American Express Finance Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2015

2.5

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, behavioral-based interview process. The hiring leader, VP, associate director, phone screen personnel etc. were all looking to make sure that subject matter expertise was there more than that I had credentials or baseless qualifiers. It felt like a very merit-based interview process and any added enthusiasm or effort to do well on the interviews was met well by them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Was hired out of college through off-campus recruitment. I had two phone interviews, and came in for a Superday where I interviewed with 2 directors. The questions were mostly behavioral. They also asked for any finance experience I had, or why I was interested in corporate finance.

Interview Questions

• How did American Express peform this past quarter   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Finance Analyst Interview

Interview

1. Online application followed by online testing 2. Telephone interview - competency based (30 mins) 3. Assessment Centre - 2 interviews, case study + presentation, group exercise It might look scary like this, but I have to add the most important - people are extremely positive and outgoing, trying to help you do your best and show your skills. A smile is the word that describes best American Express. Best culture, easy to approach people, extremely open and friendly. Best interview experience, great organisation (breakfast, lunch, chat with current placement year analysts)!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult client?   1 Answer