American Express

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Express in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was a 3 step process. 1. An initial screening over phone the which is very easy. Simple questions like what is the difference between Java and Javascript. 2. Next after 2-3 weeks they took a technical interview over the phone on topics like OOPs concept, multithreading, memory management etc. You will be asked to do the coding on screen share. 3. After 2 days I was called for an on-site interview. This had 2 rounds, one was behavioural round such as what would you want to be 5 years down the line, what are the qualities you look for in a leader etc. The next round consisted of an estimation question and a root cause analysis where you have find the solution by asking questions to the interviewer.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult. They are very helpful and will help you solve the problem.   View Answers (4)

Negotiation Details – gave me what I asked for

Customer Care Professional Interview

Customer Care Professional

Interviewed at American Express

Interview Details – phone interview followed up by face to face Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond? Describe a time when you had a very difficult client? Answer Question
Why do you want to work for American Express? ical

Interview Question – typical star questions   Answer Question

Manager Technical Operations Interview

Manager Technical Operations
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Express in October 2010.

Interview Details – Compentency based questions for situational experiences, as well as specific role and responsibility technical questions - relate past work with expected roles and responsibilities including personal career plans within 5 years

Interview Question – Technical questions where one lacks experience and/or situational questions not encountered before   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - made offer with dollar amount that was within the pay scale structure based on experience and perceived skill sets - a question of accept or decline

Corporate Account Administrator Interview

Corporate Account Administrator

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at American Express in January 2010.

Interview Details – The prospective employee will be interviewed in front of other applicants and the hiring staff. It is designed to be stressful, however, it you're not intimidated by crowds or thinking on your feet, you'll do wonderful.

Interview Question – Because it was such a fast paced interview process, I can not remember specfic questions.   Answer Question

Risk Management Representative Interview

Risk Management Representative
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Express in May 2010.

Interview Details – Its a 4 step process, you will have multiple interviews, including one with role play. be prepared to answer questions on how to do your job. its best to review the companies website for what they look for in a candidate to answer correctly.

Interview Question – Typical collection interview where you need to show empathy and still get paid   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there isnt any all classes start at the same amount to train unless your already an employee and switching division

Senior Travel Consultant Interview

Senior Travel Consultant
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Express in January 2012.

Interview Details – HR will contact you and a manager will interview you. After that they will send email of employment procedures and background check. If you pass everything they will tell you to your location.

Interview Question – Will give you personality questions and travel industry quiz.   Answer Question

Membership Rewards Interview

Membership Rewards
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online and was contacted by manager directly. HR eventually brought me in at her request. Was not impressed by surroundings when I was there as things looked dated, but I eventually learned that most other floors have been renovated. People were all very respectful of my time and took time to explain role fully and introduce culture.

Interview Question – Are you sure you're okay with the payscale before we make you an offer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay scales are set at Amex based on your "Band," or level. Much like the government, there is a set range for any given position. There's no point in trying to negotiate outside of the range unless you're at an executive level (I would guess).

Client Manager Interview

Client Manager
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at American Express in May 2014.

Interview Details – First: totally automated online video interview where I read questions off the screen with time clock and answered into a web cam. Second: phone interview with a Director who wasnt even the right one. Third a 10 min. sale presentation was expected with almost no data. I withdrew myself.

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details – Good process, two interview rounds, quick offer, was able to receive a little higher than initial offer after negotiations, background check completed fast, official documentation received quickly as well, would recommend

Interview Question – Why leaving current employer   Answer Question

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional Interview

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express in February 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online. If chosen, later take an online assessment (common sense, customer service scenarios plus a test on language skills, math skills. Sort of like a high school mini state test. Later, if chosen, you have a phone interview. If chosen again, you'll THE main interview, by phone.

Interview Question – The entire process from applying online to hiring took several weeks (2-3). Most difficult questions are ones where you describe a SPECIFIC scenario, how you handled it, and detailed you exact though process, and final outcome, and if your objectives were met. This "style" of interviewing was used in several questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This company is VERY tough to get into... hiring process was grueling (husband applied, did not get in, and he has more experience than I do). They will give you tips in the first interview for the second, MAIN interview. Listen, use the tips, and practice/review! I did not stay with the company... three grueling months of training (including on-the-job training) and I did not meet my numbers. I'm super bright and enthusiastic and have excellent communication and customer service skills; still, it was very hard, and I decided to opt out before being fired and went with another company. GREAT BENEFITS AND BONUS!! Can't say that ENOUGH; was just difficult (I do not like sales, or telling people I could not wave their fees... and later get a bad survey from them). But if you can hack it, GO FOR IT!