American Express

American Express Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Express.

Written, followed by two interviews. Written consist of aptitude, oops concept and one program to write. Aptitude questions were difficult while technical were easy. Program given to convert a nmber into its;s word form ex: 12033 convert to twelve thousand and thirty three.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Express.

i applied online, then they emailed me, then i had a phone conversation with an hr contact, then an phone interview with the hiring manager. the final step was to meet in person with the hiring manager. overall the process was easy and enjoyable.

Finance Analyst Interview

1. Online application followed by online testing
    2. Telephone interview - competency based (30 mins)
    3. Assessment Centre - 2 interviews, case study + presentation, group exercise

It might look scary like this, but I have to add the most important - people are extremely positive and outgoing, trying to help you do your best and show your skills. A smile is the word that describes best American Express. Best culture, easy to approach people, extremely open and friendly. Best interview experience, great organisation (breakfast, lunch, chat with current placement year analysts)!

Operation Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Express.

Applied online and got a phone call from the AMEX recruiter the next day followed by a quick phone interview. Second interview with the hiring leaders was then scheduled within the next few days after the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult as long as you are using the STAR answering method. Even if you are not using that or that you are nervous, they will help you up by asking you to explain in further detail. Key is to be prepared! the questions are pretty straight forward. They just want to know more about you and how you can contribute to the job with your previous job experience.   View Answer
    The recruiters make sure that the applicants really understand the job description of the position they have applied to. They also make sure they let you know of the benefits, salary packages, allowances and also if they will provide you with performance incentives. I did not make any negotiation on the salary package as AMEX pays higher than average in the market.

Manager, Business Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Express.

Pretty normal hiring process not much difference you can feel. The clearity of the job is not provided in advance instead they hide few things and only let you know at the time of interview.

Interview Questions
    • How to get a list of contact database just on the basis of reference   Answer Question

IT was pure Sales

Junior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at American Express.

I had a phone interview with an engineer and he asked me about my resume, background, and interests. I also spoke to a recruiter who followed up with me after my phone interview. They liked me and would like me to contact them again for an in-house interview. The interviewer also helped me through some questions that I was struggling on, just ask to clarify things.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about data structures, databases, algorithms, etc. Kind of open-ended questions.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Express in January 2015.

First interview consisted of two 45 minute interviews. The questions were mostly fit and situational but there were a few technical questions. The interviewers were different in the ways that they asked questions, but they were given a list of questions in advance to ask, and they made that pretty clear during the interview process. They are told to leave the last 10 minutes open to let us ask questions.

Credit Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Express in August 2014.

The interview was quiet relaxed and not realy special. A few questions about my former positions and general questions about the CV, and 2 competency questions which are very common in UK.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you exeeded costumers experience   Answer Question
    no negotiation pre-set salarys

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Express.

The recruitment team carry out initial telephone screening and arrange face to face interviews.
    The face to face interview over 4 hours with 6 different people was a farce & all over the place.
    The job was re- advertised before they had communicated to confirm I was unsuccessful, and I had to email them to ask the outcome!!!

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at American Express in February 2014.

On campus, first round phone, second round in office. Networking opportunities in between. The office visit had some people from each team as resources to talk to before each interview.

Interview Questions
    • There was a case that was not very technical. Most of it was either knowledge of the company or personality/ situational questions.   Answer Question
    signed right away