American Express

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Trainer Interview

Customer Service Trainer
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Express in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was over the phone very professional. They call you and have an over phone interview. Then you interview with a director. If they like you they will let you know after interview with director.

Interview Question – I don't remember the exact question asked prepare par situations.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Express in August 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very detailed and very lengthy, First I interviewed over the phone, then I was went into the city and went thru a process of interviewing with a manager. Once that was completed I flew to another city and interviewed with a director. I was then called with an offer by another person. Very difficult process

Interview Question – How do you motivate an employee who has applied for the Team Leader position 2 times and has been declined? This employee will report to you?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Care Professional Tier II Interview

Customer Care Professional Tier II
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – The interview process went very smoothly. I applied online and received an email to complete online testing. After testing, I received a call the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for later on that day. After the phone interview, I was invited to come to the office for an in person interview the next week. The in person interview was with one person. She told me about the position and reviewed my resume. She asked me five competency based questions and asked if I had any questions for her. She advised that I would here something either way by the end of the week. At 4:45pm on Friday of that week, I received a call offering me the position.

Interview Question – One of the questions that I was asked was about how my actions contributed to change within an organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was really no room to negotiate. You basically have to accept what they offer or take the chance of having the offer withdrawn. I was very satisfied with the offer extended to me.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service - Inbound Phone Interview

Customer Service - Inbound Phone

I applied online and interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – After applying on-line it took about a week to hear back with a phone interview. Quick interview, standard questions, and if you pass that stage you go in for a panel of interviews and a computer based test.

Interview Question – What do you least like about working in a call center?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for entry level.

Very Difficult Interview

Management Interview

Management
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at American Express in May 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter, then hiring staff internally. Then you may interview with your potential peers, then leader then business leader. Then they ask you 3-4 competency based questions. They move you to the next level if you do well. If you don't, you receive a decline letter.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed at your job.   Answer Question

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional Interview

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional
Orlando, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Express in June 2014.

Interview Details – The application is pretty simple as well as the assessment. Although the assessment can be a little bit intimidating. Once you have taken it, they don't tell you right away if you failed it. either you get an email the next day that you were not considered for the position, or you will receive a email/call to set up a possible interview.

Interview Question – one of the most difficult questions asked, or at least so I thought was, "tell me a time when you have a difficult manager and what you did"? Really, I was prepared for all types of types of question even practiced the Star method of answering and I choked.   View Answer

Consultant/Platform Development Interview

Consultant/Platform Development

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – Phone, 2 face to face interviews. Tough interviews. People are digging deeper in to your skills set and experience. Hiring manager takes the call. The process took no more than a week. Decision was made within 24 hrs of the interview.

Interview Question – Process related question.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at American Express in March 2011.

Interview Details – The process was long and involved. 5 interviews total: HR screening, hiring manager interview, interview by one of hiring manager's direct reports, interview with a subordinate, and a final HR screening. All were behavioral questions. I was not presented with a case and did not have to show any analytical skills.

Interview Question – How do you get a senior leader to buy into your idea when they display resistance initially?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hiring leaders was not willing to negotiate salary

Technologies Vendor Specialist Interview

Technologies Vendor Specialist
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express in June 2013.

Interview Details – The process was pretty quick and painless. I had a brief phone screen with HR to ensure that my salary requirements were within range and then they scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. My phone interview was pretty basic, covered skills and what the job would entail. They then had me come in for a face-to-face interview where I spoke with the Director and VP.

Interview Question – It honestly was a very easy interview process and I got the job so I don't know how to answer this...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a higher salary and they said they would have to take that back through HR and the VP and it would most likely put me out of the running so I accepted the initial offer (which was still about a 9% increase from my previous salary).

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express in June 2014.

Interview Details – Was given 6 comptency questions to anwer. Was told that if this position was not right for me, the director-who was interviewing me-would work with me to find a position that was suitable. This was a lie. I asked to take her up on her offer-no response.

Interview Question – None-however-they asked two different questions regarding how do you develop your staff.   View Answer

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!