American Express Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Express in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, behavioral-based interview process. The hiring leader, VP, associate director, phone screen personnel etc. were all looking to make sure that subject matter expertise was there more than that I had credentials or baseless qualifiers. It felt like a very merit-based interview process and any added enthusiasm or effort to do well on the interviews was met well by them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I sent in online application. After 2 weeks I was sent an email for Web Cam interview. This was a bit uncomfortable for me but quickly got used to it. After interview was done and sent in I waited another 3 weeks. I finally saw email to say I was not chosen for job. They take a very long time to get back to you.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

one on one interview , was offered the position within 30 minutes of the interview...questions about past experience , why i wanted to make a change , salary expectations.

Hiring manager was a mature professional , was honest and to the point . Great listener. Pretty clear on his expectations

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Express.

Interview

I applied through my university and was selected for a first-round interview. There were 2 45-minute back-to-back interviews. Questions were mostly behavioral, but a few were situational. Interviewers were reading the questions off of a sheet and taking notes, so the interviews didn't feel very spontaneous. The interviewers were nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision.
      Tell me about a time you had to handle a stressful situation.
      If you were told you had to lead marketing campaigns in 3 cities, what questions would you ask and how would you implement the campaigns?

+ plenty of other questions already posted by others.

Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Express.

Interview

About 50/50 split between HR or situational questions and some basic programming concept questions over the phone. Two interviews back to back lasted for about an hour. The situational questions are especially important. They want to see that someone has the right personality type for the job.

Interview Questions

• Study your basic programming structures and have answers to questions such as "bring up a time when you..." and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Express.

Interview

i applied online, then they emailed me, then i had a phone conversation with an hr contact, then an phone interview with the hiring manager. the final step was to meet in person with the hiring manager. overall the process was easy and enjoyable.

Finance Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Express.

Interview

2 45-minute phone interviews with people from Finance department. First interview was more situational and related to prior experiences, such as the average interview questions. The second interview was more analytical.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Express (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Very friendly.. Some technical questions like data structures... The first half of the interview was behavioural.. And the second half was technical.. Each were about 45 mins long.. Fairly straight forward questions

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Express (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

1st round of interview using HireVue
    you have to open a link that you get. It can access your webcam and mic to record your video answers
    You can type your response or record your video answers

Total 16 questions combination of above. Takes about 30-40 minutes including setup.
    Tip: Look into the camera to provide the eye-contact experience while recording your answers.

Interview Questions

• 3 types of questions

1. Performance questions - You see question, get 30 seconds of preparation time followed by 3 mins of video recording time. 3- 5 questions of this sort
      2. Essay type: You have to type your answers, anything from technical/non technical - 2-3 questions
      3. Multi choce/Radio button- select right option/options. 6-8 questions.

2 Answers

Negotiation

This is the first round, Had to appear for follow up rounds.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Express.

Interview

First round interviews were supposed to be in person on campus, but were done over the phone due to snow. Second round interviews involved traveling to the company's office in NYC. Heard back on hiring process in 3 to 5 business days after second round. Both interviews entailed two 45 minute interviews with different representatives from the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work to meet a deadline. Describe a time when you had to do what was right even if it wasn't the easiest thing to do.   Answer Question