American Express Executive Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was consist of three rounds, each persons interviewed me on a 1:1 basis. Firm hand shake and formal attire. Interviewer asked a random series of questions. I had a chance to be interviewed by the hiring leader. Most time was taken by hiring leader. The process lasted about 30-40 minutes. Because I interviewed for an Executive Assistant position, the questions and interviewing process strictly surrounded the EA role. The hiring leader made me very comfortable, occasionally smiled and gave me time to think before answering any questions. It was told upfront that their were several candidates applied for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe skill set and the range of knowledge., ie., intermediate, advance or expert.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I had one very long interview during which I met the two executives I would be supporting. Most of the interview consisted of being shown why there is a need for the position I was being considered for. A few questions about what my strengths and weaknesses would be within this position.

Interview Questions

• Do you look at this job opportunity as a career or as a stepping stone along your career path?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate on salary. Be fair and they will be fair as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I got the initial interview through a recruiter which was an in-person interview. Questions were very basic and situational. That was followed by two more phone interviews that asked almost the EXACT same questions. That was followed by one more in-person interview which was again, consisted of basically the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a decision on your boss' behalf, even if you knew your boss wouldn't approve.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation---I was sent an offer letter that I could either accept or decline.