs, compliance and audits.
The 2nd round was behavioral. It was quick easy.
- was your project selected for audit( random review by the PMO of your org.)? 1 Answer
Be prepared for questions like - was your project documentation audited by the PMO ? Did you follow the your company's compliance guide lines for documentation ? Did you take approvals & signoffs from different signatories during diff. phases of SDLC?
Business Systems Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days – interviewed at American Express (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2010.
The interview process was pretty basic. I did have to plan or prepare much at all. I was called by a staffing agency notifying me of the job and asking if I'd be interested in interviewing. I was then contacted by a native German speaking working at Amex who called to initially screen me for how well my German speaking fluency was. I then interviewed with the recruiting manager as well as the German speaking worker I talked to on the phone.
- The most difficult or unexpected question the recruiting manager asked me was if faced with an web-servicing issue, what initial steps would I take to resolve the issue. 1 Answer
Business Systems Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day – interviewed at American Express in December 2009.
They are not the fastest company to organize interview and it depends on who interview you, I was interviewed by the manager, she was cordial but a bit cold, I left the interview a bit nervous a there is no sign of how she feels about the interview. Everything was straight forward, I get answers to most of the questions I asked. Perception at that time is it's quite an organized department.
- Would you be interested to do the same kind of job you were doing before? (not difficult though) Answer Question