American Express

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Express in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had one very long interview during which I met the two executives I would be supporting. Most of the interview consisted of being shown why there is a need for the position I was being considered for. A few questions about what my strengths and weaknesses would be within this position.

Interview Question – Do you look at this job opportunity as a career or as a stepping stone along your career path?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate on salary. Be fair and they will be fair as well.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express in March 2011.

Interview Details – I got the initial interview through a recruiter which was an in-person interview. Questions were very basic and situational. That was followed by two more phone interviews that asked almost the EXACT same questions. That was followed by one more in-person interview which was again, consisted of basically the same questions.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to make a decision on your boss' behalf, even if you knew your boss wouldn't approve.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation---I was sent an offer letter that I could either accept or decline.

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!