American Express

454 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Learning Specialist Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – 3 interviews one of them being a teach-back.

Interview Question – none really, all were pretty standard   View Answers (2)

Product Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – American Express has a very thorough interview process, that included a phone screening, group interview and senior manager interview. The process was very professional, questions were well thought out and I felt like I was treated with respect. I was offered the position but ultimately turned it down.

Interview Question – What is your biggest failure and how did you learn from the failure?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – It was an interview with many phases. I met several people. They were all very friendly.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult. It was a very straightforward conversation.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – Met with 4 people separately, and received detailed questions about the position and was able to convey how I could help them succeed.

Interview Question – Are you a detail oriented type of person or a big picture type of person?   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – Work from Home position. Entire interview process done over the phone. After applying contacted first via email to complete assessment. Within 48 hours contacted via email to arrange a phone interview. Phone interview was STAR method at the end of the phone interview made arrangements for follow up with Hiring Manager for the next day. Additional situational questions were asked using the STAR method. Both interviewers where great. They made me feel like I wanted to work for the company. After the second interview I was told someone would get back to me within 1 week to let me know either way. Offer call came within 48 hours and equipment arrived 1 week later after the background check was completed.

Senior Java Engineer Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Express in September 2013.

Interview Details – Took almost 3 months from start to finish. Contacted by HR, had a phone discussion for regular HR stuff. Then 1 technical phone screen lasting 1 hour. Basic questions about Java/oops concepts, bitwise operations and other theory questions.
Then a 3 hour onsite interview was scheduled. First hour focused fully on technical stuff, in multithreading, polymorphism, debugging a given code etc. Second hour had two questions. First an estimation quiz (how many credit cards does amex approve each year in US?) and second was architecture troubleshooting ( Given an architecture diagram, and few production scenarios causing problems, how do you go about finding the root cause? )
Last hour was behavioral questions (Have you solved conflict in your previous job?how?)

Interview Question – How many credit cards does Amex issue in a year in US?   View Answers (8)

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview Details – One phone interview, one in person interview with HR and final interview with hiring managers.

Interview Question – There were not any that were unexpected at that time, line of questioning could be different now.   Answer Question

Meeting Planner Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Express in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very thorough backround check.

Interview Question – Why did I want this job   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Platinum Travel Counselor Interview

Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at American Express in March 2010.

Interview Details – easy not hard just depends on who you get but make sure you ask about the goals and metrics

Interview Question – no difficult questions at least not for me   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – Competency based interview, provides three to four behavior based questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you developed a relationship and you later used this relationship to promote a strategic initiative.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Express

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!

American Express Videos

American Express – Why Work for Us?

What will you do #foraliving? Welcome to American Express. Here we encourage everyone who works with us to do what they love with pride, share their innovations, and realize their full potential by helping other people… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Express interview questions and advice. All 454 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Express employees and interview candidates.