American Express Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

2 rounds of interviews with the senior management

Negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

two telephonic and then face to face interview..a very challenging case study related to logistics of transportation...other than that some case study questions related to e commerce...

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Express.

Interview

3 screening levels, quick to finalise

Interview Questions

• A situation where you were under prepared, the business impact, how did you resolve the same and why did such a scenario arise in the first place.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Process was easy. 3 rounds of interviews. Mostly fit questions. Not too technical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself not using things on your resume   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Interview

Amex focuses a lot on the ability to drive results and its culture. Make sure you know its Blue Box Values and know that you'll run into situational questions that you should address in a SAR format (state situation, what was the action taken and what results resulted)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Express.

Interview

initial phone interview
    in person interview with manager, then the director (diff days)
    phone interview with manager (direct report)
    in person with the VP

Enjoyed the process - liked meeting the people
    Slightly disorganized - once interviewee didn't know I was there.

Interview Questions

• case-style question - if you had to prepare a presentation on a marketing strategy that AmEx has used, but don't have any historical data, where would you start?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Interview

Applied online, completed application and lengthy assessments. Recruiter called next day to make appt for phone interview two days later. After phone interview of standard behavioral questions, recruiter invited me for interview at local office. Met with hiring manager who went over my resume and experience at length. Then asked 5 or 6 behavioral questions - nothing too difficult, usual call center questions. However, be prepared. Know as much as possible about the company, be able to answer why you want to work there. Ask a couple intelligent questions that show you respect the brand and are looking for the opportunity to grow with the company. Also, ASK for the job at the end. I told the manager I looked forward to hearing back from her with a hiring decision but briefly reiterated why I was the best candidate and that I was eager to start. Send a thank you note same day.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions regarding how you would show a customer that he is important, how you would handle an irate customer, how you would provide service that is above/beyond, how you would handle yourself if you make a mistake, and give a time you had a challenging situation and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was fair, I did not negotiate.

Interview

phone interview after having received email post app sumission. interviewer extremely friendly

Travel Research Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed for an entry level Travel Research Apprentice positions with American Express. After successfully completing two phone screens with five people (which took over 3 months), I was invited to meet with a manager and a team leader at the New York headquarters. My excitement at the prospect of launching my career at AmEx quickly faded as the experience was awful. The man who interviewed me was clearly unprepared and his comments were contradictory. As I am a recent college graduate, he kept mentioning my lack of experience (for this entry level position) and at the same time he said the position had previously been filled by an intern. After the interview this manager said I would hear something within two weeks, but many more weeks passed without any follow-up with a hiring decision. It was only after I placed a call to the office that I received a decline e-mail. There was nothing constructive or respectful about this process and based on my experience I can’t believe their treatment of employees is any better.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very poorly organized, and I was asked the same questions over and over again in the three interviews.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Express.

Interview

I applied on line on their career website. They contact me by phone and set a 15 minutes phone interview with the recruiter. After this I was asked my availability for a face to face interview with the hiring manager and I was confirmed by phone it would have been the next day and to wait only for the confirmation email (after the manager confirmation about his availability). I never received the email. I wrote to the HR email, but I did not receive any reply. I called to number provided me previously from another recruiter and finally put through the recruiter I spoke to the first time, who explained me they had better candidates for the role and they would have not proceed further with my application. I said it would have been nice from them to send me at least a notification about it, instead of letting hanging in the air for weeks. So much focus and importance to customer care, but then they are not able to send a notification to a person they selected and confirmed verbally for the next step...