American Express Home Based Customer Care Professional Interview Questions

4.0

Home Based Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Express.

Interview

Initial process regarding interview went rather quickly, within a few days I had the initial phone interview, the in-depth phone interviewer, and then an offer. So the turn around time was fairly quick.

Interview Questions

• Ran into some issues with onboarding as they dropped the ball with following-up, verification of information, etc. Training was comprehensive (almost three months) and most of the trainers were helpful. Things took a turn for the worst once I was done with training and dealing with disrespectful upper management and team leads. They definitely do not embody the values mentioned in the initial hiring stages. I would not recommend this company or this position.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Customer Care Professional - Home Based Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Express (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I saw the job posting on Indeed.com and went to the American Express website to apply and this took about two hours. I receive a confirmation email and waited for a Recruiter to contact me. She contacted me one day later and asked one question, "What is your highest level of education?" And I stated I am beyond high school and a transfer student at a University here in my area and she stated my application stated a degree had been obtained but I explained this in my cover letter. I worked hard in community college to have those credits transferred and to be accepted into a University so when companies feel as though because I'm still in school that means I have a high school diploma it's very belittling. Although the job description read 4 year degree or 4 years of experience in customer service she considered me ineligible for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Express (Tucson, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application and resume online on Thursday. I was able to proceed to the next step immediately but completed the assessment Friday morning. The assessment is pretty long but broken up into sections so if you can't complete it all at once, you can come back to where you left off. Be sure to go back after the assessment is complete to finish the rest of the application. Once it was finished, I received an email saying they had gotten my application and were reviewing it. If my qualifications matched what they were looking for someone would contact me. I was emailed Tuesday late afternoon asking for the best phone interview time, which I schedule first thing Wednesday morning. The recruiter called on time (Eastern Standard Time) and went briefly over the job description, what to expect and asked my preferred time to work. One or both weekend days were required some evenings also but would be a set schedule. Pay was almost $16/ hour plus benefits and they provided most of your work equipment . She asked what was my main reason for applying and if I worked at a job that used workplace metrics. I was also asked if I had held a work at home position before, what my last job was and why I left. The interview was fairly basic and the recruiter was friendly and professional. She asked a couple more questions and then said that a hiring manager would be reviewing candidates later that day and would contact me by the end of tomorrow(Thursday) either by phone to schedule a second interview or with a declination email. The interview took about 40 minutes. I received a generic email Thursday late morning thanking me for my interest but I had not been selected to move forward. Overall, sounded like a great opportunity with room to grow into other positions within the company . You will definitely have to keep up with company standards by staying under your call time and getting consistent excellent feedback for you to remain with the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where provided extraordinary customer service   Answer Question

Home Based Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express.

Interview

Provide online resume. An assessment is required with behavioral questions, customer interaction questions. If you pass the assessment they call you for an initial interview. Interview covers basic job background history questions. They ask you about past customer interactions and experiences. Final interview with a recruiter who uses the star method to ask you questions like... tell me about a customer who was mad and how you handled it.