American Express Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Express (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Applied online with employee referral and received a reply within two weeks. From there the interview process was quick. I interviewed on two separate occasions with different managers, completed background and drug screening.

Interview

The interview process was comprehensive and the recruiter was informative and helpful. Their was a full drug test and all other background checks as expected. Everyone was professional and great at communicating my progress.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I had several interviews (at least 5) prior to being hired as a temp. I first interviewed with a manager, then with a Director, then with two Vice Presidents (including the one who hired me). And my final interview was with another admin. All of them were in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your career when you failed and what your reaction was   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Recruiter reached out me to out of blue and said would you be interested in this role. She did a good job explaining the opportunity, and also gave a good overview of what to expect. Things moved at a rapid pace once they found me suitable for the role, a 15 minute call with hiring leader, an hour technical phone interview (some coding exercise) followed by 3 onsite interviews (technical, cognitive and manager). The whole process was transparent and quick, the whole crew were professional and friendly making the whole experience a pleasure.

Interview Questions

• Finding reachable vertices for every vertex in a directed graph   1 Answer

Analyst (Compliance) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

After applying online they contacted me by email. I took the written assessment, and the next day had a brief phone interview during which they asked one or two questions then described the general job and answered any questions I had. After accepting the offer, the next part of the process required a drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job and come to American Express?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

It was a bit lengthy. They asked very detailed questions regarding my skills and back ground. Talked about my IT experties and customer service. Discussed trouble shooting and their LMS. Technical support and working with lines of business.

Interview Questions

• Average questions were asked of me. Do you have a masters. Where and when did you get it. What software do you use. How long have you been doing this. What was your greatest achievement. What could you have done better.   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

They contact you if you qualify after the assestment to do a digital interview on HireVue, where you answer 5 questions, then if you pass that they call to talk about the job and set up a phone interview, and if you pass the phone interview a couple days later you get contacted to set up an In person interview

Interview Questions

• Responsibilities of previous jobs, why American Express? Why did you leave your previous jobs? A time when you were giving goals and merits? Your idea of great customer service? How do you give exceptional customer service?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Very straightforward: mostly fit and behavioral questions. Interviewers want to get to know you and your back ground. The interview typically takes half hour with four people for Financial Analyst and Senior Financial Analyst roles: two managers and two directors.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in five years? Tell me about your background.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Express (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online on June 23, 2015 and got an email the very next day stating that I got an interview. The interview was a digital interview through hire vue, it's a new convienient way to conduct interviews in a timely manner. It does require a webcam and took about 30 minutes to complete. I was able to practice a few interview questions prior to recording my actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain why your background and experience would be a good fit for this job?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you received recognition for an achievement.   Answer Question
    • What do you like about customer service? How do you feel American Express can help you reach your goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still waiting on response from interview.

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Express in August 2015.

Interview

Very disappointed. After a nerve racking vídeo interview. 15+ years of experience. I received the dreaded email. I did not get the position. I was notified in less that 24hrs. No feedback. So not very helpful ..