American Express Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Express (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2008.

Interview

Impressive and smooth

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non - negotiable

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Express (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

There were 3 rounds, 1st with HR, 2nd on phone with the voice and accent trainer, and the 3rd round was more like a panel interview, there were two people taking the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is not much of a negotiation that happens, although i was able to get a higher slab after speaking to the recruiting agency.

Good Position and Attetude Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tisa (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Express (Tisa (Philippines)) in December 2012.

Interview

whaen you apply this company please bring the ff

bring your bio-data
    at list high school/college gaurding

Interview Questions

• you should wear complete uniform   1 Answer

Negotiation

because i always accept

Municipal Bond Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The reason for my post here is to publicly state my strong suspicion that a certain department at AmEx is using job candidates to do uncompensated work for them under the disguise of testing them. I was assigned a three-day research project on issues that have a current importance and value, then heard nothing more from AmEx and the job opening was posted again.

Further details:
    I'm a municipal bond credit analyst, and the majority of my work consists of writing ratings opinions on bonds, similar to S&P and Moody's reports. The job opening required precisely this. I interviewed with a bond analyst who said that he was overwhelmed with work and had needed someone to help him for a long time already. I also interviewed with some kind of administrative manager of the department who did not know anything about the technical side of the work. The interview went smoothly, and I was told that there is nothing in my experience or skills that falls short of the job requirements.

Some time later I received a request to do a research project, allegedly as a test of my writing. At the interview before, I had already brought about 20 recent report samples, and offered my former manager's reference to confirm the authenticity of my work. Despite this, they now said that they needed 2 new reports on specific bonds of their choice. I did the research and delivered the reports. New credit research is something that is objectively valuable, with a value (conservatively) of at least $100 per report.

I immediately received a short email saying I will not be considered for employment and nothing else. My request for feedback was refused. The same day an identical job posting was published on the AmEx website: "Mgr-Risk & Information Management Job – New York, NY, US".

From all the facts it is possible to reasonably surmise that they are using job candidates to help them with their large burden of work. The fact that the position was immediately reposted meant that they did not refuse me as a result of finding a better candidate. They told me I satisfied the job requirements, that they had an urgent need for help with their work burden, and refused to give any feedback on my reports. Either they discovered something about me that they discriminate against and can't say it, or they are illegally using people to do their work for free.

I hope that anyone applying to this position will carefully consider all the above before spending days doing work for them.

--KW

Interview Questions

• A 3-day research project was assigned, writing ratings opinions on the credit condition of certain municipal bonds.   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Express.

Interview

1st stage Questions, 2nd stage presentation and competence based questions, 3rd stage interview with director, 4th stage personality and logical-mathematical test

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Express.

Interview

Initial process regarding interview went rather quickly, within a few days I had the initial phone interview, the in-depth phone interviewer, and then an offer. So the turn around time was fairly quick.

Interview Questions

• Ran into some issues with onboarding as they dropped the ball with following-up, verification of information, etc. Training was comprehensive (almost three months) and most of the trainers were helpful. Things took a turn for the worst once I was done with training and dealing with disrespectful upper management and team leads. They definitely do not embody the values mentioned in the initial hiring stages. I would not recommend this company or this position.   1 Answer

Platinum Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Express (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process is deceptive. They tell you that you are there for a permanent position. You go through and extensive...EXTENSIVE background check and there is a lot of hoopla surrounding your actual hire but it is not an actual permanent position and you are not told this until you've already started the job and it may be to late because you may have given up a permanent job for something that is very shaky and shady to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. The interviewer was amazing but again, they need to tell the potential hire that this is NOT a permanent position from the get go!!!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Again...if it would have been for a permanent job, this would have been amazing.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Express.

Interview

Written Round
    Group Discussion
    One on One Rounds with -
    Trainer or Manager or Director or Telephonic (Depending on role)
    2nd round with - Manager or VP or Director (Depending on role)
    Round with HR - always negotiate on your CTC

Interview Questions

• Scenarios from your CV
      Something about yourself which set you apart
      How active are you on the social networking circuit

1 Answer

Negotiation

Smooth and interactive

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Recruiter, then hiring staff internally. Then you may interview with your potential peers, then leader then business leader. Then they ask you 3-4 competency based questions. They move you to the next level if you do well. If you don't, you receive a decline letter.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express in October 2014.

Interview

Met with AMEX at a college career fair and had a great first impression. Everyone seemed really passionate and enthusiastic about the company. The process took about 2 weeks to get an interview from the career fair. People kept telling me that I would not need any technical skills for the job or interview and that they would teach me on the job.

The interview was suicide for a person who hasn't taken high level math and Java courses. Asked me to write code, solve math problems, and problem solve for various situations. There were behavioral questions, but mostly technical. Interviewers were very friendly and encouraging and I heard back from the interview 9 days later.

Interview Questions

• Write the code for a program to find the maximum value and a value greater than or equal to the minimum value.   Answer Question