American Express Director, Business Development Interview Questions

Director Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, had phone interview with recruiter, then with hiring manager, then face to face interview with hiring manager and his peer in the technology team. Filled out job application along with my resume, submitted it all to HR, and received an offer letter one week later.

Interview Questions

• None. The interview questions were very much what you would expect--who did you work for, what was your territory, what was your performance...   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple, I showed my W2's for the past three years and asked for a signing bonus to make up the gap in the first year's pay. I got it.

Other Interview Reviews for American Express

Director, Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online one day later got an email from the recruiter to schedule for interview. Interview with HR recruiter went well. Asked bunch of past experiences question. Right after the HR interview, I was invited to a phone interview with hiring manager. Interview with hiring manager was not flawless. HM only asked typical interview question eg. tell me about yourself. Only few typical interview questions, then she told me there were many internal candidates that also applying for the same position. and it is Amex's culture to hire and consider internal candidates as priority. One week later, the recruiter did send me a courtesy email to inform me that the HM may go with internal candidate (as I expected) A great experience with HR personal not with HM.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions . eg. Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Markham, ON (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

Pretty standard

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Never take the first offer you are given - Amex is notoriously cheap, and typically doesn't budge on vacation time.

Director Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Express in May 2009.

Interview

Process consisted of several rounds of phone interviews - HR person; functional supervisor and NY head of business line. Thereafter, met the country manager and NY head face to face. Easy, unstructured discussions with emphasis on behaviour and communications. Suppose the functional aspect was not much of focus as they understood my professional background was exactly a fit. Woul describe the process and people as caring and respectful.

Interview Questions

Role was rather narrow given the organizations ability ( or inability) to enter into key areas of payments that were to be critical to growth.