American Express

American Express Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

Director Business Development Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at American Express.

Recruiter contacted me, had phone interview with recruiter, then with hiring manager, then face to face interview with hiring manager and his peer in the technology team. Filled out job application along with my resume, submitted it all to HR, and received an offer letter one week later.

Interview Questions
    • None. The interview questions were very much what you would expect--who did you work for, what was your territory, what was your performance...   View Answer
    Very simple, I showed my W2's for the past three years and asked for a signing bonus to make up the gap in the first year's pay. I got it.

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Express.

Was hired out of college through off-campus recruitment. I had two phone interviews, and came in for a Superday where I interviewed with 2 directors. The questions were mostly behavioral. They also asked for any finance experience I had, or why I was interested in corporate finance.

Interview Questions
    • How did American Express peform this past quarter   View Answer
    no negotiation

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at American Express in May 2014.

Recruiter, then hiring staff internally. Then you may interview with your potential peers, then leader then business leader. Then they ask you 3-4 competency based questions. They move you to the next level if you do well. If you don't, you receive a decline letter.

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Express in May 2014.

First: totally automated online video interview where I read questions off the screen with time clock and answered into a web cam. Second: phone interview with a Director who wasnt even the right one. Third a 10 min. sale presentation was expected with almost no data. I withdrew myself.

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Express.

Applied through on-campus recruitment center and was notified of an interview request at the specified interview-request date.

Technology Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Express in May 2014.

The hiring process started out just fine... the hiring manager called for a phone interview. Then I got another interview with the hiring manager where I had to do a presentation. I finally got a face to face with a Director. Everything was going fine and the hiring manager screwed up the process at the end. HR even called me to talk about salary. I interviewed in May and just got an email 3 months later that I didn't get the job. I found out that the hiring manager was trying to push through someone she knew. You truly have to know someone at the top to get a job there. What a waste of my time and energy.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The hiring manager wasn't real bright. My questions were more difficult than the hiring manager's.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Express.

Quick and easy experience. I applied externally for an temp position and got it within the day. Probably because I'm technical and Amex couldn't find someone within niche who also "gets" their value system.

Manager/Entry Level Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Express.

applied through university. had 2 phone interviews. last round in office with 4 people, 4 hours

Interview Questions
    • what we should consider if we want to hire you   View Answer

Learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Express.

3 interviews one of them being a teach-back.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Express.

Met with 4 people separately, and received detailed questions about the position and was able to convey how I could help them succeed.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a detail oriented type of person or a big picture type of person?   Answer Question