American Express

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Express in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty basic. I did have to plan or prepare much at all. I was called by a staffing agency notifying me of the job and asking if I'd be interested in interviewing. I was then contacted by a native German speaking working at Amex who called to initially screen me for how well my German speaking fluency was. I then interviewed with the recruiting manager as well as the German speaking worker I talked to on the phone.

Interview Question – The most difficult or unexpected question the recruiting manager asked me was if faced with an web-servicing issue, what initial steps would I take to resolve the issue.   View Answer

Plantation, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – Interview process is three step process. Phone screening, then second interview hiring manager typical your manager, then final interview with the director of the department who has the final decision (if you make it this far, this is who you have to wow).

Interview Question – Have career plan that matches the companies goals and the job posting. Be very clear to answer all questions that are asked because there are multiple questions asked in one each example question your are asked to explain in your work experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be sure to ask what is the pay range before you accept to make sure it is what you expect, very important.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Express in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was a 2 round interview process.
The 1st round was functional. It was conducted by the recruiter ( Amex vendor). The main empasis was on documentation approvals, signoffs, compliance and audits.
The 2nd round was behavioral. It was quick easy.

Interview Question – was your project selected for audit( random review by the PMO of your org.)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be prepared for questions like - was your project documentation audited by the PMO ? Did you follow the your company's compliance guide lines for documentation ? Did you take approvals & signoffs from different signatories during diff. phases of SDLC?

Business Systems Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at American Express in December 2009.

Interview Details – They are not the fastest company to organize interview and it depends on who interview you, I was interviewed by the manager, she was cordial but a bit cold, I left the interview a bit nervous a there is no sign of how she feels about the interview. Everything was straight forward, I get answers to most of the questions I asked. Perception at that time is it's quite an organized department.

Interview Question – Would you be interested to do the same kind of job you were doing before? (not difficult though)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Express

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!

American Express Videos

American Express – Why Work for Us?

What will you do #foraliving? Welcome to American Express. Here we encourage everyone who works with us to do what they love with pride, share their innovations, and realize their full potential by helping other people… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Express Business Systems Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Express employees and interview candidates.