American Express Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through email and set up a time for phone interview. The next day she called me and the interview last for 20 minutes. She told me that she would tell the director of this group of my phone interview, and the director will decide whether he would like to meet me or not. The whole process took about ten business day.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?
      Walk me through your resume

Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

4 Rounds in total- 1st phone with HR, 2nd phone with Hiring Manager, 3rd- in person with Hiring Manager then 4th with Hiring Manager and potential colleagues- make sure you are well versed in the company- do you research online about their products and what services they offer. Make sure to follow up with Thank you notes and feel free to reach out to HR over the process. Also come prepared with questions to ask regarding the role- they will allow plenty of time for this at the end and are looking for intelligent questions regarding the role.

Interview Questions

• Biggest Strengths, Describe a time when (STAR type questions), How do you overcome a tough situation with a client   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter to discuss the position, along with some basic qualification questions, i.e. "Are you familiar with Agile/Scrum, etc." Next stage was a panel phone interview with the Scrum Master, Senior Architect, and Director. Both went extremely well and I was at ease with the questions and their expectations.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about tracking, documentation, and handling of data.   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for every marketing analyst position I could. Also if you get multiple interviews try not to tell each group your interviewing for other groups...be vague and don't tell recruiter or else they'll fix you with only one team when techinically their policy goes against that

Interview Questions

• Make sure to know how Amex makes money and their history...give good reasons for why Amex and tell the group their your first choice   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got offered 70k and negotiated to 75k... I wish I had negotiated to 80k ....I believe for marketing analyst they can technically go to 82k so definitely negotiate even if you told them you were fine with their initial offer ...esp if the group works longer hours than the 9 to 5 which some groups do!!!

Director Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Express.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and was told she wanted to consider me for two positions. She was going to talk to the hiring team to see which one was the best fit. She NEVER got back to me and I followed up twice. I was excited and then annoyed at the rudeness.

Interview Questions

• Actually it was about money which I think is a horrible way to start an interview.   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Express (New Delhi (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

The process is very stringent and they want to be sure of who they are hiring. the ref checks are amazing and any defaulters are asked to leave immediately. the quality is kept in mind hence the interview is very exhaustive. right from HR to the management personnel, they are very stringent in their standards. Even the aptitude test is is ona diffcult side. the interview itself ensures the candidate knows that they are being hired for a company worth its weight.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offer you more than what you are thinking of negotiating.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Express (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview was pretty fast paced and it was taken by a contract employee.
    Pretty simple questions were asked .
    one face to face round of interview was also there
    the processing of the interview was very fast paced .

Interview Questions

• why do I want to join AMEX   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much negotiation .
    they offered me best package at that point in time .
    but later on the increments were meager which dragged me in the longer run

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screen + 3 rounds of in-person interviews. The questions are not highly technical. As a marketing analyst, you do not necessarily need to know the intricacies of each channel. The most important qualities they are looking for are TEAM work, being able to work cross-functionally, ability to receive and give feedback, and communication. Cultural fit is the more likely determinant of whether you get an offer than actual job related experience.

Prepare for questions like, "tell me about a time you received poor feedback from your manager" or "tell me about a time you optimized a process", "why xyz department", "why xyz marketing", make sure you have a story and opinion crafted for standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume   Answer Question

Customer Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Express (New Delhi (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Well it was one of the most humiliating experience in my entire life. I am English (hons) student. I got at least 3 calls on different occasions requesting me to come for the interview. I made up my mind to go and try if I can somehow get a job in BPO despite the fact that teaching is what i am looking for. The lady was polite and well looked very serious. I was showered with some simple questions which anyone could easily answer.

All of a sudden she interrupted me that my pronunciation wasn't good enough. She is an Indian and was trying her best to express herself in an American accent. Well I didn't want to sound ridiculous. So I just kept on in an Indian accent. Cut! She said I was just not up to the standard. I was dumbfounded.

All my college life I'd studied about English literature and Grammar, linguistics (phonetics, semantics, syntax etc). But to be judged only through how I speak was just humiliating. I also blamed myself for going there for the interview. It was a total flop.

(P.S. I got a job somewhere else).

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Express (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a weekend day, Saturday and received a confirmation email the same day. I received an email on Monday to say I had an interview but virtually. After answering STAR questions I was then contacted to schedule a phone interview. Waiting to complete the second interview.