American Express Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2015

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Express (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds. Each round had two interviews. First round was on campus in Barcelona with two Senior Managers who evaluated separately and after I cleared this round, the second round was in London at their office with two more senior Director level people along with candidates from other Business schools in Europe.

Interview Questions

• Motivation to join American Express and the reason for switching from IT to Finance.   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Express.

Interview

Interviewed on campus, two interviewer. One obviously from the marketing/business side, and the other from a more technical side. So basically one of them ask about how to get into a market, the risk of promoting a new product to the market, etc, and the other asks about probabilities. Btw, it's important to know their history.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember exact one but it's about how to evaluate your competitive capabilities before entering entail market.   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Express (New Delhi (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Feels like DE JA VU . It was not the first time I felt the same. It was the third time I appeared for american express and yes the interview outcome part of this review, says it all. Well I hardly waited for 15 mins and the recruiter on the other side (On Telephone) was ready for the first chit chat, what they call as an HR round. I answered the questions which were all simple, that included my brief introduction and my work experience. Right after the call was over I was requested by the guy at the consultancy to wait for 10 mins for real thing i.e VNA. Once the VNA round started I made sure my voice needs to be subtle and of course I have to be grammatically correct. The main part I bugged up was my work experience where in I had to muggle up my real work experience as advised by my consultant. Also at the times I struggled with the CONTENT part where i was bombarded with ..."tell me about the weather difference between patna and Delhi" ? I was born in Patna and its been more than 13 years I got relocated to dehradun. I hardly remember much so had it been dehradun I had would have had ample of CONTENT to speak on. I scored 1.5 and they need 2.0 to crack the VNA round. And that was all.

Interview Questions

• brief me about yourself and also share your work experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I sent in online application. After 2 weeks I was sent an email for Web Cam interview. This was a bit uncomfortable for me but quickly got used to it. After interview was done and sent in I waited another 3 weeks. I finally saw email to say I was not chosen for job. They take a very long time to get back to you.

Fraud Protection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Interview by phone then interview in person with someone being on a conference call. It was a corporate hiring process with the standard behavioral questions. Didn't ask much besides the questions and to rehash my resume in person.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express in April 2015.

Interview

It was very friendly and encouraging. I had to do online test followed by phone interview and then I was interviewed by American Express hiring team member for hour and half

Interview Questions

• Why was it important for American Express to deliver world class service   Answer Question

Fraud Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express (South Salt Lake, UT).

Interview

Spoke in person with local supervisor. Also teleconference with agent mgmt in Phoenix, AZ. Reviewed previous experience, asked why I was looking elsewhere rather than keeping current position. The phone conference part was helpful to them to hear how I interact on the phone, i.e., not seeing the person on the other line (do I talk over them? Am I nervous sight-unseen?) I helps them also assess the quality of my phone voice (without being distracted by my good looks LOL)

Interview Questions

• What do you think the most important job skill that applies here is?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I thought the offer was already generous. Pays well for call center work.

Senior Manager - Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Express (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with three different people and each one was very kind and cared to have a real discussion. They each explained the role to me individually and I fully understood exactly what I would be doing. It's in my opinion that they hire social people with skills to match. It's definitely helpful to be friendly during the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Step 1: Phone call with recruiter
    Discussed the position. Questioned if the job was suitable for my skill-set, especially with not having some requirements. I checked and was told I only needed familiarity with Java, not experience.

Step 2: Interview with your web cam (you talk to your computer with nobody on the other side).
    Answered text questions verbally. Nothing out of the ordinary. Some multiple choice and 'type your answer' questions.

Step 3: Assessment with person via web cam
    Was informed this step was not an interview, but a basic 60 question assessment in 45 minutes. No questions surrounding my experience was mentioned. Basic web questions with a shared coding screen.

Step 4: I didn't get to this point. No feedback was returned. I have been completely ignored by HR and would rate this as one of the worst interview experiences through my 10 years in a professional setting.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between adaptive and responsive?   1 Answer

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had three rounds of interview for this position: one with HR, one with hiring manager and one with a director from partner groups. Overall I felt the interview went well, but there was just no any response to my inquiry for 3 weeks. They should treat application better than that :(.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about your self;
      2. Your most relevant experience;