American Express Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

Strategy Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Assessment Centre > Grp work > Grp presentation

Interview Questions
    • To present on a marketing case in front of 70 people with extremely little preparation   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express.

It was an interview with many phases. I met several people. They were all very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult. It was a very straightforward conversation.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Met with three or four people--mostly directors and VPs

Intern Interview

My application was sponsored by another intern. I had a telephone interview. The interviewers went through my resume with me, asking details about work experiences.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had any experience with reporting and performance indicators.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

They took a written test , it mostly consisted of thirty aptitude questions and six coding questions to be solved in 90 minutes. Also there was a section on H.R. type questions, like why do you want to join american express, what are the trends in the IT industry you think will have an impact on the future. The shortlisted candidates were grilled through a group discussion, and two personal interviews, shortlisting being done after each round.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at American Express.

first round- aptitude+coding
    around 40 students were shortlisted.
    second round- technical + HR simple questions. Their main aim was to check analytical skills.
    question asked to me: "about yourself", "write a c code to display a moving clock". 5 students were selected for last round.
    third round: we had to implement a c code to display a bouncing ball.

Business Development Interview

Multiple interviews with different managers.

Compensation

Business Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Express.

The process happened fast. The recruiter called me one day and two days later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The call was an hour and he asked questions based on my experience and how it fit in with his team. Two weeks Later I received an email saying they are not moving forward with my application. I was surprised he did not give me a live interview.

Interview Questions
    • How I would handle a deal when it is the highest proposal?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

I went through a first round of interviews with the sales managers. They asked me a series of questions about my background. This 1st interview lasted about an hour, then they took me through a tour of the building. After that, I came back a couple weeks later for another interview then I got hired by my future sales manager and the director

Interview Questions
    • How long do you plan to stay with American Express if you get the job?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Online application form, CV and Cover letter.
    Completed online maths and verbal tests - not my strengths at all but very easy.
    Didn't hear back for a while but received a call to schedule a telephone interview. Was supposed to be competency based but asked some random questions lasted around 15-20 mins.
    Invited to attend assssment centre including competency and behavioural interviews, one hour to read a case study and prepare for a ten minute presentation and 15-20 mins of questions and an in-tray exercise to be discussed as a group.
    VERY friendly and well organised, was impressed.

Interview Questions

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!