American Express

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Express in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was pleasant & simple...no real hurdles in interview...single person, one-time interview....interview not relevant to position though...not interviewed by working management...expectations set falsely as to real demands of the job..background check was long & tedious, some workers werent even cleared by the first day of work..

Negotiation Details – No

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – I went online and applied. 1 week later I got a call from a recruiter that set up a phone interview. Phone interview went amazing. I jotted down regular interview questions and answered them b4 the interview so that I knew I would give amazing answers. Got an interview face to face scheduled with phone interview.

Interview Question – Name a time that you had to problem solve a difficult problem at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – just took what they gave me it was 16.65 plus bonus and commision

Phoenix, AZ

The process took 3 days - interviewed at American Express in January 2012.

Interview Details – Easy phone screen interview, followed by an in person interview a couple days later. Decent starting salary, training was 13 weeks long and weird hours. Personality test and behavioral questionnaires for interview. You interview with one person, and then another person comes in to interview you. They give you a tour of the facility. It seems like a great company to work for, lots of security.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Too long of a commute, hours did not work.

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Express

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!

American Express Videos

American Express – Why Work for Us?

What will you do #foraliving? Welcome to American Express. Here we encourage everyone who works with us to do what they love with pride, share their innovations, and realize their full potential by helping other people… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Express Collections interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Express employees and interview candidates.