American Express Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express.

The interview was purely via webcam, so unless you're used to communicating that way, it can be a bit awkward. They give you ample time to get used to the website and process before continuing, however. You record your answers to questions in which they present to you, which they review later.

Android Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Express.

Had a brief conversation with HR regarding my background and interests and then was told to create an android app according to their requirements within a given time frame (I submitted within 5 days).
    Second Round: On-Site Interview (1 hour long) with a small coding test.

Interview Questions
    • Onsite Interview: Standard Java and Android questions, OOP's design pattern questions, bit of behavioral, coding test (find linked list length)   Answer Question

SummerProgram Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Express.

I apply through campus, first round is on campus interview, and second round is on-sit interview in Now York. The process is very friendly. More behavior questions. Technical questions is not that hard.

Global Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express in March 2015.

Recruiter explained the job role and took me through the company culture and priorities. Asked me to take them through my work and my long term career goals.Also checked with me about my Visa status in the country

Campaign Execution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express in March 2015.

I met with three different people and each one was very kind and cared to have a real discussion. They each explained the role to me individually and I fully understood exactly what I would be doing. It's in my opinion that they hire social people with skills to match. It's definitely helpful to be friendly during the interview.

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Express.

I applied through my university and was selected for a first-round interview. There were 2 45-minute back-to-back interviews. Questions were mostly behavioral, but a few were situational. Interviewers were reading the questions off of a sheet and taking notes, so the interviews didn't feel very spontaneous. The interviewers were nice.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision.
      Tell me about a time you had to handle a stressful situation.
      If you were told you had to lead marketing campaigns in 3 cities, what questions would you ask and how would you implement the campaigns?

+ plenty of other questions already posted by others.

Answer Question

American Express 2015 Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Express.

About 50/50 split between HR or situational questions and some basic programming concept questions over the phone. Two interviews back to back lasted for about an hour. The situational questions are especially important. They want to see that someone has the right personality type for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Study your basic programming structures and have answers to questions such as "bring up a time when you..." and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Finance Summer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Express.

2 45-minute phone interviews with people from Finance department. First interview was more situational and related to prior experiences, such as the average interview questions. The second interview was more analytical.

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Express.

First round interviews were supposed to be in person on campus, but were done over the phone due to snow. Second round interviews involved traveling to the company's office in NYC. Heard back on hiring process in 3 to 5 business days after second round. Both interviews entailed two 45 minute interviews with different representatives from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work to meet a deadline. Describe a time when you had to do what was right even if it wasn't the easiest thing to do.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Express in February 2015.

Very friendly.. Some technical questions like data structures... The first half of the interview was behavioural.. And the second half was technical.. Each were about 45 mins long.. Fairly straight forward questions