Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Express
- Financial Analyst (27)
- Customer Care Professional (18)
- Analyst (17)
- Senior Manager (17)
- Software Engineer (15)
- Marketing Analyst (15)
- Business Analyst (13)
- Customer Service Representative (12)
- Director (12)
- Intern (11)
- Marketing (11)
- Project Manager (10)
- Customer Care Representative (10)
- HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional (10)
- Finance Manager (8)
- Travel Counselor (8)
- Team Leader (8)
- Marketing Manager (7)
- Manager (7)
- Marketing Intern (6)
- Senior Marketing Manager (6)
- Programmer Analyst (4)
- Human Resources Manager (4)
- Senior Analyst (4)
- Credit Analyst (4)
- Business Development (4)
- Senior Software Engineer (4)
- Finance (4)
- Business Systems Analyst (4)
- Manager - Risk Management (3)
Executive Assistant Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in March 2014.
I had one very long interview during which I met the two executives I would be supporting. Most of the interview consisted of being shown why there is a need for the position I was being considered for. A few questions about what my strengths and weaknesses would be within this position.
- Do you look at this job opportunity as a career or as a stepping stone along your career path? 1 Answer
I was able to negotiate on salary. Be fair and they will be fair as well.
Other Interview Reviews for American Express
Executive Assistant InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in March 2011.
I got the initial interview through a recruiter which was an in-person interview. Questions were very basic and situational. That was followed by two more phone interviews that asked almost the EXACT same questions. That was followed by one more in-person interview which was again, consisted of basically the same questions.
- Name a time when you had to make a decision on your boss' behalf, even if you knew your boss wouldn't approve. 1 Answer
No negotiation---I was sent an offer letter that I could either accept or decline.