American Express Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Express.

Was referred by a current employee, who submitted my resume and letter of recommendation online. Was contacted by email a month later for a phone interview, which took place the following month. Phone interview consisted of two 30-minute conversations with department managers that mostly asked technical questions.

Got a call from campus recruiting to attend a Super Day the following week. There were two 45-minute in-person interviews that mostly asked the same questions along with more behavioral ones. The phone interview was actually much harder. In between interviews, you could network with current employees in the field.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you demonstrated leadership to get a task done.
    Describe a website that has a good user experience and another that has a bad one.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Express in March 2013.

One 1 Hour phone interview to gauge problems solving skills, as well as social situation skills

Interview Questions
    • Not too difficult, just weird trying to answer some of the social situations they create for you over a phone   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Express.

Was recruited through the campus career fair and the process consisted of 2 interviews (both behavioral).

The 1st one was an on campus interview right after career fair. It was an hour long interview divided between 2 different half hour sessions. The second one was a phone interview which surprisingly asked a lot of the same questions. The second interview is usually with the leader you will be working under for the summer and a HR rep.

Interview Questions
    • - If you were a manager and you had multiple projects due next week but cannot deliver all of them on time, what would you do.
      - Describe a time you communicated effectively in a team environment.
      - How do you keep up to date with current technology?
      - Describe a time you went above and beyond in a project, class or job.
      - Describe a time you demonstrated leadership to get a task done
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Express.

first round- aptitude+coding
    around 40 students were shortlisted.
    second round- technical + HR simple questions. Their main aim was to check analytical skills.
    question asked to me: "about yourself", "write a c code to display a moving clock". 5 students were selected for last round.
    third round: we had to implement a c code to display a bouncing ball.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Express in August 2014.

Process included a pre-placement talk, followed by a written exam. And then couple of interviews.
    Written exam had aptitude, verbal, some basic c programming questions, 2 sql queries and small write up on team project.
    One technical interview mostly questions posed on puzzles, Java, Sql and dbms. Be prepared to answer questions on some projects.
    One HR round with standard HR questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, pretty much straight forward.   View Answer
    No possibility for negotiation for Internship.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online – interviewed at American Express in May 2014.

I had invited for two interviews in total. During the first interview, I was interviewed by two senior analysts. They asked me few questions like why did I choose their company and my previous internship experience. After a few days, I received call from them asking me for the final interview with the manager. It's overall okay. They were quite friendly during the interview.

Intern Interview

They took a written test , it mostly consisted of thirty aptitude questions and six coding questions to be solved in 90 minutes. Also there was a section on H.R. type questions, like why do you want to join american express, what are the trends in the IT industry you think will have an impact on the future. The shortlisted candidates were grilled through a group discussion, and two personal interviews, shortlisting being done after each round.

Intern Interview

My application was sponsored by another intern. I had a telephone interview. The interviewers went through my resume with me, asking details about work experiences.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had any experience with reporting and performance indicators.   Answer Question