American Express Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

Lead Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Express.

Round 1: Competency based assessment
    I had to demonstrate how I demonstrated a particular competency using a real life professional experience.
    Round 2: Case Study
    I was given a business scenario (case study) which I was asked to study, analyze for 20 minutes. Post which - I was asked to make a presentation to Leadership on how I would lead, manage the program of work.

Interview Questions
    • 1. How did I demonstrate the WILL TO WIN in a Business scenario?
      2. How did I demonstrate innovation in a Business scenario?

Answer Question

Global Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express in March 2015.

Recruiter explained the job role and took me through the company culture and priorities. Asked me to take them through my work and my long term career goals.Also checked with me about my Visa status in the country

Compliance and Ethics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Express in February 2015.

There are three stages of interview:
    1. Online Business Simulation
    Most of us who went for the assessment centre did not even do the online business simulation though

2. Assessment Centre
    We had to do a short IQ test

We also had to do a case on regulations for an digital advertising campaign. The hiring manager would be walking around during the preparation time. After everyone presented, the group had a group interview with the hiring manager where we could asked them questions about the department.

3. One on One interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • After doing the case, how many of you are still interested in the department?   Answer Question

Campaign Execution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express in March 2015.

I met with three different people and each one was very kind and cared to have a real discussion. They each explained the role to me individually and I fully understood exactly what I would be doing. It's in my opinion that they hire social people with skills to match. It's definitely helpful to be friendly during the interview.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express in November 2014.

I applied online and got a pre-screening phone interview with HR then one in-person interview with 2 managers and 1 director which lasted about an hour. Most questions were behavioral and the atmosphere was relaxed. I sent the follow-up e-mail 2 weeks and were told that the position is cancelled.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Express in February 2015.

Two rounds. 1st was on campus and consisted of two 45 min interviews. These two focused on behavioral and situational, though most time was spent on one vague situational question. The 2nd round was super day at their NY office. This consisted of 30 min interviews and were all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • What would you need to know when selecting two international markets to focus your product on?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Express in January 2015.

Applied online through referral. After 2 months got an email to schedule an interview. Format was two 45 minute back to back phone interviews with 2 directors/managers in different departments. Mostly behavioral questions like give me an example of ......

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Express in February 2015.

This was the first round, Phone screening interview. It took about 30 minutes. The interview was schedules as a result of on campus career fair. Got the call in about a week to schedule the phone interview. After clearing the phone screening it took them about a week to schedule an on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Sort unique lines in a file as per their frequence. The file has millions of lines.   Answer Question

Risk&Information Management Graduate Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express in February 2015.

There are two rounds of interviews. Both of them are back-to-back 1hr30min
    The first round is telephone interview and the second one is on-site interview.
    The on-site interview will last for the entire morning from 8am to 12:30pm. Amex provided very great breakfast and had one VP give a speech to all the candidates during the breakfast. Then the candidates were brought to different teams for the interviews. During the break of the interviews, you can talk with the current employees of the department.

Interview Questions
    • What kinds of trends will you pay attention to and what decisions will you make based on those trends?   Answer Question
    • What mistakes did you make and what lessons did you learn from them?   Answer Question
    • How do credit card companies make the decision whether approve the credit card application or not?   Answer Question
    • How would you represent/quantify the risks when the company want to launch a new product?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at American Express in July 2014.

1- interview at the phone about my background and then with HR manager
    2- interview with colleague about specific topic
    3- interview with financial manager about problem solving and specific company dynamics

Interview Questions
    • Q: if there is this kind of situation, describe which action are you planning to propose and implement?   Answer Question
    • How is compose the P&L ?
      How can revenues and cost can be classified?

Answer Question