American Express

519 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Express in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online via the AMEX website and was asked for a time for a phone interview within a week. After the phone interview, the hiring manager followed up a day later to set up a time for the in-person interview. Unfortunately, it was difficult to align the proposed interviews times with the directors/managers I would be meeting with. After radio silence for a week, I followed up with the hiring manager and was told the team ended up hiring someone internally and didn't need me to come in anymore.

Interview Question – Basic screening questions about resume and relevant experience as it pertains to the positions.   Answer Question

Manager - Risk Management Interview

Manager - Risk Management

I applied through college or university and interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – I went through the campus recruitment process. Had two case interviews. One is about the credit card profitability. The other is about the direct mail campaign efficiency. The interview questions are not too difficult and both of the interveiwers are nice. I only went through one round.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Manager, Business Development Interview

Manager, Business Development
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Express in June 2014.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews with recruiters (Allegis Global) then face-to-face with the hiring manager. The questions are what you would expect: reasons for leaving current job, skills, expectations. The hiring manager was friendly and explained the team and job responsibilities in details. However, after the interview, I have not heard back from either the recruiter or hiring manager for over 4 weeks, not even after follow-up emails; should at least inform candidate of the rejection for the sake of professionalism

Interview Question – example of team coordination   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Trainer Interview

Customer Service Trainer
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Express in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was over the phone very professional. They call you and have an over phone interview. Then you interview with a director. If they like you they will let you know after interview with director.

Interview Question – I don't remember the exact question asked prepare par situations.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Express in August 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very detailed and very lengthy, First I interviewed over the phone, then I was went into the city and went thru a process of interviewing with a manager. Once that was completed I flew to another city and interviewed with a director. I was then called with an offer by another person. Very difficult process

Interview Question – How do you motivate an employee who has applied for the Team Leader position 2 times and has been declined? This employee will report to you?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Care Professional Tier II Interview

Customer Care Professional Tier II
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – The interview process went very smoothly. I applied online and received an email to complete online testing. After testing, I received a call the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for later on that day. After the phone interview, I was invited to come to the office for an in person interview the next week. The in person interview was with one person. She told me about the position and reviewed my resume. She asked me five competency based questions and asked if I had any questions for her. She advised that I would here something either way by the end of the week. At 4:45pm on Friday of that week, I received a call offering me the position.

Interview Question – One of the questions that I was asked was about how my actions contributed to change within an organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was really no room to negotiate. You basically have to accept what they offer or take the chance of having the offer withdrawn. I was very satisfied with the offer extended to me.

Customer Service - Inbound Phone Interview

Customer Service - Inbound Phone

I applied online and interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – After applying on-line it took about a week to hear back with a phone interview. Quick interview, standard questions, and if you pass that stage you go in for a panel of interviews and a computer based test.

Interview Question – What do you least like about working in a call center?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for entry level.

Very Difficult Interview

Management Interview

Management
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at American Express in May 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter, then hiring staff internally. Then you may interview with your potential peers, then leader then business leader. Then they ask you 3-4 competency based questions. They move you to the next level if you do well. If you don't, you receive a decline letter.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed at your job.   Answer Question

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional Interview

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional
Orlando, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Express in June 2014.

Interview Details – The application is pretty simple as well as the assessment. Although the assessment can be a little bit intimidating. Once you have taken it, they don't tell you right away if you failed it. either you get an email the next day that you were not considered for the position, or you will receive a email/call to set up a possible interview.

Interview Question – one of the most difficult questions asked, or at least so I thought was, "tell me a time when you have a difficult manager and what you did"? Really, I was prepared for all types of types of question even practiced the Star method of answering and I choked.   View Answer

Consultant/Platform Development Interview

Consultant/Platform Development

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – Phone, 2 face to face interviews. Tough interviews. People are digging deeper in to your skills set and experience. Hiring manager takes the call. The process took no more than a week. Decision was made within 24 hrs of the interview.

Interview Question – Process related question.   Answer Question

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!