American Express

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express in October 2009.

I initially applied for the customer service rep position on the company's internet website. I only took about a week and a half before being contacted via phone. I scheduled an interview. Once I arrived at the company, they require you to complete an electronic personality test.

Interview Questions

I wasn't a fan of the process & I had a better offer.

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Customer Service Interview

Applied online, completed application and lengthy assessments. Recruiter called next day to make appt for phone interview two days later. After phone interview of standard behavioral questions, recruiter invited me for interview at local office. Met with hiring manager who went over my resume and experience at length. Then asked 5 or 6 behavioral questions - nothing too difficult, usual call center questions. However, be prepared. Know as much as possible about the company, be able to answer why you want to work there. Ask a couple intelligent questions that show you respect the brand and are looking for the opportunity to grow with the company. Also, ASK for the job at the end. I told the manager I looked forward to hearing back from her with a hiring decision but briefly reiterated why I was the best candidate and that I was eager to start. Send a thank you note same day.

Interview Questions
    • The usual questions regarding how you would show a customer that he is important, how you would handle an irate customer, how you would provide service that is above/beyond, how you would handle yourself if you make a mistake, and give a time you had a challenging situation and how you handled it.   View Answer
    The offer was fair, I did not negotiate.