American Express

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Plantation, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Express in October 2009.

Interview Details – I initially applied for the customer service rep position on the company's internet website. I only took about a week and a half before being contacted via phone. I scheduled an interview. Once I arrived at the company, they require you to complete an electronic personality test.

Interview Question – Nothing was out of the norm.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wasn't a fan of the process & I had a better offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Customer Service Interview

Interviewed at American Express

Interview Details – Applied online, completed application and lengthy assessments. Recruiter called next day to make appt for phone interview two days later. After phone interview of standard behavioral questions, recruiter invited me for interview at local office. Met with hiring manager who went over my resume and experience at length. Then asked 5 or 6 behavioral questions - nothing too difficult, usual call center questions. However, be prepared. Know as much as possible about the company, be able to answer why you want to work there. Ask a couple intelligent questions that show you respect the brand and are looking for the opportunity to grow with the company. Also, ASK for the job at the end. I told the manager I looked forward to hearing back from her with a hiring decision but briefly reiterated why I was the best candidate and that I was eager to start. Send a thank you note same day.

Interview Question – The usual questions regarding how you would show a customer that he is important, how you would handle an irate customer, how you would provide service that is above/beyond, how you would handle yourself if you make a mistake, and give a time you had a challenging situation and how you handled it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was fair, I did not negotiate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Express

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!

American Express Videos

American Express – Why Work for Us?

What will you do #foraliving? Welcome to American Express. Here we encourage everyone who works with us to do what they love with pride, share their innovations, and realize their full potential by helping other people… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Express Customer Service interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by American Express employees and interview candidates.