Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Express
- Financial Analyst (34)
- Customer Care Professional (34)
- Software Engineer (23)
- HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional (22)
- Senior Manager (21)
- Analyst (20)
- Business Analyst (20)
- Marketing Analyst (19)
- Director (16)
- Customer Service Representative (14)
- Project Manager (12)
- Intern (12)
- Marketing (12)
- Travel Counselor (12)
- Customer Care Representative (11)
- Finance Manager (9)
- Manager (9)
- Team Leader (8)
- Marketing Manager (8)
- Senior Marketing Manager (7)
- Marketing Intern (6)
- Lead Technical Architect (5)
- Senior Software Engineer (5)
- Senior Analyst (5)
- Credit Analyst (5)
- Data Analyst (5)
- Business Systems Analyst (5)
- Vice President (4)
- Technical Project Manager (4)
- Project Analyst (4)
Customer Service Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Sterling Heights, MI) in April 2015.
Applied online and answered basic questions. Then a recruiter for screening competencies. Then in interview, competency based interviewing process. Usually a minimum of 2 people leading interview. Need to have specific examples and scenarios to provide interviewer. Do your research on the position and group.
- What type of leader are you? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for American Express
Customer Service InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Plantation, FL) in October 2009.
I initially applied for the customer service rep position on the company's internet website. I only took about a week and a half before being contacted via phone. I scheduled an interview. Once I arrived at the company, they require you to complete an electronic personality test.
- Nothing was out of the norm. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I wasn't a fan of the process & I had a better offer.
Customer Service InterviewAccepted Offer
Applied online, completed application and lengthy assessments. Recruiter called next day to make appt for phone interview two days later. After phone interview of standard behavioral questions, recruiter invited me for interview at local office. Met with hiring manager who went over my resume and experience at length. Then asked 5 or 6 behavioral questions - nothing too difficult, usual call center questions. However, be prepared. Know as much as possible about the company, be able to answer why you want to work there. Ask a couple intelligent questions that show you respect the brand and are looking for the opportunity to grow with the company. Also, ASK for the job at the end. I told the manager I looked forward to hearing back from her with a hiring decision but briefly reiterated why I was the best candidate and that I was eager to start. Send a thank you note same day.
- The usual questions regarding how you would show a customer that he is important, how you would handle an irate customer, how you would provide service that is above/beyond, how you would handle yourself if you make a mistake, and give a time you had a challenging situation and how you handled it. 1 Answer
The offer was fair, I did not negotiate.