American Express Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was consist of three rounds, each persons interviewed me on a 1:1 basis. Firm hand shake and formal attire. Interviewer asked a random series of questions. I had a chance to be interviewed by the hiring leader. Most time was taken by hiring leader. The process lasted about 30-40 minutes. Because I interviewed for an Executive Assistant position, the questions and interviewing process strictly surrounded the EA role. The hiring leader made me very comfortable, occasionally smiled and gave me time to think before answering any questions. It was told upfront that their were several candidates applied for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe skill set and the range of knowledge., ie., intermediate, advance or expert.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express.

Interview

applied on may 18th received email for video interview on the 20th. Still in progress. Fairly simple. Used behavioral based questions. Only first part of interview process. Will update once completed. Had to download app for interview. Gave practice round. Make sure lighting ok. And in a quiet environment. Made it to second interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'll be a good fit for the work at home role. second interview had questions like.. name a time you were innovative, name a time you had to adapt to a change in ur role at a company and how did you prepare.reviewed resume and discussed role a bit more.   Answer Question

Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online last week, then I was invited to a virtual interview, the following day. Then the next day, I was contacted by a recruited for a phone interview. I didn't pass the phone interview, because I don't remember very much about Sabre Native GDS. My agency stopped using Sabre years ago. However if you are currently with Sabre Native GDS system, you should be fine. I will take the initiative to sharpen my skills on Sabre Native and give it another try next time.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me the fare code for a flight from Seattle to Phoenix on September 22nd?   1 Answer
    • How do you usually book international air?   1 Answer
    • An offer of employment will be contingent on you having a dedicated home office space with all work equipment meeting our standards. Will you be able to meet this requirement?   1 Answer

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screen + 3 rounds of in-person interviews. The questions are not highly technical. As a marketing analyst, you do not necessarily need to know the intricacies of each channel. The most important qualities they are looking for are TEAM work, being able to work cross-functionally, ability to receive and give feedback, and communication. Cultural fit is the more likely determinant of whether you get an offer than actual job related experience. Prepare for questions like, "tell me about a time you received poor feedback from your manager" or "tell me about a time you optimized a process", "why xyz department", "why xyz marketing", make sure you have a story and opinion crafted for standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume   Answer Question

Travel Counselor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Express (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Overall took about a month. Applied on mine via Linkden. Emailed options for video interview first followed by two phone interviews and then brief test on travel knowledge. Position was a work from home situation so all interviews were virtual. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of the GDS system. Which are you familiar. Asked if I had any call center knowledge Asked my personal travel expierence Asked about personal goals   1 Answer

Ultimately did not have internet company and security needed for job. Not willing to move

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through email and set up a time for phone interview. The next day she called me and the interview last for 20 minutes. She told me that she would tell the director of this group of my phone interview, and the director will decide whether he would like to meet me or not. The whole process took about ten business day.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position? Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview began with a review of my resume. They asked questions relevant to my previous work experience and education. Then the interview moves on to STAR Questions. There were about 5 Star questions. A 15 minute teachback was also required. After passing these, a final interview will be set with the director.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you helped a learner overcome a struggle.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Express in May 2015.

Interview

It was an initial phone interview. The first questions were standard to check the answers provided in the online application match. Then, it is more about talking about your resume. But when they start asking about your job experience, it is all about your past salaries. They asked for all my past salaries, even internships I did 5 years ago. After this, I felt very uncomfortable answering questions. The interviewer even pushed me to give an exact number for past jobs and the minimum salary I would accept. Overall, terrible experience. An interview should not be based about salaries and I think it is not their business to know my entire income history.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

4 Rounds in total- 1st phone with HR, 2nd phone with Hiring Manager, 3rd- in person with Hiring Manager then 4th with Hiring Manager and potential colleagues- make sure you are well versed in the company- do you research online about their products and what services they offer. Make sure to follow up with Thank you notes and feel free to reach out to HR over the process. Also come prepared with questions to ask regarding the role- they will allow plenty of time for this at the end and are looking for intelligent questions regarding the role.

Interview Questions

• Biggest Strengths, Describe a time when (STAR type questions), How do you overcome a tough situation with a client   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Three person panel interview. Prior to that you sit on a room with the other candidates as you are monitored by an employee of the team. They kept moving us from room to room and asking personal questions about our athletic background, whether or not we were transplants and other small talk type questions. My recruiter didn't tell me this was a panel interview so be prepared.